Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    well after all the hype on heated portable extractors i decided to get a Durrmaid hot mini extractor from Detail King (seen at bottom of page).

Specs: The perfect mini extractor for the mobile detailer or express detailer. Unit includes a 1600 watt heating system; heats water to 200 degrees in 8 minutes, 60 PSI pump, 102" water lift, 16`non colapsable hose with 3" stainless tool as shown, 1.5 gallon solution tank, 2 gallon recovery tank,2" swivel casters, wide wheel base prevents tip-overs, easy to fill and empty, pigtail cord, easy to carry and store, weighs only 18 pounds. Can`t go wrong with this unit. Dimensions: 18"L x 13"W x 17"H. NOTE: IF USING 14 GAUGE EXTENTION CORD IT CAN NOT BE LONGER THAN 25`. IF USING 12 GAUGE 50`IS OK.

So i waited about 2 weeks for Delivery. i received it in a box with no styrofoam just a piece on the bottom everything else was loose, No recepit. Ive used this machine about 3 times since then.

I really like the portability of this machine, its real light weight. Ive used hot extractors before and this machine says it has 102 water lift but i think my shop vac has more suction than this does. Also this machine is too loud, its louder than a pc & a rotory which gets kinda annoying.

What i didnt like was when i connected all the hoses where inlet goes into the machine for the water it dripps water from that connection hose. the water gets very hot but when its sprays its still cold. Ive sat down and let the spray go on til the hot water came out and it only came out luke warm. this is not what i expect from a $700 machine.

Ive had to call DetailKing several times about the Suction/Lift i was told to make sure all the caps where the water went were closed pretty tight and they were. Then i was told to make sure the hose was connected to the machine correctly and it was.

My second call was regarding the dripping water. The last thing i need is to have the water dripping and moving towards the cord :scared. I was then told to make sure all the fittings on the inlet and outlet for the water were not loose. Checkd them and they were fine.

My last and final call was regarding the Temperature of the water. In the solution tank where i filled up the water you can feel the cap and it was pretty hot. The water does not come out hot only warm. I referred to my manual which said if the water wasnt hot to check if the water level it not too low, because if it is then the heater pump will turn off. But at this time the water level was at its max. I was then told to spray out all the existing water from the hose and it would be fine. did that and its still warm. I knew people had doubts about this machine but i never saw anyone on any of the boards who actually had one. I guess i was the lab rat for this one.

After a month or so regarding these issues i called Detailking back and i asked if there was any kind of money back guarantee (which i was told there was) but am now being told no, its probably a user problem. I dont intend on doing business with Detail king again.

I called Anthony Orosco to see if hed like to test this machine out to see if its a user problem. Hopefully he can do a write up and we can compare issues..

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s too bad. Sorry to hear about your experience with the machine and company.

If you are able to get your money back you may want to look into re-investing it into a bissell little green. I bought mine for the equivalent of $100 USD. It`s not the most sophisticated machine, but it does a decent job for the money. I`m quite happy with mine.

Bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    i already asked and they said NO so im stuck with it

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t settle for that. Politely hound them until you get something resolved. There`s no reason you should be stuck with a $700 broken toy.

I would be happy to call/write and let them no they will get no business from me until the situation is rectified.

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried contacting the Durrmaid company? They may be able to troubleshoot the problem better than the retailer. Before you give up, see what Durrmaid will do to fix the situation. Just a thought, hate to see anyone lose out on hard earned money like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same water temp problem as you with this machine. The water in the tank is very hot but does not come out of the hose hot. I also find that this machine is only good for spots and not the entire interior. I have had my machine for over a year now and I am just stuck with it.
    Scott
    Owner
    Gentle Touch Mobile Auto Detailing
    New Orleans

Post Thanks / Like
    agreed! mine is the same way, but it does the job i need it to do. besides that, i only use it when it`s absolutely necessary. it`s an ok machine, but i was expecting much more from it. at least it`s a tax right off.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just called durrmaid and i was talking to this nice guy, he checked with another guy by the name of dennis. after i explained my concerns to him, "Dennis says well what is he measuring the lacuum lif with his ****.". He proceeded to say i"if you have an ******* like that on the line tell him to go **** himself". by this time i am pissed:angry . so i gently reply is that the owner. the nice guy replies "yes" so i ask to speak with him. it goes like this

him.hello

me: hi are you the owner, cause ive been

him: yeah im the owner look i bought thousands of those pumps and have never had a problem with any thing like that. look man what are you doing to check it.

me: you mean the lift

him: yes you ****in idiot...

then he hangs up. this does not look good. I am asking DO NOT PURCHASE DURRMAID PRODUCTS

:nono

:angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    were talking again right now!

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm... I just looked up Durr Maid, Inc. on the website of the Better Business Bureau...

Better Business Bureau Serving Eastern Washington,

North Idaho & Montana

508 W. Sixth Avenue; Suite 401

Spokane, WA 99204

BBB Reliability Report

Durr Maid, Inc

12122 E. Day Mt. Spokane Road

Mead, WA 99021

General Information

Phone Number: (509) 238-2550

Type-of-Business Classification: Ordered Product Sales, Other

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

Report as of 05/28/2004

Copyright 2004 Better Business Bureau of Eastern Washington & North Idaho

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained herein is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary, and members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of this BBB, it is stated in this report.

Does your state have a Consumer Affairs Department that you can contact?

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you charge it? If you did stop the charge.Fill out a dispute form and mail it to your charge card companyThen the vendor will notice and get back to you (the charge company gets involved)good luck

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, after that experience, I`m sorry that i mentioned maybe giving them a call. Usually companies are more than willing to do anything to make sure the customer is satified with the product. This company appears as if it could care less about its customers, and that is a shame.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i called back and asked for his name, any how i dont like being talked to in that manner & if he was local he would have been expecting a visit.. any how we discussed what the problems could be went over a couple of things and after i let anthony try it out ill see if theres anything wrong with it. Other than that stated before. On the second call he was pretty calm about everything and apologized about that incident. He had mentioned people on forums trying to ruin his rapore with detailers. I just simply advised him i didnt care who he was or what he did all i want is for this machine to work. i didnt really care to badmouth him. stating well if i get it fixed (and i hope i do) then ill post the outcome of that. well i guess well see what happens from here on

ALAN81: i charged back in january but have only used it 2x ive reported this problem with detail king and didnt get anywhere. when i had previously searched durrmaid i didnt get anything in Google. Now that i did it this time i got ahold of someone

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bunmango

hmm... I just looked up Durr Maid, Inc. on the website of the Better Business Bureau...

Does your state have a Consumer Affairs Department that you can contact?

yeah but what will that do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 6`][`9

me: hi are you the owner, cause ive been

him: yeah im the owner look i bought thousands of those pumps and have never had a problem with any thing like that. look man what are you doing to check it.

me: you mean the lift

him: yes you ****in idiot...

then he hangs up. this does not look good. I am asking DO NOT PURCHASE DURRMAID PRODUCTS

:nono

:angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry

Wow! That`s enough for me to not even consider their products. Thanks for the heads up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information