Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is a foam gun?

Hey Guys!!! I just discovered this product from my CMA Newsletter! I did a quick search and found what I was looking for! Specifically for foaming soap, this product is made by the manufacturer of HoseCoil systems. The best part....only $20!!!!! I`m excited!

Check the HoseCoil SudsBlaster Out!!!

Talk to ya later!
    Carl

Post Thanks / Like

If you get it, let us know how it makes out, sure hope its a cheaper alternative
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOOOOooooo looks cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    If you get it, let us know how it makes out, sure hope its a cheaper alternative
    I second that.

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s on my Christmas List....probably won`t use it until spring (QEW for winter), and I just completed a massive order from Autopia, so...

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I`m happy to report I just referred this post over on Autopia when the topic came up

Post Thanks / Like

At $20.00 my interest is definitely piqued!

I may have to give this a try.

Boss_429

Bill,

I`m guessing that this is the thread on the Foam Gun....... correct?

Now I have to take a couple of hours to read it!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! This is it!

In all honesty, I can never see myself going back to washing the "old way". I think at about $55 to $60 +/- this thing is definitely worthy of being a permanent, essential tool in anyone`s arsenal.

Boss_429

The use of a foam gun is the best way I know of so far to minimize, if not avoid ,any wash induced marring altogether. For me it`s more fun to do than inspect for and polish out marring ( more clear to remove) later on.

I use it like this:

Foam gun set on strongest mix ratio, foaming in one hand, a good sheepskin mitt in the other, the car already foamed down, spray the foam gun on a small section at a time. Where the foam is flowing over the paint, very gently whisk the mitt across the section. As needed, rinse off the mitt and/or dunk it in a bucket of clean water, move on to the next section ,smaller for best results (to be very extreme, use multiple mitts dedicated only to certain sections or parts of them )

Basically, the constant flow of soapy foam over the paint is not only helping float dirt away, its acting as an ever flowing lubricant when you`re using your mitt. I really like using quick disconnects and shut offs with my hose and I`ve ditched the trigger part of the foam gun and just have the mixing end attached directly to a cut off switch to a quick disconnect to the end of the hose

When you`re all done, simply disconnect the foam gun and use the free flowing water fom the hose to rinse and help dry.

Oh yeah, the foam gun can come in quite handy to use while claying not to mention no more mixing car wash in a bucket.
    Bill,

Yes, this particular post explains the process (at least yours) nicely. The only thing I`m hesitant on is the fact that you are "washing" the entire vehicle before rinsing........ correct? Not that it`s a big deal, as I think I have a "work-around" already in my mind.

I really do like this concept and I`m going to investigate further!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_429
    Bill,

Yes, this particular post explains the process (at least yours) nicely. The only thing I`m hesitant on is the fact that you are "washing" the entire vehicle before rinsing........ correct? Not that it`s a big deal, as I think I have a "work-around" already in my mind.

I really do like this concept and I`m going to investigate further!

Oh no, I`d never wash the entire vehicle before rinsing. I wash a panel at a time. The only thing I do to the entire vehicle first is hose it down and make sure it stays wet throughout the entire process. I wash a panel at a time, even subdividing it into sections, then gradually I can rinse it off and move on to the next one.

Boss_429

Oh no, I`d never wash the entire vehicle before rinsing. I wash a panel at a time. The only thing I do to the entire vehicle first is hose it down and make sure it stays wet throughout the entire process. I wash a panel at a time, even subdividing it into sections, then gradually I can rinse it off and move on to the next one.
    Gottcha......... I think? You use the quick disconnect to rinse after washing each panel/sub-panel.......... correct?

I was hoping I was wrong on that one!

Post Thanks / Like

You could use the quick disconnect or have another hose with an Ultimate Nozzle set up for it . I`ve done both and both ways are fine.

Boss_429

You could use the quick disconnect or have another hose with an Ultimate Nozzle set up for it . I`ve done both and both ways are fine.
    Yep, I have hot and cold water and use a "Y" connector so I can adjust the water temp. I also have an Inline filter (in the hose), so I may just try the disconnect.

Whatever the case, thanks for this original post (I missed the original) and for mentioning it again! Not everyone needs to jump on the "Spray Gun" bandwagaon, but it does point out just how important good washing techniques/tools are in the detailing process.

Thanks again

If I only had more time.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I was checking out Wally World today and I saw this in the car cleaning section. Not sure if anyone else has seen it or used it. You can soap and rinse without unhooking anything.

http://www.turbowash.com/

If anyone out there has used this it would be cool to hear about it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information