Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars #00 Car Wash soap

Has anyone else here used this stuff?

I think this is the worst stuff I have ever used in my life! It leaves this terrible haze over my car...it doesn`t dry ... it doesn`t clean well .... I like the Meguiars Gold Class Soap better.....

anyway ... can anyone recomend some good soap... I was going to wait for PB to release theirs but I don`t thats going to be for a while...!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Gold Class stuff. I`ve used Tropi-Care with great results as well, I have a sample of the new stuff waiting to try. I`ve heard really nice comments about 1Z Perls.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the #00, especially if wetsanding or claying. I used it for years as my wash of choice before GC and now NXT.

What do you mean by "not drying."
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a big fan of #00 either. I would much rather use Meg`s Gold Class shampoo. My favorite shampoo is currently the BMW brand. Sonax Gloss is nice, but hard to find. I also have to agree that the TropiCare wash is quite good. The PB prototype seems like the best of the bunch so far, but it`s not available for purchase yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm I better just reserve it for claying. I though the Gold Class was decent but then I tried EO Wet, best OTC wash I`ve used yet!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EBPcivicsi
    I like the #00, especially if wetsanding or claying. I used it for years as my wash of choice before GC and now NXT.

What do you mean by "not drying."
    Its hard to explain....My car is black so as everyone knows... black showes every little flaw. After the first time I used it While i was drying the car I noticed that even with a new MF which was damp to the touch the water on the car would not absorb into my towels. And to boot I would follow up with another dry towel to make sure there was no residue... it just wouldn`t dry.

It would leave this white haze on the car which was annoying to try and remove.

Id much much rather use regular Gold Class soap!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Focusedonsound
    Its hard to explain....My car is black so as everyone knows... black showes every little flaw. After the first time I used it While i was drying the car I noticed that even with a new MF which was damp to the touch the water on the car would not absorb into my towels. And to boot I would follow up with another dry towel to make sure there was no residue... it just wouldn`t dry.

It would leave this white haze on the car which was annoying to try and remove.

Id much much rather use regular Gold Class soap!
    Hmmm, sounds like too much soap to me???

The important thing is that you found the GC and like it. I agree it is a very nice soap, especially for the $.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    what else is available? Or better yet ...what else would you recomend?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the EO Wet better than the Gold Class for an OTC wash

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m really stuck on the NXT wash lately. I personally like it better than GC, it leaves my paint much slicker.

BillD, I have never tried the EO wash. How does it compared to the GC or the NXT? Better lubricity, cleaning properties, etc?
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    hey civic, a friend of mine told me that the NXT wash actually works really good on rims. is it true?
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Boss_429

Re: Meguiars #00 Car Wash soap

Originally posted by Focusedonsound
    Has anyone else here used this stuff?

I think this is the worst stuff I have ever used in my life! It leaves this terrible haze over my car...it doesn`t dry ... it doesn`t clean well .... I like the Meguiars Gold Class Soap better.....

anyway ... can anyone recomend some good soap... I was going to wait for PB to release theirs but I don`t thats going to be for a while...!
    While it`s not my favorite Meguiar`s wash (I like #62 better) I`ve used #00 before, and never had a problem? It has a considerable amout of lubrication, which means it probably contains a lot of oils. Therefore, if you mix it too "rich", it can leave a lot of oil film behind that requires a good thorough rinsing. Of course, that same problem can occur with most good car washes. I`ve found that mixing GC way too rich won`t leave much residue, but it will strip a light wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EBPcivicsi

BillD, I have never tried the EO wash. How does it compared to the GC or the NXT? Better lubricity, cleaning properties, etc?
    I used a gallon of GC and it cleans ok, seems reasonably slick but I often had to find myself going over areas whee dirt did not come off with the first pass.

Haven`t tried the NXT. Heard it has a strong fragrance? When I switched to EO, I was very pleased, it got off all the dirt almost all of the time, only had to go over spots on two isloated occasions and I noticed it seems more slick than the GC. I even used it to clay, and it really made the clay bar glide .

He he, this stuff sorta looks like blood, I wonder what kids on Halloween will think

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bill, I will have to try some. Sounds like a worthy competitor.

The NXT definitely has a strong fragrance, but it is one that I like.

Zesty, I really don`t know. I use the soaps that I don`t like for my paint on my wheels. Just like a MF, if it doesn`t pass the test, it is delegated to wheel/door jamb duty.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a problem with #00. It`s not my top choice, but there`s nothing wrong with it. It does the same thing as all the other car wash soaps I`ve tried.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information