Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Used new Pinnacle Products

This is just my thoughts on the new pinnacle swirl remover, and advanced swirl remover.
    Matt Z28 hit the nail on the head with these products( In his review of Testing of new Pinnacle Products). The swirl removers IMO were extremely easy to use. I didn`t feel that the products were as thick as say Meg`s DACP or #9. Since the products were a little thinner they seem to cover a larger area.

I did most of the work with a rotary, but I also did some with a PC. On the rotary I used a Meg`s polishing pad, and on the PC I tried both a cutting pad and a polishing pad. The swirl removers did an excellent job removing the scratches. There were a couple of scratches that required a bit more aggressiveness. I followed up the more aggressive product with the swirl removers and the results were outstanding IMO. I did try using the products by hand in a couple of small areas, and the only thing I can say is if you plan to do that you better eat your wheaties.

Both the swirl remover and the advanced swirl remover applied easy. They both came off even easier. I did have a small problem in a couple of areas were the product wanted to gum up on me. I think it might have been due to the humidity today.

I felt the gloss, and the slickness were excellent. I thought both of these products were excellent and would be a great addition to anyones aresanal.

The car that I used these on was a 1995 camaro Z28. You will see in some of the pictures that there are small white spots. These were where rocks and other debris had hit the car and removed the paint. I did get a couple of comments from a couple of different people. The owners wife asked what all the little metal flakes were from. In all the years they have owned the car she didn`t know the car had a metal flake finish. Hopefully these pictures show up. The first picture is a before picture of the hood.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OI812; 09-05-2004 at 02:37 PM.

Thread Information