Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my Autogeek shipment arrived today - bottle of AIO, NXT, the NXT wash, and a jar of P21S. Given that I had been driving around in the rain the past couple of days, I was glad to have that arrive with perfect timing - nice chance to try some new goodies.

The NXT wash... I like it. A lot. When the big, brown truck dropped off my package today, I was going through the box to get everything off... opened up the half-gallon of this stuff and smelled it, and I seriously was about to taste it, it smells so good. As far as use, I think it`s great. Feels like such a "soft" wash and does a great job. Given Meg`s GC and the NXT wash, I`d take the NXT. Smells awesome, feels awesome, does an awesome job on doing what you`d want a wash to do.

After AIO`ing the `vette (AIO is NOT new to me, just the NXT products), I went ahead and applied NXT to the vehicle - even, linear strokes, covering the whole body at once, and then going to where I started and buffing it off.

In my opinion, NXT is very, VERY easy to work with. I mean, it is only marginally - and I do mean marginally - harder to buff off as the ultra-easy P21S. (It applies with the same ease). Come to think of it, it even looks like P21S on the paint, heh. It leaves little to no dust, and other than the occasional streak here and there, it came off like a breeze. Oh, hell. You know what? It`s like using a liquid version of P21S. There. That`ll explain it.

Now, I know that SLD doesn`t seem to like NXT a whole lot, but I think it`s great. After buffing off the NXT and getting the `Vette back into the sun, I was reminded of those yellow NXT viper pics that were posted a week ago or so - shiny, but really deep at the same time. The initial comments about combining the "best of both worlds" seem to be true, imo. Now, as to whether it has the durability of a sealant, I dunno. I just know that I love this stuff. Clean and clear appearance that you would expect from using the Klasse twins, but the warmth and depth of P21S or another high-end carnauba.

The AIO+NXT picture in my gallery - http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showg...at=500&thumb=1 - is, or should be, posted below. That`s roughly how it looks when you see it with your own eyes, but like most of the time, the camera just doesn`t always capture the true appeal. For instance, the picture doesn`t say anything as far as whether NXT fills in any micromarring or such - well, it does. Not to a great degree, no, but it does appear to have some nice filling effects.

Can NXT be layered? It`s supposed to be kinda cold here in South Texas, and I was wanting to get another layer on the car while it`s in the garage. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Polaris. Gotta love a black car.

Post Thanks / Like
    What did you use for swirls??
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by COBRyan

What did you use for swirls??

Didn`t, really. I`ve managed to keep the car more or less free of swirls, and anything minor that WAS there must`ve been filled in by NXT, considering that the entire car looks like that hood shot. Other than some previous SG haze, I haven`t really had a problem with swirls yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Polaris-According to Mike Phillips, 2 thin layers of NXT is sufficient.

Did you notice NXT makes black look blacker? I used it on a black 2000 Expidition last week and it looked really nice when I finished (I did use American Shine`s glaze first), but this week, after washing it, the paint seemed to have an intense `blackness`.

I`ve also noticed that using the NXT wash after using the NXT wax gives a real good sheeting action. Most cars I use QEW, but I have a customer with a pressure sprayer and water dionizer at his office, so I use that on his and his employees cars.

I really do like the look of NXT, so I hope the durability is good too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Polaris-According to Mike Phillips, 2 thin layers of NXT is sufficient.

Did you notice NXT makes black look blacker? I used it on a black 2000 Expidition last week and it looked really nice when I finished (I did use American Shine`s glaze first), but this week, after washing it, the paint seemed to have an intense `blackness`.

I`ve also noticed that using the NXT wash after using the NXT wax gives a real good sheeting action. Most cars I use QEW, but I have a customer with a pressure sprayer and water dionizer at his office, so I use that on his and his employees cars.

I really do like the look of NXT, so I hope the durability is good too.

As soon as I got the reply notification, I found your post where you mentioned that Mike said 2 layers is good. hehe, interesting timing.

Yes. imho, NXT really does make black appear a bit "blacker". More vibrant. Warm. And definitely a bit more "black".

Haven`t used the NXT wash over its companion wax yet, but I noticed the sheeting you`re talking about when I first used that wash today to clean up the mess that Mother Nature saw fit to leave on the car. Thought that was pretty cool... is the NXT wash high up there on your list compared to GC, Mothers (I hate that wash), etc.?

I also love NXT - both the wash and the wax. I`ll probably end up using NXT long before I`d actually have to, so I`m hoping to find out about the durability - which I would think is going to be good, anyway - here on Autopia. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Did you notice NXT makes black look blacker?
    I just recieved my NXT from David and I only had time to try a small spot on the hood my wife`s Black CRV and I too, noticed the darkening effect.
    2004 BMW 325i - Titanium Silver, Premium, Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Polaris-I normally wash cars with QEW, but I really like the NXT wash, very sudsy, cleans well and sheets like mad. I`d rank it pretty high. I also like the Kit Carnauba Car Wash stuff too, but it beads more than sheets under full water pressure.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. I was going to edit my post to say that NXT seemed to sheet way more than any other wash, but I thought that it was just my imagination. The thing is, though, I never noticed such awesome sheeting with Meg`s GC, my other favorite wash. There`s a reason for that. Same w/ the suds, definitely.

Jonathan

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Polaris

Yes. imho, NXT really does make black appear a bit "blacker". More vibrant. Warm. And definitely a bit more "black".

Ok, now be honest.... compaired to all the other products you`ve tried (P21S, Klasse, Zaino, whatever else you`ve used), is this the BEST you`ve seen at "blackening, adding vibrancy, and warmth"??

Just curious. :nixweiss

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

Ok, now be honest.... compaired to all the other products you`ve tried (P21S, Klasse, Zaino, whatever else you`ve used), is this the BEST you`ve seen at "blackening, adding vibrancy, and warmth"??

Just curious. :nixweiss

Contestant: I`ll take "He just said it IMPROVED the blackening, vibrancy, and warmth" for one thousand please, Alex.

Alex: This product reviewer mentioned the qualities of a product without using any superlatives.

Contestant: Who is "Polaris?"

Alex: Correct, you control the board...
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    As with the application part of it, P21S and AIO are both comparable to NXT`s ability to give the finish a more vibrant look, like I had said originally. It just seems like NXT has a certain something unique to it (while not necessarily unique, I love the soft shine in certain lighting conditions), and I love the filling ability. Of course, that`s just my opinion. Your mileage may vary, as always.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Polaris

As with the application part of it, P21S and AIO are both comparable to NXT`s ability to give the finish a more vibrant look, like I had said originally. It just seems like NXT has a certain something unique to it (while not necessarily unique, I love the soft shine in certain lighting conditions), and I love the filling ability. Of course, that`s just my opinion. Your mileage may vary, as always.

:xyxthumbs that`s what I was looking to find out.

thinksnow: what kind of comment was that? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Polaris; I also think of NXT as liquid S100, it seems to leave a similar look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I`m comparing two very similar products, NXT and Blackfire?

I`m the worst autopian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information