Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just cuz we don`t have enough of em... :p

Black 1996 MX-5, roughly 100k

I love the stuff. I don`t know why it got bashed so bad. I guess people were expecting a miracle cure....

That it`s not.

What it is, however, is an easy to use, fantastic looking addition to my Autopia approved arsenal. The finish is as slick and shiny as SG, yet as deep and color reflective as S100. I`m honestly just as happy with 2 coats of this as I was with 2 coats of SG and 1 coat of S100.

Although S100 is still my fav. carnuaba, by leaps and bounds, and I wouldn`t be suprised to find myself throwing coats of it on anyway....

For me, it`s replaced my old knockout punch of SG/S100 over the AIO.

I used to do this for my annual spring detail:

Finesse-it II compound x1

SEC x1 (to remove marring from the compound)

AIO x2

SG x2

S100 x1

Now, replace the two coats of SG, and 1 of S100 with two quick coats of NXT, and poof. The same, if not better results.

As far as longevity, who cares. It`s just as easy to apply as S100. I can do my MX-5 in about 35-40 minutes, start to finish.

Unfortunatly, I don`t have any pics, as I discovered a major coolant leak in the car while cleaning the engine bay, and when I finally stopped panicking, the light was gone... :scared :eek

I`ll try to get some later this week for ya...

So. Overall. Beautiful product, better customer service. Two

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs from me. This stuff is getting highly recommended to all who ask about it. Oh, and that lime smell.. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm... It`s like a little slice of heaven...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blackntan

yet as deep and color reflective as S100

disagree :down

It`s a pretty good sealant and very easy to use, but I don`t think it`s as reflective as S100.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    well, that`s cool. That`s why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I suppose..

I`ve been using S100 for about 6 months now, and have just about killed the jar. I love the stuff. I`ll still continue to use it, and I`ll definitly buy more before summer gets here...

But for me, the difference in the look from NXT to SG/S100 is negligible.

Just my review. You`re free to use whatever you want on your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    blackntan, Thanks for the review. I can`t wait to see some pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackntan,

Totally agree with your assessment. I had been using AIO/SG, but now I`m really wondering if all the effort is worth it. On my wife`s black MDX, the shine, depth and slickness is just astounding.

Regarding the smell though - it still smells like insect repellent to me But that`s not going to stop me from using it :xyxthumbs

Oh, one other thing, it doesn`t spread that easily compared to say, S100, but then again hardly anything does.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree. This past weekend we finally got some mild temperatures and I was able to spend Sunday working on one of my vehicles. I decided I would try NXT and bypass the procedures I usually follow. The vehicle`s paint was in very good condition so I used a cleaner and then proceeded to apply NXT.

Application was easy and removal with MF towels was also a breeze. The results were every bit as good as other time consuming procedures I had followed and my neighbouring critics were also very impressed.

What I have determined is that you can put it on very thin and I expect to do the vehicle 12 to 18 times from a bottle. It goes on quickly and comes off as fast so I can in fact do a light coat every couple of weeks if I want.

I really find nothing to dislike about the product and the neighbourhood critics were all very impressed so I don`t know what all the bashing was about. Possibly it will not be great on durability but then again neither is P21S/S100.

I am very pleased and on Dark colours it really works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars says that the NXT is now their longest lasting. That could mean anything but what can one expect this stuff to last for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Randy Mc

Meguiars says that the NXT is now their longest lasting. That could mean anything but what can one expect this stuff to last for?

Expect three weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

Expect three weeks.

Cars I applied NXT to in mid January are still beading nicely.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Is NXT currently available in any stores?
    "...it is important never to forget where u all came from - becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place - de punani." -ali g

Post Thanks / Like
    I have gotten 2 weeks so far on the black LS400. 2 snows and several rains and it still beads and looks fantastic. I see no degradation so far. NXT will meet my needs because she will be washed this weekend and 30-45 minutes more another coat Of NXT will be applied. More importantly with so little time invested my wife loves the way the car looks.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m on week #2, the NXT still beads and looks freshly applied :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    So interesting, in one trend alone, nxt is said to last 2 weeks then said to last 2 months. Wonder why results are varying so greatly on this product??
    Rodney - Salma, will you marry me?

`03 Nissan Super Black 350Z

"The simplest method is the best method"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Deep_Freeze

So interesting, in one trend alone, nxt is said to last 2 weeks then said to last 2 months. Wonder why results are varying so greatly on this product??

I`m wondering the same thing. I can`t wait to give it a try, though. Personally, if it`s as easy to apply as Glanz Wax or S100, I really wouldn`t be too concerned about its longevity; the look will be what I`m most interested in!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that 2 touchless washes basically whipped the NXT.

I`ve re-aplied it and will only be QEW`ing now that the weather is better and I`ll see if that makes a difference.

I think the difference really comes with what is used to wash these vehicles. I use touchless washes in the winter, and they`re hard on any product. I know Scott seems to get good durability with everything even S100 and he always QEW`s his and customers cars...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information