Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    I use Trim restorer on my exterior trim and 303 on interior and exterior trim...I use them both...
    jeff
    What I`m worried about is, we`ve been getting quite a bit of rain this few weeks, will the rain wash it away and leave stains since it`s water soluble?

Thanks
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rain did not wash it all away,
    I used it on two different trims.
    1. Had Wax buildup on it
    2. The other was perfect trim.

Trim restorer work`d on the wax`d trim for about 3 weeks...then i saw some of the wax coming back, I may not have applied it correctly...I want to test it some more.

2. Perfect trim
    I may have put too much product on when i saw it drip down the door (the next day), I Qd`d the door and trim and door were fine. And they look`d fine for a few months...
    jeff

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff,I do have some wax build up as well and what I had used previously only covered that up and after the rain, those wax becomes visible again, I guess I have to use some sort of brush/soft toothbrush to brush em off my grainy trim when I get the TR.

The rain did not wash it all away,
    I used it on two different trims.
    1. Had Wax buildup on it
    2. The other was perfect trim.

Trim restorer work`d on the wax`d trim for about 3 weeks...then i saw some of the wax coming back, I may not have applied it correctly...I want to test it some more.

jeff
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Wax Blaster from PAC and got all my Wax build up off the trim ..then I use`d Poorboys trim retorer and it has last`d 2 to three months..you have to get rid of the wax build up...Poorboy knows another way to get rid of wax build up on trim
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    ...Poorboy knows another way to get rid of wax build up on trim
    Steve, wanna share this other way???

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, I think Steve said use TR with a toothbrush and that would help get into the grain better than a sponge or cloth. This way, it cleans out the wax, as opposed to just hiding it.
    I`ve used it too. Used it on a 1987 Merc Tracer (gray bumpers and side door guards). The car is outside mostly, and the gray was looking white-ish. Back to Black had been used in the past, and it worked well too, but not permanent, and it hadn`t been applied for a couple years (nor any protectant!). I ended up using about an ounce, ounce and a half, for everything (and that was applying 4 coats in some areas (horizontal surfaces). One thing I noticed, though, was that it seems to separate very quickly (you can see sediment at the bottom). By quickly, I mean that if you pour some on a cloth, then put the bottle down, apply the TR, then go back to the bottle, you`ll already see some separation. Basically, I guess just make sure you keep shaking it well.
    I`m pretty happy with it, so was the owner of the Tracer! It`s lasted over a month so far.
    As to the BNB, I found that it works well on brake dust too. As it`s a cleaner too, I decided to try it on some brown tires that had a foaming spray of some sort applied previously. The tires were dry ( car wasn`t washed first) and I was shocked at how much cr@p came off the tires, considering that I didn`t scrub, and I was using only a face cloth (It was a spur of the moment demo, ok?) (that`s how I found out about it working on brake dust too.). The whitewalls (yes, whitewalls) came up really white and the black part was a nice dark black! I didn`t apply more after wiping, so it ended up a black matte finish. Nice, I think.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always just used a toothbrush and some general purpose cleaner to remove wax on trim, takes a lil elbow grease but it works good unless it has been on for quite some time.
    Dealership employee, I HATE SALESMAN!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information