Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Man if you don`t have this stuff yet, go get you some!!! This stuff is awesome. It does tend to smear alittle, I don`t know if the cold had anything to do with it but man, this stuff made my mom`s black GP just "pop" It`s been polished and waxed with BF and topped off with FD, excellent combo!!!! Order a gallon of it, get a good spray bottle, or use Meguiars Final Detail Spray bottles. 2 or 3 spritz is all you need for a panel because alittle goes aways. Try it out and you will see what I mean and other members why they like it so much,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO Findal Detail is horrible. It smears all over. I started using Meguiar`s Final Inspection which was 100% better. Now I just switched to Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe. If you think Final Detail is good you will LOVE Spray and Wipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spray and Wipe is pretty decent, cleans good, but it isn`t as slick as Quikshine. Appearance wise it`s pretty close though.

Still haven`t tried FD. Next time I go to my Meguiars distributer, I`m going to get some and test it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2001civicex

IMO Findal Detail is horrible. It smears all over. I started using Meguiar`s Final Inspection which was 100% better. Now I just switched to Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe. If you think Final Detail is good you will LOVE Spray and Wipe.

Really, I found that FD doesn`t streak at all on my black truck, it`s up there with QS as far as "lack of streaks".

Spray and Wipe is great but IMO it doesn`t compare to FD or QS. Don`t get me wrong, I think it`s a great cleaner and I use it all the time but for finishing it tends to streak alittle and I have to go over it with Quikshine.

Appearence wise I`d have to go with FD for the cost factor only, but if cost wasn`t an issue Quikshine all the way.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried the following QD`s in no particular order at some point in time and still use some of them today.

Poorboys S&W

Poorboys QD+

ClearKote QS

Meguiar`s FD

Meguiar`s FI

Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl

Eagle One WS

All of the above are good QDs, however after intimately using all of them, I have to give the ClearKote QS and Meguiar`s FD top honors.

They both are really good. Both leave a nice slick, streak-free surface, and a little goes a long way as others has mentioned. Generally, most QD`s should be used under the shade away from direct sunlight.

The latest QD that I have tested is Meguiar`s FD as recommended by my fellow Autopians. And for the price, you can`t go wrong with Meguiar`s FD at approx. 16.00/gal. versus ClearKote QS at $50.00/gal. shipped to Honolulu, HI (shipping included).

So I have to give the edge to Meguiar`s FD based on price. ClearKote QS is a really great QD but at $50.00/gal. it is a little too rich for me.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2001civicex

IMO Findal Detail is horrible. It smears all over. I started using Meguiar`s Final Inspection which was 100% better.

That`s weird because I had the opposite results. FI smeared like crazy on me.Necer tried FD but absolutely love Quikshine. At 1/2 the price though I`m gonna get some FD when I run out of QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just used FD for the first time this weekend. Didn`t have any problem with smearing. Applied to windows, both inside and outside, with no smearing problems. Very satisfied with the results.

Does anyone know where you can purchase FD in 5 gallons sizes online?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Smearing = using too much product per unit area.:nixweiss

Try using less.

I use FD on both silver metallic and pure black, sealant and carnuaba, on hot and cool surfaces( silver only), MF or cotton towels.... No problems with smearing.

Also if you really hate FD I will take it off your hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you that had smearing issues, what type of wax/sealant was on the paint? Perhaps FD doesn`t react will with certain waxes/sealants? Or, as others have said, it could be the temp, or maybe too much product causing the problem.

I`m eager to give FD a try, but smears are my #1 detailing pet peeve (followed shortly by products that stain trim, but that`s another rant).

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Eagle One W&S and i.m.h.o. it is the best , it doesent streak at all , Ive use it at 35 degrees 95 degrees in the sun and in the shade No Streaks. Quick shine is great so is F.I. ,also Mothers ,I havent tried F.D. or Poorboys but out of the ones I tried I like Eagle One.

Post Thanks / Like
    When mine streaked I had Mequiar`s wax on it back in the day when I used to use their waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never had FD any streaking issues at all. I`ve had QS, EO WWS, Crystal Mist, EF CP, and Final Inspection, they`ve all streaked at one point in time. I`ve used FD on top of Klasse, Platinum, S100, Souveran, and Carnauba Moose, and never had single streaking or smearing issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a newbie when it comes to detailing. I tried meg FD this past weekend and noticed some streaking. I was spraying FD randomly on my car and some areas streaked, others didn`t. I came to the conclusion less is better. :shocked

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that this has anything to do with this thread, I just thought I would add this photo to the discussion.

Amongts the many quick detailers on the top shelf is a bottle of Meguiar`s Trigger Wash, circa 1981

Look how far the market for quick detailers has come...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information