Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Reload Problems

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reload Problems

Ron ....best way to apply reload ...use 2 microfiber towels. ...spray reload on one towel and immediately wipe off with other towel.....don`t dilute it....no need to do that
    Wendell Jarvis
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond, KY.
    859-248-2835

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    Ron ....best way to apply reload ...use 2 microfiber towels. ...spray reload on one towel and immediately wipe off with other towel.....don`t dilute it....no need to do that
    That`s how I did the first one (actually light spry panel, wipe, wipe with 2nd)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Reload Problems

Coatings are actually making detailing more complicated and adding more headaches. First you have to deal with the difficulties of trying to get every gram of silicone or previous LSP off every surface of the entire car - good luck there.

IME this is harder than it seems - and is probably the reason for most coating failures. Then you have to deal with trying to get high spots leveled and the coating has to be viewed in all types of lights at all types of angles. This is probably reason # 2 for failures - people use minuscule amount of product so they don`t have too many high spots. Applying any coating outside is tedious at best.

Then you have to by special soaps and special "maintenance products" that are hard to use and leave smears that can`t just be wiped away. None of the "maintenance products" work anywhere near well when used in any type of sun or anywhere warm.

After all this - you keep your fingers crossed hoping to get most of the lifespan the coating manufacturer claims. Then, if you have to polish a panel - you better have some of that coating left to re-coat it - and hope it hasn`t dried up or turned to glass.

We all know it hasn`t panned out that coatings do squat to prevent marring.

Dunno. I`m for the most part sticking with high quality waxes and sealants that are enjoyable to use, easily renewable / re-applicable, and simple to apply.

No headaches and I can just hit them with some Sonax BSD after a wash to get beading that rivals any coating.

Happy Coating Everyone.
    Likes jmb3466 liked this post
    Thanks Dan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Coatings are actually making detailing more complicated and adding more headaches. First you have to deal with the difficulties of trying to get every gram of silicone or previous LSP off every surface of the entire car - good luck there.

IME this is harder than it seems - and is probably the reason for most coating failures. Then you have to deal with trying to get high spots leveled and the coating has to be viewed in all types of lights at all types of angles. This is probably reason # 2 for failures - people use minuscule amount of product so they don`t have too many high spots. Applying any coating outside is tedious at best.

Then you have to by special soaps and special "maintenance products" that are hard to use and leave smears that can`t just be wiped away. None of the "maintenance products" work anywhere near well when used in any type of sun or anywhere warm.

After all this - you keep your fingers crossed hoping to get most of the lifespan the coating manufacturer claims. Then, if you have to polish a panel - you better have some of that coating left to re-coat it - and hope it hasn`t dried up or turned to glass.

We all know it hasn`t panned out that coatings do squat to prevent marring.

Dunno. I`m for the most part sticking with high quality waxes and sealants that are enjoyable to use, easily renewable / re-applicable, and simple to apply.

No headaches and I can just hit them with some Sonax BSD after a wash to get beading that rivals any coating.

Happy Coating Everyone.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ron.....what`s the date on the bottom of the bottle
    Wendell Jarvis
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond, KY.
    859-248-2835

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`m wondering if maybe the solvent content of colli, but then I also hit my car before this with both ipa and eraser ??
    I`d have to rewind my "mental tapes", or re-read what I did after Reload 2014 application as I was in the recent convo with Corey at Carpro about the issue I noted with the newer Reload Formula.

And if memory serves me correctly, I did try CP Eraser afterwards to no effect of removing the smeary holograms.

I`m certainly no lab chemist, and it is basically unknown what component in such a formulation would cause such difficulties, or if such is caused by other factors such as weather-temps-humidity-etc?

And also, since Reload is quite a durable product, and collinite contains no cleaners, the Reload I previously applied may still indeed be hard at work, just layered underneath the #845 LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    Ron.....what`s the date on the bottom of the bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Now the batch formula date on my older Reload is 07-03-14 and I`ve had no problems with this 400ml bottle. (White in color and bought from Corey-Carpro)

But I had to send back two 500ml of the lastest Reload v2014 to AG for refund, just was too hard dealing with.

I did look back upon my posts at Carpro Forum just now, what I wrote-said that I did do an Eraser wipe down prior to applying the Reload but not after, only a wash with DG901 Shampoo.
    Not sure if Carpro Reset would`ve made any difference in removing the oiliness-smearing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Now the batch formula date on my older Reload is 07-03-14 and I`ve had no problems with this 400ml bottle. (White in color and bought from Core-Carpro)

But I had to send back two 500ml of the lastest Reload v2014 to AG for refund, just was too hard dealing with.

I did look back upon my posts at Carpro Forum just now, what I wrote-said that I did do an Eraser wipe down prior to applying the Reload but not after, only a wash with DG901 Shampoo.
    Not sure if Carpro Reset would`ve made any difference in removing the oiliness-smearing?
    Used reset
    used pb sss
    used cg citrus clear
    used dg 901

I`m sittin with 2 bottles orig, 2 bottles 2014

AND A MESS OF A CAR

Post Thanks / Like

Now the batch formula date on my older Reload is 07-03-14 and I`ve had no problems with this 400ml bottle. (White in color and bought from Corey-Carpro)

Some people have problems. Some don`t. Seems like a crap shoot. If Ron is having issues - the stuff ain`t right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Some people have problems. Some don`t. Seems like a crap shoot. If Ron is having issues - the stuff ain`t right.
    Thanks

Mebbe I ain`t right

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Mebbe I ain`t right
    Now you got me thinking of Joe Pesci in the Goodfellas "Spider Scene", "I thought I thought you were alright"?

"I am alright, you`re not alright", the Oklahoma Kid, Bang! LOL

Maybe try one of those Pastes you have on hand on a fender, see what happens? Surely won`t hurt anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Now you got me thinking of Joe Pesci in the Goodfellas "Spider Scene", "I thought I thought you were alright"?

"I am alright, you`re not alright", the Oklahoma Kid, Bang! LOL

Maybe try one of those Pastes you have on hand on a fender, see what happens? Surely won`t hurt anything.
    Or Joe Pesci in the Christmas movie when both crooks looked at each other

I may, just really, really, really demoralized.

I`m entered in a Vette show at Disney (end of nov) and really didn`t want to have to do car.

Post Thanks / Like

Or Joe Pesci in the Christmas movie when both crooks looked at each other

I may, just really, really, really demoralized.

I`m entered in a Vette show at Disney (end of nov) and really didn`t want to have to do car.
    That`s a long ways off, and in SW Fla, you should be able to get a decent day between now and then to re-do the ride.

My major useage of my older Reload Formula was on my White Tahoe one hour after a CQ UK application.

Yes, white, it becomes harder I know, to see any anomalies, but I did fully check under bright halogens, and sunlight, it seemed the Reload soaked into the UK finish like a sponge soaking water, went right on lickety split, smooth, not a streak, smear, high spot, nada. Just perfect from UK Application to the final Reload wipedown.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s a long ways off, and in SW Fla, you should be able to get a decent day between now and then to re-do the ride.
    Yep
    Just old, fat and lazy. And hoped coatings were the answer.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information