Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOI and UPP

Post Thanks / Like

AOI and UPP

I got my package of AOI and UPP from Dwayne last week,and applied it yesterday w/pc.It all came out great.My question is will a second coat of UPP
    help alot because it looks great right now.TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AOI and UPP

Quote Originally Posted by lmnmarang
    I got my package of AOI and UPP from Dwayne last week,and applied it yesterday w/pc.It all came out great.My question is will a second coat of UPP
    help alot because it looks great right now.TIA
    I personally do two thin coats(even coverage), wait at least 24 hours and apply one more. After that, IMO it is just self indulgence.

I do think that two layers looks better than one.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like

alrighty then I appreciate the post

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, do a 2nd coat and it`s great...besides, some parts are either missed or applied to thin or accidentally stripped off. That 2nd coat means you go from 99.8% coverage to 100%.

I`ve AIO`d and then done double coats of UPP -- super slick.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve gone with AIO and 2 or 3 coats of UPP. I LOVE the slickness that UPP provides! Bugs, etc, really come off easier with 2 or 3 coats of UPP protecting the paint.

I like UPP more than Klasse SG b/c it`s much easier to apply and buff off. I, personally, like the look better, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the same line up with some others.

My question is do I HAVE to wait 24 hours???
    If I`m doing a customers car and 9am-and I finish the whole ting by 12hnoon...Can I apply another coat of UPP by 14hoo or so???
    The gas pedal always listens..
    The brake pedal doesn`t...
    Drive`em safe.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with Tarios....

I know the Sealant must cure but still trying to understand the time frame. Can the car be used then brought back for final layer? Or must it sit in the garage until the 24 hr has been completed?

Daniel
    :ghost

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn`t have to just sit there. The 24 hours is just so the product has time to properly cure. You can still drive it around, just don`t put any wax or anything on it for a day.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sorry for my ignorance. I`m just starting out with UPP. Should I elect to put on two layers of UPP 24 hours apart, do I have to buff off the first layer after application, wait 24 hours, then put a second coat? Or do I put the first UPP layer on, wait 24 hours, then layer a second coat, then buff?

I`m so sorry if my questions sounds so stupid.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO and UPP

Quote Originally Posted by madman
    I`m sorry for my ignorance. I`m just starting out with UPP. Should I elect to put on two layers of UPP 24 hours apart, do I have to buff off the first layer after application, wait 24 hours, then put a second coat? Or do I put the first UPP layer on, wait 24 hours, then layer a second coat, then buff?

I`m so sorry if my questions sounds so stupid.
    Your question doesn`t sound stupid. It just sounds like you don`t know what to do.

Anyway, just apply the UPP, wait 15 to 30 minutes, and wipe it off.
    You now have completed one coat.

Wait 24 hours and apply UPP, wait 15 to 30 minutes and wipe it off.
    You now have completed two coats.

You can drive the car between the first and second application, but be sure it is clean before you apply the UPP the second time. You would do this with any product you were putting on your paint. If the car is relatively clean the second day, I use UGE to remove any surface dust. If it is at all truly dirty, (rain, water spots, mud, bugs, etc.), I use S&W or wash it to be sure I don`t grind any of that dirt into the paint.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO and UPP

2 cents - for your second coat apply it by hand rather than PC as the friction of the PC and the liquid UPP may remove some of the previous coat
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you gentlemen...Getting a bit excited because I just ordered UPP Klasse TS products and looking forward to applying them...

:ghost

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, CharlesW and groebuck. Now I can`t wait for the coming weekend....

There is another question that I should have asked in my first post: what benefit does a second layer of sealant give? Is it purely esthetic (e.g. deeper shine, etc.)? Or does it cause the paint protection to last longer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman
    Thanks for the input, CharlesW and groebuck. Now I can`t wait for the coming weekend....

There is another question that I should have asked in my first post: what benefit does a second layer of sealant give? Is it purely esthetic (e.g. deeper shine, etc.)? Or does it cause the paint protection to last longer?
    A second layer serves a few purposes. 1) It ensures even and complete coverage of the sealant 2) It improves gloss slightly 3) Improves durability slightly

Some people would dispute this but I feel that going beyond 2 layers is a waste of time and will provide little or no benefits.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like

I really love this combo of AIO and UPP (as seen in the thread about detailing my father in laws Metallic Green Ranger).

This is my current combo of choice!

:mohawk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information