Post Thanks / Like

Pwc&natty`s Vs. Vm&cmw

specialty motoring porducts has a special on phone orders this weekend 15% off. The above kits are 34.99 or 35.99. I have a emerald greeen honda accord. I have a pc and pads from LC. I have heard greats things about VM and Poorboys. I need some polish and some topper. I have s100 cleaner and polish
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Boss_429
    I`m sure either of those combo`s will look great on your vehicle! I suspect that most people would have a difficult time telling the difference. The VM & CMW might give just a tad darker appearance, but that`s only a guess on my part, as I`ve never used the CMW.

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did the PWC & Natty`s this morning, it`s pretty nice. I also have the VM/CMW, and haven`t used it yet, but the Poorboy`s stuff has a more immediate sensory appeal and made me kind of itch a little to use it.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    can you actually use the PB`s out door in the sun like it says. I dont have a carport or a sheltor that gives me shade. I would have to wait untill the afternoon to do it and then the cars paint is still hot. That will be the deciding factor.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 00GREENMACHINE
    can you actually use the PB`s out door in the sun like it says. I dont have a carport or a sheltor that gives me shade. I would have to wait untill the afternoon to do it and then the cars paint is still hot. That will be the deciding factor.
    Use PWC in direct sunlight all the time. Same as you..no carport or garage (at least not one I can fit my car in with all my kids crap in there). The Natty wax you`ll want to do one panel at a time if you are working in direct sunlight. No problems. Done it plenty of times. PWC/Natty is my life.

I
    ll go out on a limb here and bet that if you do one half the car with the PWC/Natty combo and the other half with the Clearkote products you mentioned, you`ll find that over the course of 4-6 weeks the PWC/Natty side accumulates less dust and much less crud sticks to the finish. I`ll also bet that the PB side looks better after a regular wash without a QD than the other side.

I`ve not used the Clearkote products myself but I have used just about every PB product and have absolute confidence in Steve`s products.h
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can use Poorboy`s in the sun. Just a sidebar. It`s not the sun that plays havoc with the products but the temperature of your car`s paint/exterior.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    PwC & Natty`s will have a brighter and clearer look. It will also allow more metallic flake to shine through. VM & CMW will have a darker and wetter appearance. Both combos are very appealing. It all comes down to your personal preference.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by 00GREENMACHINE
    Well, even though PB`s products can be used in the sun, I would try and avoid using them on an extremely hot paint surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about VM and then ex-p. Best of both worlds. I want a wetter deepers looking shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s up welcome fellow north carolinian!!

VM+CMW are a great combo and smell awesome - PwC and Natty`s are even better IMHO - CMW is a liquid where as Natty`s is a paste so it will last much longer-

VM+EX-P is amazing - and will last longer than either of the other combos as EX-P is a sealant -

Why not go VM+EX-P x3 and then top it off with Natty`s?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, I want the least steps to provide the best results. Isn`t VM consider a polish and a cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always buy both kits and add a jar of Natty Wax to the
    order. A sale is a sale after all. (I think Yogi Berra might steal that line)

The CK combo lasts a good amount of time. I never had a dust attraction problem with VM/CMW. I like the CK combo on blacks and reds. It is a quick and easy combo to apply as they are both wipe on/wipe off products.

The nice thing about Clearkote and Poorboy`s is that they work very well together and compliment each other. VM looks great under EX or EX-P. I think the VM/EX-P has become a very popular mix for a lot of colors. It looks fantastic on black. You get depth and wetness from VM and a clear shine with great reflections from the EX-P. Top it off with a coat or two of Natty`s Paste Wax and you are going to be floored.

VM and PwC are similar in use and appearance, but they each have different characteristics. PwC does a better job at cleaning the paint and protection is better due toe the carnauba wax in its formula. VM looks a bit wetter and leaves the surface slicker. It is a bit of a hybrid product as it has a very minor polishing action and some protective qualities in addition to its primary function as a glaze.

If you`re looking for a polish and topper, I would go with the PwC/EX-P for the emerald green combo. VM gives similar results to GEPC, but is easier to use. Since you already have GEPC, you could buy VM when your GEPC runs out. Adding a jar of Natty Wax to the order would give you additional topping options. All of those products are easy to use, so no worries there.

Post Thanks / Like
    VM , EX-P (x2), and CMW gives a dripping wet appearance. However, the CMW will give up come clarity and reflectivity in the process. It`s a great combo for whites. For dark metallic green, I would use VM, EX-P (x2), and Natty`s.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s not forget the prep now! I`m sure all these combos will make your Accord look good, but its important to prep the surface good before the polish/wax. Heres my experience with the Clearkote Twins. I was kinda of weiry of the claim on the back of CMW, "6 months of protection", but its still beading decently on my uncle`s truck which was VM/CMW in the beginning of April. I also preped it by just a wash back in my newbee days. I`m sure if it was washed and QD more often it would still look good. I`m not trying to convince you to buy 1 combo over the other but thats my experience with CK, I haven`t had enought time to draw conclusions on Poorboys yet. Both Clearkote and Poorboys are priced about the same, have easy application, and give great results. The only way to truly find out what you like more is to get em all and do comparisons. Or if your on a budget, get 1 combo and try swapping samples of products with other members, to help you come up with a verdict on your favorite combo on your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just placed my order with scott and got the 1-2 punch and some ssr2.5. I will take some before and after pics. I am itching to get them. Thanks for the advised SCOTT and everyone else. This is by far one of the most respectable fun easing going fourms I have been one!

Thread Information