Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle one wet wipe n` shine

Just wanted to say i tried this stuff just now and it will be in my arsenal for now one. this stuff not only went on far easier than the mothers QD i normally use, but absolutly no streaking at all. And the slickness of the paint after using it is as good as anything i`ve ever used and far superior to mothers. At 4 bucks you should try this stuff if you haven`t already. I can`t imagine how it could be better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll have to agree with you. It is a very inexpensive product and it works superbly. Glides right on and off, no streaking, and it leaves the paint looking good. I won`t say it`s the best stuff on the market, but for the price, it is very hard to beat.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been saying how good Eagle One WnS for a long time . For a over the counter QD its hard to beat.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JaredPointer
    I`ll have to agree with you. It is a very inexpensive product and it works superbly. Glides right on and off, no streaking, and it leaves the paint looking good. I won`t say it`s the best stuff on the market, but for the price, it is very hard to beat.
    Couldn`t have said it better. Oh, and "far superior to Mother`s"...NO WAY. JMO, of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and "far superior to Mother`s"...NO WAY. JMO, of course!
    Well, i guess it depends on a lot of things. But i can honestly say w/o a doubt that on my car it produces a finsh that is much slicker than mothers does. Mothers once DID produce a real slick finish for me. This was on my old Civic. But about 1/2 way thru my ownership of that car it stopped being so slick. And on my brand new accord with a freshly clayed and double waxed surface it still doean`t feel slick like it used to when i 1st got my civic. Maybe they changed the formula? All i know at this point is that on MY accord, EO produces a much slicker surface than mothers. You`d agree if you felt what i did going from mothers to EO on my car. Why that isn`t the case for your`s, i dunno. But it sure is nice to finally find THE one for me ! (hate the long expensive search for products that do what i want)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dazco
    ...it sure is nice to finally find THE one for me ! (hate the long expensive search for products that do what i want)
    LOL, well there`s your problem, there is no such thing as THE ONE of anything in this world of detailing :lol I have at least 8 QD products, and I`ll bet there will be a dozen folks that will chime in that make my 8 look like a small number. If you change you LSP, you may find that W&S isn`t really the one after all. I like it with UPP, along with UGE, but I find it streaks on some carnaubas. But use what you like, but unless you don`t plan on ever changing you LSP, I wouldn`t throw out the Showtime.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, i`m not a pro detailer or even a car fanatic or detail freak. I`m just an average car owner who posted here because i have a brand new car and wanted to ask a few questions before my fanatacism cause by new car syndrome wears off. At that point i won`t even be thinking about what works best. All i can tell you is that i used mothers over a number of different waxes on my last couple cars and never once did it come close to what this stuff did for me. And even if you are correct and i change my wax to find it no longer works good, i`ll just go back to the wax i use now which is fine. (3M)

Now while i sound like i like this stuff, lemmie take it a bit further. I only tried it on a couple small spots at lunch to see how it worked. But when i got home i did the whole car. Before reading any further, let me just say this is no exaggeration.
    Using 2 scott shop towels (also recommended here and turned out to be very good stuff) folded together, i did the whole car and these are the highlights.....
    1)-took less than 5 minutes to do the entire car
    2)- couldn`t get it to streak if i tried. LITERALLY!
    3)-didn`t even have to turn the towel and it would dry completely with ZERO streaking
    4)-paint now feels silkier than i have ever fely with mothers or any wax
    5)-this on is the kicker......i have never, and i mean NEVER shined up any car i have ever owned and had such incredible results. Last weekend i waxed twice with 3M after claying the car. I then went over it with mothers showtime. The fact is, and this is NOT my opinion, the car looked and felt a LOT better after the EO i did today. The feel is at least 50% slicker, and the lokk is off the scale. My accord is just over 2 weeks old and i honestly didn`t believe it could look like it does. Its so wet and deep it`s blows my mind.

Now for you maybe your post is valid. For me it`s not because while i`m no detailer, in my 35 years of car ownership i have yet to make a car look like this, this easy, and feels so slick. And as i said, if you`re right about different waxes and EO`s effect on them, it doesn`t matter because i will always choose a wax from now on that works with it......for now on the wax takes second string to the detailer ! Trust me on this......at my age i`m far too wise when it comes to knowing myself to make a mistake in judgment on something like this. After all, i used a QD for years that didn`t work 1/4 as well and only switched because i was tierd of using a ton of elbow grease to remove the streaks. (which as i said now are just a bad memory) Now that i found one that is much better in every way and IMO has zero flaws, what makes you think i`ll be searching again soon when i put up with the far inferior (my opinion...don`t take it the wrong way) mothers for as long as i did?

Post Thanks / Like
    ...Using 2 scott shop towels (also recommended here and turned out to be very good stuff) folded together, i did the whole car
    Wow, I`ve been around here for a while and I missed that recommendation. Though I know there is a thread about using the Scott towels on glass. But a QD towel? I would appreciate a link.

... in my 35 years of car ownership i have yet to make a car look like this, this easy, and feels so slick.
    It is a good thing that you have found something that works for you. 35 years is a looooong time to suffer through cars not looking their best.

......for now on the wax takes second string to the detailer ! Trust me on this......at my age i`m far too wise when it comes to knowing myself to make a mistake in judgment on something like this.
    Whoa Take two :chill

After all, i used a QD for years that didn`t work 1/4 as well and only switched because i was tierd of using a ton of elbow grease to remove the streaks. (which as i said now are just a bad memory) Now that i found one that is much better in every way and IMO has zero flaws, what makes you think i`ll be searching again soon when i put up with the far inferior (my opinion...don`t take it the wrong way) mothers for as long as i did?
    Seriously, relax it is just wax (or in this case QD). If you can only make one wax and one QD work for you that`s fine. I think you will find most folks on this forum use a plethora of washes/polishes/waxes/QDs to acheive the desired finish for themselves and/or their customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mr. Clean
    Wow, I`ve been around here for a while and I missed that recommendation. Though I know there is a thread about using the Scott towels on glass. But a QD towel? I would appreciate a link.
    There isn`t one...not as far as using it with QD. But i just bought the EO and some of those towels and when i got home i grabed em out of my trunk. Instead of going in the house to get the terry, i just tried the towels and found them to work great and i only needed 2 folded together for the entire car. i see no need to go back to terry for QD`ing after that. It was just a fluke that i happened to use them.

It is a good thing that you have found something that works for you. 35 years is a looooong time to suffer through cars not looking their best.

Suffer?! How can you suffer from a car that doesn`t look as shiny as it could, especially when you don`t KNOW it could look this much better.

llWhoa Take two :chill

To each his own

Seriously, relax it is just wax (or in this case QD). If you can only make one wax and one QD work for you that`s fine. I think you will find most folks on this forum use a plethora of washes/polishes/waxes/QDs to acheive the desired finish for themselves and/or their customers.
    i think i`ll answer this one with an answer that i could have used for all of the quotes. See, i`m feeling a bit of head shaking on the verge of hostility going on here because you all are detailers by trade, or at the very least detail fanatics, and it irritates you because you see me as a clueless idiot. I am not....that is, not a detailer or clueless idiot I`m simply someone who doesn`t enjoy the work...i just want my car to look good and for it to be easy to keep it like that. Just because i found something that did that for me it seems as tho you people take offence because you`ve spent so much time effort and $ to get results and i haven`t. I`m sorry if i offended anyone, but the fact is i have found something that makes the *chore* of keeping my car looking good much easier, and with the added bonus that it makes it look better than i ever expected. I don`t understand why it is that whenever someone at a forum, any forum for that matter, finds something that brings them joy of any kind, he`s assaulted with a barrage pf replys raining on his parade in any number of ways, and w/o considering THAT PERSONS situation and how it differs from thier own.
    I`m a musician, and as such have spent a lot of time at music forums. When someone asks what guitar to buy, my answer is totally dependant on the person i`m recommending it to. I own some very expensive gear that i know from experience wouldn`t make a bit of difference to a guy who`s been playing a year. But to my ear it`s a necessity. Point is, i wouldn`t recommend a beginner to go out and buy a$3000 amplifier anymore than i think a guy like me should be told he needs to go thru $500 worth of detailing products to be happy, which while not literally what has been said to me, it`s implied that if i don`t, then i can`t possibly be happy with my $4 bottle of chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... i see no need to go back to terry for QD`ing after that. It was just a fluke that i happened to use them.
    Most of us have graduated from terry to microfiber for QD duties. If you try some good ones, I think you will like them even better than Scott work shop towels.

...i`m feeling a bit of head shaking on the verge of hostility going on here because you all are detailers by trade, or at the very least detail fanatics, and it irritates you because you see me as a clueless idiot.
    I have re-read the responses here and I found no signs of hostility. As for "clueless idiot", I would say uniformed. And that dazco is what we are about here; sSharing experiences. We have a worlwide community of detailers (yes, many of us are pro detailers or fanatics or OCD [Obsessive Compulsive Detailers]) who willingly share information about new products and the techniques used to obtain great paint finishes.

Just because i found something that did that for me it seems as tho you people take offence because you`ve spent so much time effort and $ to get results and i haven`t.
    No offense taken, although for you to suggest that you have found a single QD and through it`s use alone you have acheived the same results as the many here who literally spend hours carefully preparing finishes :nono I think I can honestly say there is not "magic" product available to us as detailers that can take a poorly prepped surface and transform it into a diamond.

...I don`t understand why it is that whenever someone at a forum, any forum for that matter, finds something that brings them joy of any kind, he`s assaulted with a barrage pf replys raining on his parade in any number of ways...
    Wow, 5 responses to your thread. I believe we all said that we thought that EO W&S was a decent product. Perhaps it was the fact that no one agreed that it was "THE ONE" as you put it, is what is causing you so much consternation :dunno

Point is, i wouldn`t recommend a beginner to go out and buy a$3000 amplifier anymore than i think a guy like me should be told he needs to go thru $500 worth of detailing products to be happy, which while not literally what has been said to me, it`s implied that if i don`t, then i can`t possibly be happy with my $4 bottle of chemicals.
    I haven`t implied that you need $500 worth of detailing products. I did suggest that you not throw out that $4 bottle of Mother`s Showtime, which you already own. Wow that`s a whole $8 worth of QD products, which again you have already spent before posting. Get over it. I`m done.

Oh unless I say, wow I just saw a Yamaha F310 and it is THE ONE, I`ve only seen one other guitar. :bye

Post Thanks / Like
    No offense taken, although for you to suggest that you have found a single QD and through it`s use alone you have acheived the same results as the many here who literally spend hours carefully preparing finishes I think I can honestly say there is not "magic" product available to us as detailers that can take a poorly prepped surface and transform it into a diamond.
    If i said something that suggested my results are as good as yours, thats not what i meant. What i meant is that the results i got are far better than anything i have achieved so far with ANY type of product(s), and that it is beyond what i ever expected and as good as i`d ever desire. "I" being the key word. Your results may blow it away, but i`m simply stating what it does for my eye and how much better it is than anything i`ve used in the past. Which by the way isn`t one or 2 products as you seem to think. I`ve been owning cars and driving for 35 years and have cleaned and waxed my vehicles since day one. So in that time you can imagine i`ve gone thru quite a few products naturally. The fact that it a $4 bottle of QD and not a 2-4 product system applied with a buffer and all that doesn`t mean it`s worth is linearly that much less. All i tried to say is that on MY car, to MY eye, this stuff blew away any shine i ever achieved with the absolute fastest and easiest application of anything i`ve used, and with zero streaking. But it seems like saying something like that invites some negitive replies. All i was trying to do is tell what i experienced in hopes someone else would do exactly what i did after reading someone else`s raves about it....go out and buy some and be equally amazed. But i won`t make that mistake again. Oh, and you got your wish, as assumed by the little emoticon at the end of your post. Nice place to visit, but......

Post Thanks / Like
    All i tried to say is that on MY car, to MY eye, this stuff blew away any shine i ever achieved with the absolute fastest and easiest application of anything i`ve used, and with zero streaking.
    Dazco, thats all that really matters as you are the one who will be using and appreciating stuff on your car. As far as the hostility goes - no one has been hostile. People are just sharing their experiences. That does not equal hostility. Please feel free to share your experience, but don`t get defensive if other people decide to share theirs. It`s all easy going around here and we should all try and keep it that way. Anyhows...I am glad you found a product that you like, that is inexpensive, and is easy to work.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    dazco; You know that E.O. is great , I know that E.O. is great , let everbody else wonder.

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you`re happy, that`s what counts! Find something you like, and use it often!

I`m not sure that the Scott shop towels are the safest things to use on paint. Try rubbing one on a blank CD and see if it leaves any scratches. The "detailing community" (not just this site, others as well) have found that microfiber towels are the best type of material to use on your paint for buffing and QD duties. Give one a try, it may impress you as much at the EO product!

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dazco, first of all welcome to detail city. You said that wipe/shine is the one for you. Well, if it`s the one for you it might not be for someone else. As long as you like the results from it, that`s all that matters and who cares what anybody else thinks or says. I for one use this product also and like it. Truthfully, I did a side by side test about a month ago between wipe/shine and mothers qd. I couldn`t tell the difference. So, I just stuck with eagle one because it`s cheaper. Here`s something you should try: After you apply wipe/shine, spray eagle one wax as u dry on the surface and take a look. I`m sure you will like the results. I`ve used wax as u dry full strength on a dry and wet vehicle with no problems. However, I know other people who will dilute it a little. Mind you this is only a booster product and doesn`t take the place of a normal polish/wax job.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information