Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Reload Problems

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reload Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Thank you for the laugh
    You`re welcome, I have a small sample bottle of Reload that I`m afraid to use now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You`re welcome, I have a small sample bottle of Reload that I`m afraid to use now
    IMHO

light car fine, dark car beware.

But then again, I`m just a hack so what do I know..............
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t let it bug you Ron. We all know you got skills. Once I get a whiff of anyone having any problem with any product - I know it`s not for me. Yr not the only one who is having this issue...In fact, the formula has now been revised once again with another version.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Don`t let it bug you Ron. We all know you got skills. Once I get a whiff of anyone having any problem with any product - I know it`s not for me. Yr not the only one who is having this issue...In fact, the formula has now been revised once again with another version.
    Yeah, thank you !!!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mebbe they can make a new version that`s Ron (hack) proof

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, You are not the only one and we know your not a hack. Just a wax waster which is okay by me. I have had some very minor smearing issue before but for me it was user & conditions. Super hot and muggy while not applying and removing properly. For me though it wasn`t this bad and a quick wash seemed to fix the issues.

Honestly as much as I do like Reload with CQUK there isn`t much of a use for it other than to add slickness. And for that I have been using UWWP and FK425. Speaking of: Do you have any UWWP that you could do a wipe down on a fender to see if it helps? For you in the area you really just need a post wash QD that plays nice with CQUK IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Ron, You are not the only one and we know your not a hack. Just a wax water which is okay by me. I have had some very minor smearing issue before but for me it was user & conditions. Super hot and muggy while not applying and removing properly. For me though it wasn`t this bad and a quick wash seemed to fix the issues.

Honestly as much as I do like Reload with CQUK there isn`t much of a use for it other than to add slickness. And for that I have been using UWWP and FK425. Speaking of: Do you have any UWWP that you could do a wipe down on a fender to see if it helps? For you in the area you really just need a post wash QD that plays nice with CQUK IMO.

Thanks Troy. "super hot and muggy"........... hmmmmmmm

So it`s either gotta be sun friendly or garage time. Or 6am for me
    It does work as a drying aid, but a $35.oo I really don`t need.

I was more bent out of shape at the way it was approached, I knew I was going to have to polish it off. But Ang, Steve and I had that car looking incredible.

But simple fact is that I am not the only one who has had the problem.

User error = probably
    User friendly = no

I really appreciate the help Troy, and Thank you.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

wow...subscribed. I got a smear from reload along the lines of a rainbow color that only came off with polish....thinking of moving to Hydro2...just delivered today for my wheels
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I assume this is what, a 2014 Stingray we have here? And I would also assume the finish is totally swirl free.

As others, and I have suggested, we all seemed to be leaning towards not resorting to any polish, no matter how mild. But should lesser tactics prove lacking, then polishing it might have to be?

Again, if it were me in your situation, I would be looking to put that Pot of Synergy to good use. Who knows, you might have a total turnaround "wow" moment, and not have to adversely effect the coating products underneath which I`m sure you worked hard at to apply.

I await with interest for this newest version (v2) which is now available through Corey (Cee Dog-Carpro) and how this one works. It`s a product, provided it becomes bug free, that I myself would like continuing to use in the future.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    I assume this is what, a 2014 Stingray we have here? And I would also assume the finish is totally swirl free.

As others, and I have suggested, we all seemed to be leaning towards not resorting to any polish, no matter how mild. But should lesser tactics prove lacking, then polishing it might have to be?

Again, if it were me in your situation, I would be looking to put that Pot of Synergy to good use. Who knows, you might have a total turnaround "wow" moment, and not have to adversely effect the coating products underneath which I`m sure you worked hard at to apply.

I await with interest for this newest version (v2) which is now available through Corey (Cee Dog-Carpro) and how this one works. It`s a product, provided it becomes bug free, that I myself would like continuing to use in the future.
    Mark
    Yep
    Yep

Yeah, I would say the finish was all but flawless....

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ar-fl-sun.html

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, just came to me, another case of the black car blues.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Ha, just came to me, another case of the black car blues.
    OW

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful car, and I did read through much of your linked thread of what you`ve previously done. CQ UK is the base protectant. I`m sure you don`t want to polish that off if you can help it.

Not to insult, but personally I`ve owned 2 black vehicles in my life, `80 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle, and `94 Lincoln Town Car Sig Series. As anyone who has ever owned a black vehicle knows, they are PITA`s to keep looking nice. When I owned the Lincoln, I cannot tell you how many weekends were eaten up by detailing it. Every time I washed it, you swore I wiped it down with a Green 3M Scotchbrite Pad.

Not perhaps pertinent to your issues, but a few days ago I did use a bit of the older Reload on the back of my Kia just for kicks.

I wished to redo the painting of the Spectra lettering which was pretty much just bare plastic, and with artist`s brush and a bottle of Gold Testors Model Paint re-did the lettering.

Colly #845 was on it, I wiped all the lettering with 70% IPA, then wiped the rest of the rear Hatch with CP Eraser. First trying a little bit of CQ UK which I had left, no dice, the solvents in UK were removing the paint on the lettering instantly, so I stopped, re-did the one monkeyed Letter, waited a day, then applied Reload 2013.

Since it`s water based, it played no havoc with the Testors Paint, and the application of Reload was flawless, no streaking, hazing-films, no oiliness.

Not sure just how much ability Eraser had to remove #845, but I suspect probably very little. Still, with this oddball unorthodox mixture of products, no issues noted.

Not sure if you mentioned it, or if anyone asked, but I would guess you washed the Vette prior to the Reload application. What was it, and you sure you got all residues off?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had a dozen black vehicles. Keep swearing "never again".......

Um, yeah

Yeah I had just washed it with reset

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`ve had a dozen black vehicles. Keep swearing "never again".......

Um, yeah

Yeah I had just washed it with reset
    Well, that`s the shampoo that is said to be the product to use with the Carpro Goodies. I understand Reset has nothing in the way of gloss enhancers-products to hinder the Coating`s properties.

I have a sample bottle that Corey sent once, and then bought a full liter from AG but have yet to use it. I probably will use it sometime next week, the Tahoe will be going in for a front end alignment, been wishing to have it done since the new 22" wheels, and Nitto Tires were installed a couple months back.

Although no garage, the Tahoe could be called a "garage queen", I don`t think I`ve put 50 miles on the new tires yet. Nor have I washed since the CQUK application. It`s always covered with the Covercraft NOAH cover.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information