Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Overall, it`s a very effective product that produces decent results.

It`s for the amateur who wants quick, fuss free results without spending too much time. If used correctly, NXT can be applied and buffed off easily.

On silver or other light colours, NXT produces results that matches other "multi-step/multi products" approach in terms of slickness, gloss and reflection.

On darker colours, I find that it darkens the colour very slightly and this gives an impression of greater richness and depth. Gloss is good too. However, don`t expect the ultimate super slick, wet look that a "multi-step/product" technique can give you.

It has average durability and that`s conceivable because it`s meant to be an all-in-one product. I always top it with a layer of super longlasting Soft 99 Rain Hop wax to achieve crazy and consistent water beading up to 8 weeks.

NXT has a great fragrance, the packaging is very eye-catching and helps it to stand out on the shelves.

Even the more experienced detailing enthusiasts can use it as the 1st layer and top it with any Carnauba Wax. Should look great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found it to a low end , low durability, off the shelf Target or Cdn. Tire item that I will not be using.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought it and tested NXT against the Meguair`s Cleaner-Wax on the non-clearcoated stipes on my trailer.

Both products left considerable color on the applicators, although I would say that NXT did not leave quite as much as the CW, so I`d bet that the CW was a bit more aggresive. Neither helped the minor swirls much.

Mike P, posted here that NXT contains as much as 10% silicone, so I would bet that this is where the shine comes from.

I did not notice much of a difference in how long either one lasted.

I`ll probably use up what`s left of the NXT on the trailer, but will then go back to the much cheaper CW. (Niether of these products go on my cars.)

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure looked sweet on this custom car built by Troy Trepanier.

You can read about Sniper here, Sniper in HotRod magazine.

Sniper is a 1954 Plymouth Savoy Convertible with Viper running gear. Tech Wax really turned the surface clear to reveal the metallic flake and made the paint look clear, gloss and wet. The owner loved it.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by montoya

I found it to a low end , low durability, off the shelf Target or Cdn. Tire item that I will not be using.

Care to elaborate?

Every customers car that I have used it on they have been more than happy and so far durability is been good .. My moms Cavalier done 10 March has lost is slipperyness but gloss and beading is still there.

Caddilac customer refered another to me and the specific instructions were .. Use what he got on his ..
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Matt M, PA

Mike P, posted here that NXT contains as much as 10% silicone, so I would bet that this is where the shine comes from.

Actually, in an earlier thread you and I were posting to, you positioned Tech Wax as containing up to 10% and I clarified that it could be as little as 2%

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I think NXT gets a bad rap from some on this site, possibly because it *is* an OTC product and not a boutique product.

My experience is 3/4 of my customers can`t tell the difference between NXT vs. AIO/SG vs. VM/EX-P vs. combo X. NXT is a good product to use for those customers and it`s relatively inexpensive and easy to find. It saves time by being a one-step. It`s also a bonus when I can tell the customer that he can purchase the same product I used for maintainence.

For those customers that are more discerning and indicate to me a particular look they want, I have a variety of combos I recommend (depending on paint color) and NXT, while being an option, is typically not at the top of the list.

Finally, NXT has not been that durable in the area that I live in (MI tends to be harsh on cars), typically about 4-8 weeks. However, I`ve found that this range in durability is typical of most products. Z and AIO/SG (followed closely by EX-P) seem to be the exception as they seem to be durable no matter what environemt they`re used in.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I think also the NXT durability may hinge on what is under it .. I am starting to notice if it is applied over sterile base ( No oils or the like .. eg Menzerna polished or AIO prepped) it lasts longer than if applied over something with oils and fillers ..

In a small industrial town like this with SO2 in the air and some SO3 a little moisture in the mix can make it harsh but NXT is holding its own with the other like products I use .. excluding Klasse/Zaino
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, you are correct that I am posting "as much as 10%" and you are countering with "as little as 2%". I don`t remember the exact exchange, so I`ll take your word for it. I remember seeing an MSDS or something here (that I currently cannot find) that listed 10%.

I guess now my question would be...which is it? 2% or 10%? It would seem to me that the difference would be sufficient to cause batches to work differently. Could this be why some get better results than others? It also seems to me that Meguiars` is better at rationing ingredients than this..Or, is this the best "percent range" we can expect from a Meguiar`s (or any other brand) product? Meaning, is the technology used for figuring percentage of ingredients only to this point? Think about it....2% to 10%...is a huge difference.

I would like to add that I am not trying to shoot down Mike, or Meguiar`s products. My Dad`s weatherbeaten Taurus wagon sure looks a ton better since a quick coat of CW.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt,

I`m not an MSD sheet expert, I think it`s interesting how some people like to use MSD sheets to position some products in a negative light, that is, if a person can position an ingredient listed in an MSD sheet in a negative light, they will. For their own purpose I suppose.

Meguiar`s doesn`t have to list all the things they do in their MSD sheets but they do so because they are an honest company and they don`t have anything to hide.

I guess that`s why most other wax companies don`t make their MSD sheets easily available, they know some people will use them in a malicious manner. Of course, a company only has to list hazardous ingredients if I understand the rules correctly.

As such, look at the MSD sheet ingredients for Lexol Leather Conditioner

http://www.summitinds.com/msds/lexmsds.html

No ingredients are listed whatsoever. So a wax company could make their MSD sheets available with potentially nothing listed, or perhaps only one or two ingredients listed. At the end of the day, MSD sheets are not formulas or recipes. Meguiar’s isn’t going to put out any more information than any other wax company about their products. Heck they already put out more information than any other wax company as far as I can tell.

Regardless of your thoughts on NXT`s durability, and effectiveness on you trailer, it sure looks sweeeeet on this Ford F150.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike...I do understand about MSDS. They are used not to show all the ingredients of a product, but are to show the ingredients that could be dangerous, or health hazards to those that use or transport them.

I only mentioned that I saw on this site about the 10%. If memory serves me it was in a post comparing ingredients of NXT to #20.

The Ford truck does indeed look great. Lots of cars posted here look great with a variety of produsts. However, showing another pic of a car with NXT does not answer the questions I posted about percentages, etc.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell you what Matt, you get the exact percentages of the ingredients for all of the products you use and list them.

I`ll wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    The silicone debate is far overrated anyway. Almost every product out there has a little silicone in it (except for Zaino). I think the only reason people are against silicone is simply because Sal Zaino tells his customers they are bad for the paint.

Unless you work in a body shop environment with fresh paint, there is no reason to avoid silicones.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by COBRyan

The silicone debate is far overrated anyway. Almost every product out there has a little silicone in it (except for Zaino). I think the only reason people are against silicone is simply because Sal Zaino tells his customers they are bad for the paint.

Unless you work in a body shop environment with fresh paint, there is no reason to avoid silicones.

Finally, someone tells it like it is.

Technically, on the Zaino website, it says Zaino doesn`t contain any harmful silicones

Silicones are inert. Meguiar`s doesn`t use any harmful silicones either.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesent make any difference how much silicone is in a product if its the good silicone. Most modern silicones are a good thing, and some products that claim no silicones are just using silicone with a different name.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information