If you read my thread on when friends attack - you know I had a lil problem with the weed wacker car wash. I decided to give these two products a whirl.

Scratch X - Well by all accounts I was supposed to use it by hand - I didn`t - I used it via PC, Meg`s yellow polishing pad @ 5.5. I worked in small sections (I only did the hood, roof and trunk and they got the brunt). I didn`t have any of the gumming up issues other have reported on. It was really humid Sunday so it took a while to powder but it did. I did half the hood and removed and it came off quite easy and left the hood smooth. I did the other half of the hood and same thing. Then I did half the roof. I removed and again it was smooth so I did the other half. Well while doing the other half I could see splotchy marks on the half I just did. I could get them out with an MF but it seemed to take some effort. I left the other side of the roof to dry while I did the trunk. Again I saw the splotchy marks and on the trunk definate pattern lines of where I had applied the product. I took a little S&W and shot the roof and they all came right off. Same goes for the trunk and to be safe I did the hood too. I think I may have just used too much product or didn`t work it long enough. Either way it did the job and I had smooth as glass surfaces.

Color X - My reasoning for going this route was reading the label it looked like Color X was similar to Clean Dean`s favorite Speed Glaze (cleaned and removed fine scratches while leaving a polymer protection.)

I used a Meg`s yellow pad at 5 for all the horizontals and did the hood, roof and trunk. I did the whole car working each section until it was dry. I waited a good 15 minutes hoping it was not like the scratch X. It wasn`t. Color X came right off with a MF. It seemed to add a richness and depth to my color. There was not much of a slick feeling (nothing like a sealant). But is was smooth and glossy.

I followed up with UPPx1 which as usual glided on and off (I waited an hour due to the humidity). Came out grrrreat! Not a scratch left that I can see!! (pics will follow - but it rained last night right after I got done and has been raining on and off all day today!).

for off the shelf they did pretty decent jobs. I would be willing to bet if you topped the color Xwith Nxt you could do some pretty decent work with the three.