Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Pro Polish and EX

I put on a coat of Poorboys Pro Polish and 2 coats of Poorboy`s EX sealant yesterday and what a joy it is!

First I dusted with the Ca. Duster, then used the Poorboy Spray and Wipe to clean the surface. I used the PC for the Pro and the EX application. A Meguiars yellow pad for the polish and the white for the EX.

For the 2nd coat of EX I applied with 100% cotton towel swatch. I like using the PC better for the EX. I think the EX goes on more evenly with the PC. The only reason I used the cotton swatch was that this old guy`s arms were too tired to use the PC anymore. This was the 3rd day in a row that I used either a rotary or the PC for several hours and then did hand buffing for a few more hours and my arms and shoulders just aren`t used to that kind of work load. Too many years behind a desk or riding in a caboose!

Very easy on and off, no smearing, no dust/flakes. Saying it`s easy to get off is an understatement. It doesn`t take much more pressure than dusting the paint with a mf.

I applied some of it while sitting in the sun and let it dry in the sun for about an hour and it was still just as easy to remove. I let it get on the black trim in many spots and it wiped off easily with no stains. It worked great on chrome and windows. The paint surface is the slickest I`ve ever felt.

The shine is incredible, the best I`ve used....but then I`m not real experienced. I do think it shines much better than the 5 coats of Zaino I had on it prior to today. Even my wife was impressed and she doesn`t usually even notice it when I wax. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw it and said "Holy S***T!! What did you do to get it to shine so much?!"

I Love the stuff.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

wayne
    Nice write up
    What type "prep" work did you do?
    Did you do a side by side comparision?
    I am assuming thin coats..., similar to Zaino?
    Slick..., as in you clayed before hand or the finish had oils/silicones in it?

See what you get when you do a write up on something..., A lot of questions
    Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wayne
    Nice write up
    What type "prep" work did you do?
    Did you do a side by side comparision?
    I am assuming thin coats..., similar to Zaino?
    Slick..., as in you clayed before hand or the finish had oils/silicones in it?

See what you get when you do a write up on something..., A lot of questions
    Thanks for the info
    Here`s his complete

story
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

wayne
    jgv,
    Thank you for the link, but I am unable to get on the page. Would you be so kind as to email a copy/paste to my email address...., I would really appreciate it, as I am interested in the product.
    Thanks, Wayne
    waynejitsu@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wayne....glad to elaborate.

I`d painted the hood and the tonneau last fall and had dirt in the clear so before I applied the Poorboy I bought a rotary and went to work on the hood and tonneau.

I used Fine Cut Rubbing Compound followed by Machine Polish followed by SMR Glaze, all by 3M. I`d clayed the truck just a few weeks ago prior to using Zaino for the first time so I didn`t clay it this time.

I had 5 pretty fresh coats of Zaino Z2 on the truck (done within the last month) but when I got the EX I put it on over the Z2 just to see what it would be like. It seemed to me to shine more than with just the Z2.

Obviously the process of cleaning the dirt specks out of the clear coat on the hood and tonneau cut through the Zaino and Steve at Poorboy had told me that the Pro Polish of his would cut through the rest of the Zaino. Therefore no Dawn was necessary. I just dusted and then used the Poorboy Spray and Wipe to prep the rest of the truck for the Pro and EX. So, no side by side was done. Sorry. I didn`t think of that but if I ever make another switch I`ll remember to do that.

I know that it seems improbable but the shine is brighter now than when I had the 5 coats of Zaino on it. There is no mistaking the differnce, even without the benefit of the side by side test. For white paint it is incredibly reflective. I hope to have a digital camera within a couple of weeks and maybe that will help me make my point.

I attribute the slickness to the EX also. The surface is, as memory servies, slicker than with just the Zaino but again, without the benefit of a side by side comparison I can`t objectively say that is absolutely true. Next time there will be a side by side test. I`m learning how to be an Autopian! Objectivity is the password to credibility on this site.

Hope this helps. Regards, JimS oops forgot to mention the thickness of the coats. The EX is very thick stuff and I didn`t really pay much attention to how thin or thick I was getting it on there. I tried not to get it too thick so it wouldn`t be too hard to get off but I didn`t apply it anywhere near as sparsely as I did the Zaino. I would consider what I put on a pretty thick coat, expecially the second coat where I applied it by hand and had trouble getting that really thick liquid to spread evenly. It`s thickness is comparable to Diary Queen ice cream. (What a strange analogy! I just finished supper and evidently have dessert on my mind!!)
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice write up Jim....thanks
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

wayne
    Yup, I tried it and it is easy on and easy off. I used the supplied MF applicator for the first application and a quality foam applicator for testing purposes. The foam applicator used seemed to apply more evenly, used less product and was a lot more enjoyable to use.I am "iin love" with products that can be used fast(ie. easy on easy off and thin coats)
    In "experiments", I also found that short back and forth strokes seemed to work best and cover evenly without leaving to much unused product behind and made application even easier

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try the Pro Polish on wheels! Then follow up with a coat of UPP or EX.....it makes for very easy wheel cleaning going forward (not to mention nice shiny wheels).

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wayne
    Yup, I tried it and it is easy on and easy off. I used the supplied MF applicator for the first application and a quality foam applicator for testing purposes. The foam applicator used seemed to apply more evenly, used less product and was a lot more enjoyable to use.I am "iin love" with products that can be used fast(ie. easy on easy off and thin coats)
    In "experiments", I also found that short back and forth strokes seemed to work best and cover evenly without leaving to much unused product behind and made application even easier
    My process too . I really can spread the product more evenly and quicker with a good foam aplicator that is slightly damp with distilled water (try it!!). I felt the process/outcome was better than even dampening the pad with a qd.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    To add ,

I applied 4 x EX over AIO (after prepping the car with wash, clay, TOL light cut smr) on my silver volvo. I was using the AIO, 4xsg,and s100/ps21 combo initially. I did not do a side by side comparison, but let us say that I thought the EX really made the car look slick like a carnauba topper. I am holding back applying any s100/ps21 as a topper for the time being .
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Boss_429
    JimS,

Nice review! Everyone seems really pleased with PoorBoys products. I`m also looking forward to giving all of PoorBoys products a try. However, for right now, I`m settled in on AIO/Platinum, and want to fully test it. Still, it`s nice to know that when I try Poorboys stuff, I won`t be surprised or disappointed with the outcome!

I`m looking forward to Premium Auto Care handling Steve`s products. It will be "one-stop" shopping for me, with the Platinum, Poorboys, P21S, Meguiar`s products, plus all the right accessories all at one place! This is the one thing I`ve been looking for........... one-stop shopping!

Thread Information