Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 95YJWRANGLER
    Soprano,
    I`ve seen those on TV! Do you know what temp the steam is? I work as a commercial carpet cleaner and I`m just curious about it.

Matt
    I believe its 150-200 degrees.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 95YJWRANGLER
    Soprano,
    I`ve seen those on TV! Do you know what temp the steam is? I work as a commercial carpet cleaner and I`m just curious about it.

Matt
    Water boils at 212 at sea level. So, it`s probably got to be over that to get a good amount of steam going.

My carpet extractor gets water to 180 - 200 degrees and I don`t see much, if any steam coming off it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486
    Water boils at 212 at sea level. So, it`s probably got to be over that to get a good amount of steam going.

My carpet extractor gets water to 180 - 200 degrees and I don`t see much, if any steam coming off it.
    Lol, yeah thats true!!! I got 150-200 from a web page that was selling it because I really didn`t know the exact number. Maybe they mean thats how hot the steam is when it leaves the wand??? I`m really not sure :dunno
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheSopranos16
    Lol, yeah thats true!!! I got 150-200 from a web page that was selling it because I really didn`t know the exact number. Maybe they mean thats how hot the steam is when it leaves the wand??? I`m really not sure :dunno
    It`s possibly that the tempt drops down to that once it gets out of the wand but then you`ll probably also be getting a lot of water drops instead of steam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I would say it looses tempature at the wand. I know when I clean carpet I set the temp. dial at the truck mount at 310F but I only get about 260F at the wand jets.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    CR recommend Oxiclean Active but it wasn`t a automotive carpet test.

I hear Folex is great for stains.

Proud Resident Of Detail City scottabi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of curiosity is the purple tint coming from the Eimann Fabrik not coming out of the carpet all the way...isnt that stuff reddish/dark purple in color? just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
    The other product that really impresses me is one called advanage. That stuff is super cool. It dilutes into anything from glass cleaner to engine degreaser. It is absolutely amazing at everything I have used it for. Stains that I never thought would come out were removed with that stuff. I would prefer to use that all the time. I use Prestone when I run out of Advanage.
    Advantage seems interesting to me, although its pretty expensive. But I guess since you dilute it, its not so bad. Which one of the three do you recomend? Also, does anyone know if this stuff is similar to 303 Aerospace Cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just get the normal clear kind. You get mad dilution ratios for the carpet cleaner. I don`t know what to compare it to since it has kicked butt on all possible applications. It has taken out stains that I never thought were going to come out. I used it in my house almost as much as I used it on cars.

I`ve got a good interior thread somewhere near the top of the detailing forum that shows what the Prestone can do. Check that out if you want to see some good before/after pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

solution

a have a home made cleaner its a 320z spray bottle wit 25% rug doctor (you know the stuff the sell to put in the rentable steam cleaners you see in the super market)a few drops (i mean drops) of colorless tide for foaming power and scent 2 cap fulls simple green and 1 bottle of water . shake . get mats damp spray this on thouroghly , scrub and wash matts (if you dont have a cleaner or extractor) i used this with a heavy duty shop vac starting out and it works so well its amazing . it smells good too and it really does work . try it out .
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information