Post Thanks / Like

Forever black bumper and trim kit review (Pics)

Ive had this stuff lying in my detailing crate for a while now, just never got around to using it, so i decided to try it out on my car before busting it out on any customers car.

I taped everything real well, (windows and paint) which really wasnt needed, because it comes off the windows easily as long as you get it off within a few hours, and AIO gets it out of the paint with no problem. I say it wasnt needed because if you do get a little too much out of the dispenser, the tape will just soak it up and the paint under the tape will get stained anyway.

As you can see, my trim wasnt too horrible to start out with, but everybodys trim could look better: (its been a long while since my paint has seen any glaze or wax too, even though im addicted to products, i never seem to want to use them on my own car....lazy i guess)

and one for fun:

I dont know why my trim looks ghostly white in this pic, i guess just because the sun was directly above me. Well anyway, this picture was taken after 1 dried coat, i ended up doing 3 coats.

Overall, id say this product is a must for anybody whos car is a few years old, or is a Ford (haha, im not pro-chevy anti-ford, but i think ford specifically designs their trim to turn chalky grey as soon as its off the lot). My trim was pretty bad, but not too bad, and after using this i feel like i have a completely different car. It took years off the overall appearance of my exterior. I even took the trim from around the windows off the car and applied the dye away from the glass and paint on the ground which made it a breeze, and the stuff dries to the touch in literally seconds, but I wouldnt wash it for at least a couple hours, or probably a day.

Now i just need to try out my unopened bottles of PB-TR and Black Again

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey are you on FSC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info and nice rig.
    The last picture of the close up is a good comparison. How many coats does BA recommend? Did you use the BA cleaner, if so how did it work? Let us know what you think of PB TR.

rycen,
    Does FSC = Full Size Chevy?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    rycen....yes im on fullsizechevy as well, are you a member there?

esschwab....thanks, and i dont know who BA is, but they dont really recommend any number of coats, they simply say something along the lines of "for a high gloss shine, apply a second coat". Like i said, i applied 3, and it didnt really turn out too shiney, it just made the trim A LOT darker. And yes, i used the cleaner. It was very simple to use, just mixed half the bottle in a bucket with a little water and sponged the solution onto the trim and gave it a little scrubbing, then hosed it off and dried it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,I`m on FSC as well,same screen name.Thought your ride looked familiar.Looks good,I`m trying to go the all black route with my 94 2 door as well.Went to your homepage and the headlights that you have look great. What brand are they?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, ive never seen you around.

what homepage are you talking about..i have pics at so many different photo host sites i cant keep track, although i think your talking about my old headlights, they were cheap APC projectors. They looked cool, but i have halos now though.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like you used the product on the whole car... windows and everything!!!
    1993 Porsche 911 - Black

Thread Information