Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed my order on Aug 6 and received it on Aug 12. I do live in Canada though. I placed my order over the net and used my credit card, probably not the brightest move but oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed DAVID a money order a week ago.I was told by a few people don`t hold your breath waiting for the item.It is possible it could be at the border waiting for clearence for a long as 10 days.That is the only hold up once it gets clearence its only a few days for delivery.I also believe that because of the games they are working extra to check all packages.If you were in a rush you could have bought it from the guy in OHIO but he is around $6 more money for 6OZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I guess I should have a lower expectation, that way I won`t be too excited...

BTW, that guy in Ohio emailed me back and told me he`s not in the wax business anymore. That should be the same guy someone else mentioned once before...

Post Thanks / Like
    page 1 of this thread PRESTIGUE that is who im talking about............................................. ................... he is $6 dollars more plus $5 for shipping

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ALAN81
    page 1 of this thread PRESTIGUE that is who im talking about............................................. ................... he is $6 dollars more plus $5 for shipping
    Well, it`s now...."was". He doesn`t sell the wax anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooohooo~~!!!
    Got the Victoria Red Concours Wax today!! I just tried out our straight black Benz that has been sitting in the garage waiting for the wax.
    The first impression of the packaging reminds me of some of the Zymol waxes. The smell is great! It`s very different from other banana coconut or the pina colada smell. This is more like the Very BERRY Strawberry Daiquiri kind of smell. I abosultely love it.
    So I decided to try it on the other side of the benz with only UPPx1+NXTx1 (of course went through clay, UGE, IP, and FP already), and compares to the other side with same everything but with additional 1 layer of PS. I gotta say...the method of applying by bare hands reminds me a lot of the more pricey zymol lines. I tried with my palm at first, then tried to even out the application with the new Lake County red finishing pads. DON`T LET IT DRY! Or it would be like the zymols, needs more elbow grease to buff it off w/ MF. It`s not like PS or TS that you could go over half of the car or the whole car then come back to buff it off with ease.
    The result is pretty impressive. It gives out the very similar reflection as UPP and a bit like the P21S, and it has a slight wetter look than PS...at least on a black car. And to be honest, at the very same price as PS, I expect nothing less. Only down side I found was it doesn`t cover up light scratches as well as PS, but that`s very insignificant kind of difference anyway.
    Now I just need to take the car out for a spin and report back. Hopefully, it won`t last as long as Zymol and attract all sorts insects and dust.
    For the money you pay, it`s a very good alternative to PS..and a slight change of pace. It will require more effort to buff it off, but I have not seen any hazing or streaking like some other waxes.
    But even if it doesn`t last as long, it`s not really an issue for me as I go through these detailing processes every other weekend. Or maybe their other type of waxes would last longer?

Would I switch from PS over to VCW (Victoria Concour Wax, hey I just invented a ACRONYM!)? Not sure yet, but this wax is definitely up there with the big boys.

Oh, and doing it by hands were also suggested by Victoria wax guy b/c with foam applicators/pads, some of the solvent tend to get absorbed by the pads and might cause streaking after buffing it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    so.............. did you try applying with a foam app?
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    so.............. did you try applying with a foam app?
    Yeah...as I mentioned: "I tried with my palm at first, then tried to even out the application with the new Lake County red finishing pad."
    I still used with my palm first before swapping out with finishing pad to lightly even out the surface...you can only do so much with bare hands. It`s the best you work on smaller panels at a time and wipe down before it dries out. Or you would need to put more effort in buffing off the wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    uhhh, i dont think that really directly answers the question, but i assume itsa no..........

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried my Victoria Concours Wax today just on a small section of the roof of my truck as I have more prep work to do before I apply to entire vehicle. I used my bare hand and found it very easy to apply but I will need more practice to get the application more even. I have not yet tried with a foam applicator but will just to see which method works best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    uhhh, i dont think that really directly answers the question, but i assume itsa no..........
    Sorry, guess I should have made it more obvious.

No, I used my fingers and palm first. Then I moved on with a finishing pad w/ DAPC to even it out.

Like mahd, I`m still not very skilled with bare hand. I thought with finishing pad afterwards would help to smooth/even out the waxed surface a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    DAPC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Doh...dual action porter cable...whatever the acronym is. DACP? Should I keep on apologizing or you think you`ve gotten enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, for a minute there i thought you meant DACP............. just call it the PC or something.... anyways, next time, can you try using a foam app, or maybe a mf app? im interested in seeing how it would work vs by hand. thats pretty intersted that solvent went get absorbed, but i guess its very much possible. ive never really tought of that. you can update us with the "steaking" problem if any, because it would be really eas y fo ryou to see because you have black

Post Thanks / Like

Teaser pics

http://public.fotki.com/Huangfamily/colorofthenight/

password: waxho

after polish, the car only has some layers of UPP & NXT.

Now these are taken tonight after 2nd layer of Victoria Concours Red. :cool

Like we always know...pictures don`t do justice. I`ll upload few more day time pictures tomorrow.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information