Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boss_429
    Originally posted by MrC
    Is NTS7 Gloss Shampoo the same as Sonax Gloss Shampoo? They imply it on their site and it says Sonax on the bottle.
    NTS7.com
    Someone else pointed out that NTS7 shampoo before. It may indeed be the replacement for Sonax. Have to do some more checking on that one.

In the meantime, I tried a sample of a shampoo today that may be just the ticket to replace Sonax! However, a little more tesing is required.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Boss, I got to try Sonax Gloss Shampoo last year. It is an excellent car wash and really did seem to impart a bit of gloss. Maybe it was just a placebo effect kind of thing but I got 3 washes out of the sample and I swear it really did gloss the finish.

I haven`t used it since then because I found Eagle One Wet Car Wash to my liking. I think I like the Eagle One even better than my long time favorite, Meg`s Gold Class Wash.

If the Sonax were available locally and at a reasonable price I would definetely use it. Until then, the Eagle One fills the bill nicely.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by edschwab1
    What is the BMW part #?

How does the wash compare to P21s wash? Besides color and smell.

Eric
    The bar code on the BMW bottle is 83 12 0 004 826.

I have not tried the P21S wash, so I can`t comment on their similarities.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried two shampoo comparison tests this weekend. A slightly dirty car received a BMW vs. Sonax vs. 4* UAW treatment, while a moderately dirty vehicle received a BMW vs. Sonax vs. Meg`s Gold Class test.

Of the 4 shampoos, I liked the BMW one the best. It was the slickest of them all, had nice sudsing action, and rinsed very cleanly. Sonax Gloss came in second with equal clean rinsing ability, almost as much slickness, but very few suds (this is not necessarily a bad thing). Besides being a nicer shampoo (IMHO), the BMW wash is a bargain compared to the Sonax Gloss. Of course, more trials are needed to gauge the long term effects of each shampoo. Will one strip wax faster than the other? :dunno

Now, I just need to get my hands on some of that prototype Poorboy`s super slick wash............

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometime this week I`ll do a side by side using the Sonax vs. the BMW (awd330 and I swapped). I`ll give you my findings(opinion) when I do. If I agree with awd330`s findings my desire for more Sonax Gloss Shampoo is over.
    "I`m staying out of it."

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330

Of the 4 shampoos, I liked the BMW one the best. It was the slickest of them all, had nice sudsing action, and rinsed very cleanly. Sonax Gloss came in second with equal clean rinsing ability, almost as much slickness, but very few suds (this is not necessarily a bad thing). Besides being a nicer shampoo (IMHO), the BMW wash is a bargain compared to the Sonax Gloss. Of course, more trials are needed to gauge the long term effects of each shampoo. Will one strip wax faster than the other? :dunno

Now, I just need to get my hands on some of that prototype Poorboy`s super slick wash............
    I noticed the BMW autowash also leaves a nice gloss on the car after washing, very apparent on my steel blue paint Cheap and good
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by awd330

Of the 4 shampoos, I liked the BMW one the best.

Very interesting Marj............. a car wash slicker than Sonax............. I`m all for that!

I will be waiting to hear your thoughts of the BMW shampoo vs Poorboy`s high lube wash!

Post Thanks / Like
    The BMW wash looks alot like JOHNSON BABY SHAMPOO ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Someone else pointed out that NTS7 shampoo before. It may indeed be the replacement for Sonax. Have to do some more checking on that one.

In the meantime, I tried a sample of a shampoo today that may be just the ticket to replace Sonax! However, a little more tesing is required.
    NTS7 maybe sonax, but according to a thread on autopia their wash is not Gloss Shampoo.

AWD330,
    Thanks for the part #. I should have check DC before going to BMW for Drive for the Cure today.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed Sonax and this was their response to NTS7 being Sonax:

Thank you very much for your enquiry on SONAX Gloss Shampoo.
    It is true, SONAX is being marketed under the brand "NTS 7" in the
    U.S. now - with four SONAX top quality products:

- NTS 7 Liquid Shield" - a high tech liquid hard wax based on Nano
    technology that is definitely worth trying
    - NTS7 Car Wash Shampoo (= SONAX Gloss Shampoo Concentrate)
    - NTS7 Windshield Cleaner and
    - NTS7 Wet & Dry Wipes.

At the time being, the products are sold through DRTV on SPEED Channel,
    Discovery, Outdoor Life and SPIKE.
    For further information on availability you might be contacted by our
    U.S. partner.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got a chance to do a side by with my favorite shampoo Sonax Gloss and BMW (thanx awd330). My car hasn`t been washed in 2 weeks(sorry but I`ve had to attend family matters). In my unscientific scientific test I poured an ounce and a half in two 5 gallon buckets. I then blasted them with a JET stream of water. The BMW sudsed up better and lasted longer. I believe the BMW was a little slicker(this impressed me the most) until now Sonax was the slickest I`ve used. I thought I felt more drag on my micro when I was pulling it across the hood( I did this for test purposes only) They both rinsed off equally as well as the water sheeted off of each side of the car. The end result is I will go to a BMW dealer and purchase their carwash and stop hunting for Sonax Gloss Shampoo on the net. I`m getting off the computer now so I can wipe off the EX-P which has been baking for well over an hour.
    Last edited by rabbi; 08-22-2004 at 04:25 AM.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Boss_429
    OK, OK.................. I`ll get the BMW shampoo already!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t stock up on too much of the BMW shampoo. The PB wash looks like it might be better than the BMW or Sonax Gloss. Gotta wait for the production version to say for sure though.

Boss_429
    OK, OK................. I won`t get the BMW shampoo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information