The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Using Poorboy`s Products

After convincing myself to go do my car. I detailed it with Bleche-White tire cleaner + Meg`s Hot Rims(I think) all wheel cleaner. For the paint PwC + Vanilla Moose + EX-P. I`ve come to the conclusion that I need alot more practice to be effecient. I do everything by hand. Although I had no problems with the products. I know I used too much of Poorboy`s. I need to get thinner coats on the paint. Even thick they came off easy although the micros did load up a bit. All three prods. that I used on the paint were easy on easy off. I was going to use EX on my car as it is a dark metallic green. After talking to awd330 she recommended I use the EX-P to bring out the flake so I did. The PwC not only is a good cleaner but the wax gave my car a deep shine. The Vanilla Moose puts the wet in wet. Absolutely one of my favorite prods. so far. The EX-P brought out the flake and brought deep,wet and clarity together. This is an excellent product. Bleche- White is a great tire cleaner. I sprayed it on scrubbed and rinsed off. Meg`s Hot Rims is a good wheel cleaner if the wheels are kept in decent shape. If they have been neglected for a few months I suggest something stronger. I hope to add a couple more coats of EX-P then top with Souveran. Oh yea! I used a gold micro from Adam( Nick) and this too is a quality product. Buffed lightly and the products came off easy even though in spots it was too thick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was Bleche White by Westley`s? Looking for a nice tire cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is by Westley`s.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics

Just pickin.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3:5

Post Thanks / Like
    i use wesleys also... its very good .. its actualyl quite amazing how long the stuff been around and how well it actually cleans the tire black or white its good stuff.
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm I have an issue with Wesley`s. You know when you spray it on you see that brown junk come out of your tires? That stuff it supposed to be there! - (I learned this at a meguiars clinic) - it is some kind of ozone protectant or something like that. Wesley`s (and some others cleaners) take that out!
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick,
    Pics would be nice, but I do have a question.
    I have already clayed, PB PWC & EX-P`d the heck out of my CR-V. (At last count I have 5 layers of EX-P.) I have been using PB S&W & QD+ on a weekly basis to keep the finish up. Can`t tell you how it beads, because here in Tempe, we don`t see a lot of rain and I haven`t actually washed it.
    Can I top all that with Vanilla Moose, or do I need to start again, and if so, how to clean for a fresh start?
    Thanks,
    Norah
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Post Thanks / Like
    REally ?:eek I allways thought the brown stuff was old and left over or old tire wet product. And if you dont clean that brown stuff off the tired look like **** ! megs clinic- where at ? i want to go to one .
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I noticed the brown coming off I just thought it was dirt of some sort.. I`ll try another tire cleaner product and see if brown comes off. I`ve used Bleche-White forever and I`ve never noticed any problems. As for Vanilla Moose over EX-P I wouldn`t do it. Vm is a light polish so it would probably diminish your protection. I think SSR1 or PP will clean your paint sufficiently.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Thread Information