Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Four Star Ultimate Wheel Cleaner Gel

Well, I got in on the free offer to try this product out and Dwayne asked that I write on honest review. I`d be pleased to do so now.

I tried it today for the first time. I`ve cleaned this lady`s car before, so I know it pretty well, and the wheels are in good shape. That being said, they were dirty and had plenty of brake dust on them, but they were not in bad shape.

I followed the directions and sprayed it on the wheels and let sit for about 30 seconds. Now there was some water on the wheels because I had hosed down the car, but I think this was actually a good thing.

The color is greenish and it has a very nice smell - lime maybe? I`m not always good at identifying smells. But it does smell good.

The gel clings very well and you can see that it is breaking down the dirt and brake dust. There was some running due to the water, but again, I think that actually was a good thing.

Since these wheels were not in bad shape, I scrubbed using a terry cloth applicator, which also allowed me to get into the lugnut holes.

Then I rinsed well with plenty of water from the hose at a reasonable force, but I didn`t find it necessary to use a strong jet of water to fully rinse the wheels, though this wouldn`t hurt.

I don`t have any pictures, but these chrome wheels are shining - they really are!

Ok, now to be honest here, I wish I`d had some of this stuff on hand for some of the other cars I`ve done this year. I really like this stuff and am glad I have a bottle of it on hand.

I do recommend this product.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an interest in this product now that Megs no longer offers Citri-Gel.

Can this product be used on wheel wells, undercarriages, lower rocker panels?

Can it dwell for several minutes like Citri-Gel? Also, any plans to offer it in a gallon size?

If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then this sounds like the perfect Citri Gel replacement. It sure would beat buying the minimum 5 gallon size direct from Citri Gel
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Boss_429
    kee,

Nice review! I also like the 4* wheel gel............ especially how shinny it leaves the wheels. I like to give the stuff a quick mist with the hose to foam up the product before I start scrubbing/washing the wheels.

Bill,

While I`m sure Dwayne could hook you up with gallon size containers, I don`t know if you would want to use it on wheel wells and such. The stuff seems to nice for that, and kind of expensive for those chores. However, you might want to ask Dwayne those questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Boss_429]kee,

Nice review! I also like the 4* wheel gel............ especially how shinny it leaves the wheels. I like to give the stuff a quick mist with the hose to foam up the product before I start scrubbing/washing the wheels.

QUOTE]
    :yeah

I got in on the 4* wheel gel deal too and used it yesterday for the first time. I washed the wheels & tires first with Meg`s Gold Class and a wheel & tire brush then used the spray, waited about 30 seconds and used the brush to finish them off.

The color was a bit bright however it is very helpful - it allows you to tell that you have completely rinsed it off! The AIO that I applied a few months back is still on the wheels and working even after using the wheel cleaner and the wheels are very shiny on the outside. I was able to make some very good progress too on the inner part of my wheels, but I will need to remove them to get the inside 100%.

All in all I`m very happy and will probably buy some more when it runs out.

***Edit*** Just a note before anyone asks...I only used it on the wheels...not the tires.
    Last edited by mtodde; 09-25-2004 at 08:28 PM.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Thread Information