Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks perrrrdy. I want to lick it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I QD`d the car again this morning with Final Detail. However, today was very sunny. My hood and side-view mirror housing looked amazing!! I go garage to garage, so unless I got out of the car in traffic, I wouldn`t be able to see the whole car. But what I saw looked incredible.

It was still incredibly shiny like the Z5 usually has been, but the Final Detail added this glossy wet look that was just awesome. It made the reflections seem a lot more "red". After having looked at the Z5`d hood for about two weeks now, it really looked better this morning. It actually added more of the look I get with Blackfire, but kept the very high reflectivity. I was like and thought I`d share...

Oh, and Corey, :nono to licking Auroras!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as you know a pretty big storm swept through here. On Thursday, I left work in advance of the big winds, but it was raining pretty steadily. As I pulled out of the garage, the car started getting covered with rain and it was beading up nicely as Zaino does. But as I sped up, an unexpected thing happened... Rain started flying off the windshield. Then I noticed it was flying off the hood too! The rain didn`t stand a chance!

I suspect it is the Final Detail that was doing this, since the Zaino never did. It still wasn`t coming off quite as well as with Blackfire, but it was darned close. The car was also still a bit dirtier than with Blackfire, but it was darned close. So it seems some Final Detail has addressed most of the areas where I was dissatisfied with the Z. Maybe I won`t top it with Blackfire after all, but just keep on using FD on it... We`ll see... Super shine, and now super gloss and super rain-flying-off, what more could I want??

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a coat of Z2 on the car on Wednesday. I didn`t use any ZFX. It went on fine and buffed off easily.

I washed with Z7 and then qd`d with Z6 to prep for the coat. Then I spritzed my foam app and started applying it to the car. The main thing I noticed was that it doesn`t spread as easily as Z5. I used about 50% more on the car than I would have with the Z5. Keep in mind that this is still a tiny amount. I probably could have done 2 cars with 3 coats each with the 1/4 ounce of Z5 I mixed up. Had it been Z2, I`m certain I could have gotten 3 coats on my car, and maybe one or two on another car. So it doesn`t take a lot, just more than with the Z5. It seems like it dries up quicker or something. It just didn`t want to spread as much.

Buffing was easy after about 45 minutes. However, the car really doesn`t look any different than it did with Z5 alone. I`ll give it some time, but it seems pretty similar to the Z5 in the way it looks. It looks nice, so that`s not really a complaint...

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to here you went to Z2. Yea, not much dramatic effect from it on first several coats, but it does get better and brighter.

I topped my SC430 with Souveran last week, 1st coat was not a big improvement, but the 2nd sure did make a BIG difference over Zaino than in does on it`s own!

Just been using my new gallon of Megs FD as opposed to FI. Nice shine for a QD!

Still waiting for my gallon of Clearkote QS. Will try it as well over the Souveran.

Did notice that topping of the Souveran muted the light spider-webbing of swirls/scratches.

Will be testing Carnuba Moose one day as well.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sort of addicted to Z5 myself and i`m glad to read that someone else had a few minor smearing problems as well. I originally tried Z6 and as you said, it didn`t work, but I found that a damp plush MF worked beautifully with no need to buff. I didn`t use any Z7. Think i`ll go one more coat this weekend. I spoke to the guys at Zaino about Z2 and they said they only used Z5 on their dark cars without going to Z2 at all. I think that was pretty cool of them because they could have easily sold me a bottle of Z2, but they kept their credibility by telling me there was no difference in appearance in any real-world sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace,

If you are using the new Z5 (white bottle), and get the smearing, go and mixup 1/2 cap of Z7 and 12oz of distilled water in a spray bottle. Spray the effected area, then wipe off. No more smears!

Don`t use Z6 to try to remove smears, it just moves the Z5 around. Z6 is best once Z5 has cured well enough and is ready for your next coat of Zaino.

When I did the SC430, it was Z6 B4 and after each coat and on the applicator pad which I changed to a smooth foam type as the terry one just absorbed too much. Applied really thin so it`s had to see. Came out fantastic. A lot of problems with and sealants, Zaino, Klasse, BF, etc is the lack of proper prep so that no oils or silicone is on the surface of the finish. This is why it also looks somewhat plastic, the oils under it make the sealants look obscured.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Deanski - BTW. I threw on another layer yesterday without ZFX. It was extremely humid and the stuff would not dry. Absolute murder!. I did mix up some Z7 solution and it worked well, but my advice to all is - Do not use Z without ZFX on humid days.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information