Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

NXT wash vs. GC wash

I currently use Gold Class as my main wash. It`s very economical and is a good product IMO. I haven`t, however, tried the NXT wash so I was curious as to how they compare? Has anyone used both of them? Whats the difference between them? Thanks in advance.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NXT wash vs. GC wash

I have not tried GC but I think NXT is excellent and worth $6 to try. If you hate it, just delegate it to the wheels/tires.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

I now use NXT instead of Gold Class. I like the lubricity of NXT, and it sheets off the car, reducing water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above comment BUT if you have a few bucks get perls 1z best wash I ever used with STUFF second

Post Thanks / Like

GC didn`t cut it for me, EO Wet is better IMO and I have NXT to try next. I`m happy the Perls is now available in a 500ml size,hopeful will get larger yet!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Class is completely overrated in my opinion. NXT is very, very good. My faves are P21S and Pinnacle and Zaino Z-7. All excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

I think GC is a very good product and it would be my first choice if NXT didn`t exist. I agree with all the good things said above about NXT. There is something about it that works very well in mineralized water and rinse/spot problems are next to zero for me. The surface always looks and feels really clean to me and I always think, "Should I skip the polish? Well I guess not."
    Why not try both (edit: side by side) and decide which you like better? See if your water conditions make any difference. I once heard GC is slightly more lubricating then NXT, but I like whatever is in NXT regardless. Maybe try a 50/50 mix? If you don`t like one use it on wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

i think water conditions are the key to any wash, what works good in one part of the country wont in another. every city and state has different types of water hardness and chlorine levels, i think if we find what works for ourselves all will be good. its as individual for us all as a fragrance one likes and one doesnt , just my opinion :dunno

Post Thanks / Like

I think Scottlee brings up a good point. The water quality can play a role here. I still think a good soap, however, will generally perform well even in hard water. Perhaps filtering should also be used in some cases, perhaps even a Mr. Clean from a water hose only standpoint. There is something to having de-ionized water.

Post Thanks / Like

Does water quality affect the slickness of the car wash? This is one of the most important attributes to me.

Post Thanks / Like

i really think it does affect its slickness
    i was also wondering if anyone liked a certain soap with one LSP, then switched their product to a different lsp, around to something else and then no longer liked the wash they were using? just a thought that the slickness could feel different or act different on many different types of waxes or sealants, just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone so far for the replies...It sounds like I should give it a try. The only thing that is discouraging is what Sveta said about NXT having less lubricity. Anyone else have any thoughts on that? I have a black car so lubricity is always a top priority with car washes.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think NXT has *the best* lubricity of all the soaps I`ve tried. I might use just a hair more than the directions call for though. I error on the side of maybe having residue rather than maybe not having the correct lubricity due to a lack of soap in the mix.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve heard the same as wifehatescar says. Heard NXT wash is good competition at least to EO Wet, so my EO wet is on its last leg and soon I`ll try the NXT. The foam gun is all ready to go

Post Thanks / Like

gold class is a great wash IMO, and my personal favorite. i`ll have to try NXT.
    Last edited by cheapshot; 10-12-2004 at 10:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information