Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah thats a good point. And I`m all for having my vehicle look its best, but there are limits! I don`t want to end up spending more time waxing it than driving it. From what everyone is saying it sounds like it all comes down to WG and UPP as being the best choices. I hope I don`t get them both, I already have so much car wax!
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as sealants, I`ve used UPP, Blackfire (1 and 2), Liquid Glass (an early experiment), and recently, Wolfgang. UPP has given me the best results of these products. I experienced some spotting after a rain with Wolfgang that was worse than with other sealants. I have no experience with the Poorboys products so I can`t rate them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got and use... WG`s, EX and UPP. I like them all and until I do the wife`s car`s hood with half of one and half of another, I won`t know about durability between them. I like the look of them all. I posted in one thread that I put UPP or WG on my red truck, couple coats, think it`s UPP right now, then I topped it with EX and then liquid souveran. I like the liquid souveran look. I only do the wax in the warmer months. Once I`ve gotten a few coats of sealant on, then I figure as often as I will wax it through the summer, I don`t need to worry about not putting another coat of sealant on it. Don`t bother with wax in the winter as any chance I get to wash it and coat it with something, I want that something to be a sealant.

For me, on a weekend, I can`t wash the thing and then walk away from it - I have to at least wax it, PlastX the lights, treat the trim in almost all cases unless I don`t have the time and so on. Just a wash leaves me feeling like I`ve been cheated somehow!

I think you will like any of the sealants you are considering. If you are like most of us - you`ll try all three!! lol
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by keeotee
    I think you will like any of the sealants you are considering. If you are like most of us - you`ll try all three!! lol
    LOL most likely. I just ordered UPP today along with the quick detail spray. I`m a huge fan of detail sprays; I love spraying the car down after a wash, it really makes the car look just waxed and also gets rid of any remaining streaks or water spots. From what everyone says, I was considering all great products, so hopefully I`ll be happy with the UPP. Right now I have BLACKFIRE on the car, but when my UPP arrives, I`ll have to give it a shot at the title. Any suggestions on application? Should I just polish with my PC and then apply like with any other wax or would it be better to use AIO instead of a normal polish like 3M or Menzerna?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information