Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NY detailer

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion on products. The only thing that is going through my head is that Mods will start to do product reviews and start to push some of david`s stuff.

These product reviews must be honest and not steering anyone away just for a sale.

IMO mods should not be allowed to post product reviews on Davids line of products. Because in a way they do work for david and it would be like me working for meg`s coming here and trying to push meg`s products.

This is just my thought and I have no intention to bash anyone or start a flame.

NYD

Oh, where to begin. First we don`t work for David, we are volunteers. We have ZERO financial interest in Autopia or any branch business. Thus, we are just as unbiased as anyone else.

Second, when David has asked us to test products he has NEVER, EVER told us to do anything but an honest, accurate review. Personally, we would not participate in anything that is not honest. It is highly insulting that you would suggest we would do anything different.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    What, or who, is a "mod?"

Post Thanks / Like
    mod = moderator

There is no benefit to us personally if David`s store does well. That is soon to be his bread and butter. We all have our own jobs that pay our bills. Moderating is an extention of our hobby here on Autopia. There isn`t anything in it for us if we pimp David`s products. We aren`t gaining anything financially from it so I don`t see the problem in mods reviewing anything they want to. In the end we are still members of this board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Oh, where to begin. First we don`t work for David, we are volunteers. We have ZERO financial interest in Autopia or any branch business. Thus, we are just as unbiased as anyone else.

Second, when David has asked us to test products he has NEVER, EVER told us to do anything but an honest, accurate review. Personally, we would not participate in anything that is not honest. It is highly insulting that you would suggest we would do anything different.

I understand what you are saying, but you need to see things from a non-mod view, they way others may see it.

you volunteer for david & you post about his products. What i am saying is that you have a working relationship with david whether or not you get paid. It is almost like a conflict of interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion on products. The only thing that is going through my head is that Mods will start to do product reviews and start to push some of david`s stuff.

These product reviews must be honest and not steering anyone away just for a sale.

IMO mods should not be allowed to post product reviews on Davids line of products. Because in a way they do work for david and it would be like me working for meg`s coming here and trying to push meg`s products.

This is just my thought and I have no intention to bash anyone or start a flame.

NYD

Wow, I`m insulted that you would even imply that I was anything but honest and objective. I wrote a detailed review and even included pics, what more do you want? If you look through the posts, you will find lots and lots of people less that ecstatic, about these products, only 2 of which are mods.

Secondly, if you read my review, you might see that I actually like the QS, and found the VM ok as well, but somehow I`m not being objective for some reason. I guess placing the blame on us is easier than anything else...

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are saying, but you need to see things from a non-mod view, they way others may see it.

you volunteer for david & you post about his products. What i am saying is that you have a working relationship with david whether or not you get paid. It is almost like a conflict of interest.

So...what? Now anytime a mod posts a negative review about something you are just going to say that its because we are trying to make the stuff in the store look better? So none of my reviews have been objective? What do you want a moderator to do, Brian? Just sit there and move posts around and not speak? We aren`t allowed to participate now because some may think we are less than objective? Ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not imply this directly to you. It was just a thought that was going through my head and I have spoke with others who feel the same way. I understood your review, I was just something I needed to say and was not towards any one mod.

Maybe I worded it wrong, but i did not want this to become a flame war.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

So...what? Now anytime a mod posts a negative review about something you are just going to say that its because we are trying to make the stuff in the store look better? So none of my reviews have been objective? What do you want a moderator to do, Brian? Just sit there and move posts around and not speak? We aren`t allowed to participate now because some may think we are less than objective? Ridiculous.

wow, you mods sure are getting jumpy at this. Just remember I was the one who said I did not want this to be a flame war.

Post Thanks / Like

wow, you mods sure are getting jumpy at this. Just remember I was the one who said I did not want this to be a flame war.
    So now its supposed to be a pie throwing contest. You throw your unfounded accusations our way and we aren`t supposed to respond?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    When you suggest that we are not being objective then yes I will get defensive. How would you like it if I questioned your ethics to everbody? If you didn`t want this to become a flame war then perhaps you should go back and reword it the way you intended it to come out because the way it is written is extremely offensive to people who have been working on this board a lot longer than you have and don`t appreciate having their ethics or morals being questioned by you.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to get angry when you suggest we would commit fraud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mods vs NYD round 1.

I understand that David has every right to sell products and make money selling products. In fact I hope he does very well with his store.

It is jsut that in my opinion it would be a conflict of interest for mods posting opinions on davids product line. You have a working relation that revolves around autopia.

[The only thing that is going through my head is that Mods will start to do product reviews and start to push some of david`s stuff.]

there is nothing wrong with what i have above, It was a though that came across my mind.

[IMO mods should not be allowed to post product reviews on Davids line of products. Because in a way they do work for david and it would be like me working for meg`s coming here and trying to push meg`s products.]

above is my way of explaining my thought. not accusing anyone of anything.

[These product reviews must be honest and not steering anyone away just for a sale.]

above could have been worded better i agree

[This is just my thought and I have no intention to bash anyone or start a flame.]

was not bashing and did not want to start a flame war, but i don`t think you guys saw that line.

Post Thanks / Like

Mods vs NYD round 1.

This isnt some funny joke....

Post Thanks / Like
    Then by your rational you should never be allowed to mention Final Polish, since you sell it on your site.

Post Thanks / Like
    was not meant to be a joke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information