Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shiny Lil Detlr

If you are not a Hate Popular Things for the Sake of Hating, then I apologize. I am greatly amused by Bose-haters, Meguiars-haters, Honda-haters, etc...

I was trying to lighten the mood. Perhaps I misread your language or you didn`t properly communicate your question. There seems to be a little difference between "Okay, now let`s be honest" and "How does this compare."

It makes me happy that a new product has been introduced that can be easily obtained. I love boutique products but it is awfully convenient to run down to the corner brick and mortar if I`m in the middle of a job and I run out or have a massive spill. The amusement becomes a player when people go out of their way to condemn anything put out by The Man.

Again, if you aren`t that guy, many apologies. Give me an e-hug!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thinksnow

I was trying to lighten the mood.

By piling on the sarcasm? Interesting.... :nixweiss

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by asjk07

By piling on the sarcasm? Interesting.... :nixweiss

Using a pop culture reference as an analogy is not sarcasm. Alex would give you an arrogant "Ohhh, nooo, I`m sorry."

Any other attempts may be pm`d to me so that Polaris` thread can be returned to regularly scheduled programming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

Ok, now be honest.... compaired to all the other products you`ve tried (P21S, Klasse, Zaino, whatever else you`ve used), is this the BEST you`ve seen at "blackening, adding vibrancy, and warmth"??

Just curious. :nixweiss

I don`t think he said it was the best, just that he noticed a difference.

On the black Expidition that I detailed, the American Shine California glaze and NXT looked `blacker` than the previous combination of DACP/Winner`s Choice glaze and Polymer Finishing Creme topped with S100, although the second combination had a more mirrorlike, silvery sheen to it. (the extra polishing step of DACP was to remove scratches from the customer`s husband taking the Expidition through a brush car wash at a gas station).

Is it the `blackest` looking combination? I don`t know. I haven`t tried a lot of side by side comparisons yet. Too damn cold and I am getting done too late in the day detailing everyone else`s cars the last few weeks to mess with my own car. My car isn`t black anway. Both my customer and her boss also mentioned how good it looked...which it needed to because it is at the end of it`s lease and is getting turned in this weekend.

Here is a close up of the Expidition after polishing/waxing last week.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiny Lil Detlr

If you are not a Hate Popular Things for the Sake of Hating, then I apologize. I am greatly amused by Bose-haters, Meguiars-haters, Honda-haters, etc...

I was trying to lighten the mood. Perhaps I misread your language or you didn`t properly communicate your question. There seems to be a little difference between "Okay, now let`s be honest" and "How does this compare."

It makes me happy that a new product has been introduced that can be easily obtained. I love boutique products but it is awfully convenient to run down to the corner brick and mortar if I`m in the middle of a job and I run out or have a massive spill. The amusement becomes a player when people go out of their way to condemn anything put out by The Man.

Again, if you aren`t that guy, many apologies. Give me an e-hug!

My reason for stating it in that way was simply that I`ve seen several threads saying "NXT is the best stuf EVER!" or saying its great stuff just for the sake of saying. My stating "lets be honest" was meant simply as "dont love or hate it just because of what it is, tell me what about the product you like or dislike regardless of hype/popularity, brand, etc." -- maybe I`m just comming off too strongly about this new product. I assure you I`m not a bandwagoneer; I give all products equal opportunity to show their merits and form an opinion based on product performance and appearance.

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

My reason for stating it in that way was simply that I`ve seen several threads saying "NXT is the best stuf EVER!" or saying its great stuff just for the sake of saying. My stating "lets be honest" was meant simply as "dont love or hate it just because of what it is, tell me what about the product you like or dislike regardless of hype/popularity, brand, etc." -- maybe I`m just comming off too strongly about this new product. I assure you I`m not a bandwagoneer; I give all products equal opportunity to show their merits and form an opinion based on product performance and appearance.

Good man--well said! I assure you that my e-hug reference has nothing to do with your avatar. My NXT should be here tomorrow or Monday and I`ll put it to work on the beater. That will be the ultimate challenge--16 year old ungaraged paint.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I assure you that my e-hug reference has nothing to do with your avatar.

Actually, my avatar is a reference to my name. The starkist tuna is associated with the phrase "Sorry, Charlie" and as my name is Charlie, I figured it would be appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW WOW WOW!!!

Thank you for this post. I too have a 03 Vette and was considering getting NXT for it. But I am also a firm believer in AIO and did not want to give that up. I`m glad to see layering the 2 looks sooooo good! You`ve sold me. Now I`ve just got to figure out where to get some (NXT I mean).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, yeah. It`s a pretty kickass combination. Pretty sure Scottwax had some awesome results with AIO+NXT, as well.

I got my NXT from www.autogeek.net - someone had posted a 15% off coupon for last weekend. People are saying that a lot of Wal-Marts are getting NXT in, so maybe you could try that. If not, well, you could always order it online. I was too impatient to wait any longer.

Save the wave :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Polaris, great review. I`m always interested in products that are super-easy to buff out. BTW, great looking car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Polaris

In my opinion, NXT is very, VERY easy to work with. I mean, it is only marginally - and I do mean marginally - harder to buff off as the ultra-easy P21S. (It applies with the same ease). Come to think of it, it even looks like P21S on the paint, heh. It leaves little to no dust, and other than the occasional streak here and there, it came off like a breeze. Oh, hell. You know what? It`s like using a liquid version of P21S. There. That`ll explain it.

Good review Polaris. A product with the depth of a carnauba and hopefully the durability of a sealant! We sort of have that already with Blackfire, but I found it to be a little smeary and hard to buff out cleanly. Hopefully, I will find NXT to be like Blackfire except much easier to use! :xyxthumbs

Using a pop culture reference as an analogy is not sarcasm. Alex would give you an arrogant "Ohhh, nooo, I`m sorry."

Not sarcasm because you were using a pop culture reference? LOL, I think a reference to "Alice in Wonderland" might be appropriate here.... give me a minute while I call my little niece....

"I`ll take Clueless People for a thousand Alex!!"....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information