Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Products

After reading a lot of threads it seems to me that just about everyone uses Poorboys products. I think I am going to make up a Christmas list of Poorboys products. I do a majority of my detailing by hand so I need to stuff that I can use without a buffer. I have a black truck that I can`t keep clean on a weekly basis so I really need some good stuff to protect the paint. Right now I use all Meguiers products(cleaner wax, polish and NXT) but now I want the good stuff. List some "must have" Poorboys products to put on my list as far as cleaner waxes, polish and wax along with microfiber products(never used but want to start). I just have the cheap generic oribital buffers(walmart) right now but am still debating whether or not to get the PC DA or a rotary. I know how to use both but very hesitant using the rotary on other people`s cars. Treat me as if I were a newbie even though I`m really not....just want to start using the good products that will do my black truck more justice when it`s clean. Thanks guys

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys Products

Aloha BIGdog,

A PC will make your life alot easier. And it`s hard to make mistakes with it.

I use PB`s:

SSR2.5 -awesome med.aggres. com/polish works great with a pc
    SSR1- great polish
    Both sealant`s EX,EX-P easy on and easier off. A must have
    PwC-polish w/carnuba - easy one-step application.
    Natty`s wax - non-cleaner final coat wax . again easy on and off.

Natural Look dressing-awesome product.water based interior dressing that returns your rubber and vinyl to like-new without a greasy gloss

Bold-n-Bright-a water based tire dressing thats great .

That`s my must have Pb Xmas list for you ..The members here at DC have turned me on to these products and I love `em all.
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opion, and it probably stinks. You might want to think about a PC first. PB`s products will work by hand, but put a PC behind them and they work awesome. You might find that you will spend more on the products then the PC. What you have right now might be ok, but they may work better with the PC. I know what you are talking about because I also have a black truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Grab a PC for 100. Pads/Backing Plate 50. Easy 150, but holy crap is it worth it! I`m a newb but I`ve already detailed cars with it. Easy as heck and no fear at all.

You MUST! Order S&W. That stuff rocks when used correctly.

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I would really consider getting a PC. I bought mine a while back and have no regrets at all.

I love the Poorboys line. I currently have multiple microfibers from them. I also have:

Pro Polish
    SSR1
    SSR2.5
    EX
    Natty`s
    Bold N Bright
    QD+
    Spray N Wipe

I`m going over my Legend again with SSR2.5 tomorrow morning followed by multiple coats of EX and Natty`s in the coming days.

Post Thanks / Like

One item I`m always using is the Spray and Wipe!

The SSR`s are very easy to use and you will get very good results, but they are correct on obtaining a PC.

I use the Pro Polish w/o the caranuba.

EX-P is one hell of a sealant! Very easy on/off and fantastic shine! Top with Nattys wax and you have a winning shine!

Go to Poorboys site and see my SC430! That was done with EX-P by hand and 24 hours later, Nattys.

PB products, inexpensive, do the job well and sealants/waxes are up there with more expensive sealants/waxes.

Enjoy your Poorboys!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said "Get the PC. Period."
    You won`t regret it. For sure.

On my Black Legend I like:
    SSR2.5 PC w/ edge polish pad
    SSR1 PC w/ edge finish pad
    EX by hand
    Natty`s

I have every single Poorboy`s product except the Biodegradable cleaner.
    They are all fantastic.
    Order them all!
    95 Acura Legend Sedan - Granada Black Pearl
    97 Toyota Landcruiser - 40th Anniversary Edition

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the chemical aspect has been covered already, so I`ll comment on PB`s mf`s.
    (These are my observations of the products. Yours may vary)
    -The Velvet Glass Towel-Great!! If the glass is really bad, clean it first with something else (paper towel, cotton towel, neighbors` poodle*, whatever). Then once the majority of gunk is gone, use the velvet mf to clean to a streak free finish.
    -The Super Thick Towel-Great!! (see a trend yet? ) When I used these the first time I felt happy. A smile just came over me. They`re thick, firm and do what you`d expect. They don`t flop around or roll under theirselves when flipping/refolding them . I like them. Really!
    -The... oh, you get the idea. Poorboys mf`s are not the cheaper quality, found in discount stores mf`s. They all work well. You can go for a Starter kit for under $40.00, or you can go for a more bountiful kit.

Try it..You`ll like it!

*-No animals were harmed during the making of this post.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the PC is a good idea.

Basic list of Poorboys must have`s:
    Spray & Wipe
    SSR1
    SSR2.5
    EX
    Bold n Bright (tire dressing)
    Natural Look (interior dressing)

That oughta du ya!

I"ve been using Poorboys stuff for about 2 years now and I couldn`t be happier. Great products and great service from a good guy. Just like doing business with a small town friend that lives down the street. That`s the kind of guy he is and the kind of business he runs. Plus....he knows what he`s doing....has owed body shops and detail shops.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

Some PBs stuff I have and used:

Natural Look
    EX
    Spray and Wipe
    PwC (Have not used yet)

They are all great products and easy to use. There will be a few more products added in the near future.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

Post Thanks / Like

Hi RuBigDog,
    I have a black truck,, and I just finished my last application process and the pictures attached show results from; clay, SSR1,AIO,UPPX3 and over top with P21S. I like it, and did get a PC (despite reservations from my wife, she sees the results, and ....). it is fun to use too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

RU, Start out with the basic`s . Steve will NOT sell you anything you don`t need.. I try out alot of diff. product`s and these are the bomb !! Still my favorite.I kind of think of PB products as pure...by that I mean it alway`s look`s very clean/clear to me

I think I have pretty much everthing he has ( well almost ) and sell them to my Mustang club buddy`s and they love it.

Email Steve and he`ll steer you into a starter pack for exactly what you need.
    Good MF towel`s too.

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

I`d recommend getting a PC, preferrably a 7336 with the 6oz counterweight.

You`ll end up with very satisfying results, better results than you could probably achieve by hand.

Lots of people here at DC apply products manually .... I was one of them but using a PC allowed me to achieve results that went far beyond my "doin` it by hand" ability.

I`ve used SSR2.5, EX-P, BnB, and PWC .... very satisfied with all these products & I`ll be trying others as my bank account allows.
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to learn how to apply sealants and polishes etc with a PC but so far I`m just using the PC 7424 to apply/break down SSR`s.

I`m not sure I`d save any time or do it any better.

I think Poorboys in my neck of the woods had a tutorial session a few months ago. I think I need to go to one of those before I start doing 2 or 3 or more steps with the PC.

In the meantime, all the pads are ready !
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like

There is some argument to applying your first coat of sealant by PC - you get a very nice thin even coat and some people say the heat from the PC application helps speed up the crosslinking to help the first coat cure faster. Any coat after that should go on by hand though as the friction that helped you in layer one will probably remove some of that layer on coat 2 -3 ..etc
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information