Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Used new Pinnacle Products

This is just my thoughts on the new pinnacle swirl remover, and advanced swirl remover.
    Matt Z28 hit the nail on the head with these products( In his review of Testing of new Pinnacle Products). The swirl removers IMO were extremely easy to use. I didn`t feel that the products were as thick as say Meg`s DACP or #9. Since the products were a little thinner they seem to cover a larger area.

I did most of the work with a rotary, but I also did some with a PC. On the rotary I used a Meg`s polishing pad, and on the PC I tried both a cutting pad and a polishing pad. The swirl removers did an excellent job removing the scratches. There were a couple of scratches that required a bit more aggressiveness. I followed up the more aggressive product with the swirl removers and the results were outstanding IMO. I did try using the products by hand in a couple of small areas, and the only thing I can say is if you plan to do that you better eat your wheaties.

Both the swirl remover and the advanced swirl remover applied easy. They both came off even easier. I did have a small problem in a couple of areas were the product wanted to gum up on me. I think it might have been due to the humidity today.

I felt the gloss, and the slickness were excellent. I thought both of these products were excellent and would be a great addition to anyones aresanal.

The car that I used these on was a 1995 camaro Z28. You will see in some of the pictures that there are small white spots. These were where rocks and other debris had hit the car and removed the paint. I did get a couple of comments from a couple of different people. The owners wife asked what all the little metal flakes were from. In all the years they have owned the car she didn`t know the car had a metal flake finish. Hopefully these pictures show up. The first picture is a before picture of the hood.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OI812; 09-05-2004 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry about the picture size, I guess I will have to figure out how to down size.

A shot after polishing of the hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    After of the whole car

Post Thanks / Like
    Drivers side front panel

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely beautiful and nice review. :beer

In all the years they have owned the car she didn`t know the car had a metal flake finish.
    :eek

What sealant/topper did you use? Looks perty nice yo.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, pics can be made "smaller" a few ways. 1) set your Digicam to take pics 640x480 or set on it`s smallest image settings. 2) Resize any photo using an editing program

Post Thanks / Like
    AMDin93103
    There is just one coat of NXT on it at that point. Plans are early this morning the owner is suppose to put second coat of NXT on it. He is then going to bring it to me for a Poorboys bath of EX-P or Natty`s.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job and great review.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work
    Nice review

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like
    very nice, excellent work
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    O1812 - Did you not use the Liquid Souveran then?

And am I understanding correctly that you can put NXT UNDER EX-P?
    I just finished redoing my car, and the last thing I did was put one coat of EX-P, could I top that with a few layers of NXT in the next couple of weeks, and then EX-P a few more layers?

Norah
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Post Thanks / Like
    norahcrv, no I didn`t use the liquid souveran. I know the result of that would have been outstanding. Most people that have use liquid souveran have posted positive comments. After I put the post up and I was way tired, I started thinking out the whole NXT EX-P thing. I decided against it since they are both sealants IMO. I did put natty`s paste wax over it and the results were outstanding. The red seemed to get a little deeper and a little wetter. I don`t know if there would be a compatability issue with NXT and EX-P. Since it wasn`t my car and I can`t just walk out to my garage and change it, I decided to stay safe. I like to experiment with different products to see what happens, and I guess thats why I own a mini-van(each panel I try something a little different). I wish I owned a digital camera, but I don`t and that makes it hard to post pics. The homeowner took those pictures for me, and put them on a cd so I could put up a few pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    The more and more I look at it, the more and more impressed I am. That Cayenne Red Metallic paint sure does have some very nice depth to it .

Boss_429
    Very nice job, and review! Great color too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information