I recently ordered a pair of EZ Motorcycle Detail Brushes from TOL, based on the positive opinions of other Autopians. They arrived yesterday and I checked them out this morning.

This is a *NON*-review because there`s no way I`m gonna touch any of MY wheels/undercarriages/whatever with those things! And I`m not gonna risk marring my wheels just to have some "real" test results. Not even the winter wheels of my worst beater car. The bristles are NOT remotely soft enough for that sort of application on any of *MY* vehicles. I`ve marred stuff with much softer materials than this. And no, *IMO*, the additional lubrication of a cleaning agent wouldn`t be enough to make them safe. There`s just NO way I can see those bristles NOT inducing at least MICROmarring to anything *painted* (as in clearcoated wheels, BTW) that they would touch. They might be fine for plated surfaces, but *I* don`t have any application where they would be appropriate.

I`m gonna stick with boar`s hair brushes and soft foam swabs. Interesting that people are often leery of using the boar`s hair, it`s so much softer that the EZ brush that it`s actually silly to compare the two.

Perhaps the EZ brush has been changed since its introduction. Some of the people who like it are folks whose opinions I truly value. Or maybe this is just one of those "opinions vary" things. Or maybe I`m just very (too?) cautious about this sorta thing.

Anyhow, go ahead and try it, but *I* wouldn`t test it on any wheels that you really care about. Those of you use them without problems- cool, more power to you. I`m sending mine back.