Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I am new here...whats ur take on Klasse Twin?

Also, any hints and tips to make the best out of the Twin?

Post Thanks / Like
    great products - for the twins - both of them are wipe on wipe off - start with AIO working in 2x2 sections then a layer of SG - then you can layer more SG as you like waiting 24 hours between layers
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that they are great but if you have a car that has a lot of swrils its not going to take them off.

If you have not got them yet you should look at Poorboys polish with carnuba and his sealant. Much better price and the results by hand are impressive!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Beemerboy, however I also use AIO as a base with Poorboy products as they work great together. Especially in the winter season as the twins are known for great durability.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try it after I finish my 1 litter of AIO and SG, I guess.. but do any of you have any tips and tricks on how to get better result and the applying and removing of the products? I heard some said AIO can be apply on wet cars, some said need to be dry.....any hints?

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome
    AIO and SG thin coats....SG use a lightly wet MF to take it off, one of the tougher products to take off paint..I also use a moist pad to apply , if I am using by PC I will spay alittle QD on the pad...
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the new SG was wipe on wipe off like aio?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Also do anyone knows about the suggestions about using AIO as a wash?

Post Thanks / Like
    Some folks use a capful of AIO with their carwash. I have not tried it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO wouldn`t make a good wash. The reason is because its not going to dilute in the water. Its going to drop straight to the bottom. Its not a product that can be used as a shortcut to doing it right. Just wash the car and apply it like normal. Mixing it in the car wash is a waste of product because it is not going to do a thing except sit on the bottom of the bucket.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with what bretfraz said in this thread (Click here). The bottom line is that even if AIO did work as a car wash or a QD... its not worth it really. It would cost you much less to just buy a good wash that is already meant to do what you are trying to get out of AIO.

I`m trying to figure out what putting AIO in the wash would accomplish. Even if it did dilute evenly throughout the bucket, you would need to put a lot of it in there for it to even do anything. It would be a streaking mess. Ever tried to buff wet AIO off? All it does is smear all over the car. AIO has to be dry before it will buff off. Mixing it in any water would just make it harder for you to do your job. I think its a bad idea. It may be true that the wash of the future will be a polymer wash, but I`ll bet anything that they aren`t just going to grab a bottle of SG and mix it with some soap to do it. There is a little bit more science involved than that. Trust me, I know. Mullet Wax Awesome Car Wash had carnauba in it. We didn`t just pour car wax into the blender and churn it up. There are proper ratios to consider.

I would like to try a polymer shampoo on my mullet someday before my hair falls out.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to try a carwash with polymers try Einszett Perls shampoo. My favorite carwash. It leaves the car looking as if you just used QD.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trust me, I know !!

Originally posted by detaled by hans
    Is this a slam on me for suggesting something ?
    Yeah... you are right hans. I was slamming you for suggesting something. That`s just the sort of thing I do all the time around here. With a mullet like mine I`m too smooth to be slamming people.

Are you a little sensitive today or something? I was responding to the title of the thread. I don`t really care if you agree with me or not. I wasn`t disagreeing with you. I was responding to the thread. :chill

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down SG

Originally posted by groebuck
    I thought the new SG was wipe on wipe off like aio?
    There`s no "new" SG forumula although there should be.

SG is difficult (finicky) in humid climates no matter what technique you use to remove it, including WOO, or using a QD to remove it.

I`ll always own AIO, but will never purchase SG again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think SG is easy to use. I just wait the 45 minutes to take it off and use a damp MF followed by a dry MF. Piece of cake. I use it in the winter because it is way more durable than anything else on my shelf. I need that for the winters around here.

I`ll admit that SG is tricky to get the hang of, but once you do it is pretty easy to use. You just gotta figure out how it works best for you. For me it is applying it by hand in a really thin layer and then letting it dry for 45 minutes before using the two towel method to take it off. Works every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information