Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a former Zaino user and I now use Poorboys EX-P.

The Poorboys sealant is easier to apply and lasts just as long. I think the shine is better than Zaino and it`s every bit as slick. It`s also less expensive.

I now use all of Poorboys products and I buy my Spray & Wipe in 5 gallon jugs....and I`m not a commercial user.

Poorboys products all work as well or better than anything else on the market, are reasonably priced and customer service is unmatched.

That has been my experience.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ever used Einszett Glanz wax or any of their products? How do they fair agaist Poorboys and Zaino?
    Dealership employee, I HATE SALESMAN!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Einszett Glanz is surely on par with these for longevity and is one of the easiest to use.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 ZGlanz looked beautiful on a bluish gray metallic. Can`t complain about the longevity either.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Glanz Wax provides a very bright and glossy finish. In my experience with lighter color metallics, it`s brighter than EX, EX-P, SG, or UPP but doesn`t have much depth. As with many clear sealants, it has a tendency to highlight surface imperfections, so it`s important to prep the finish well. Glanz Wax is very easy to apply and remove once you get used to the product`s thin liquid consistency. It`s about as thin as lighter fluid, and unfortunately smells just as bad. As I am fairly sensitive to chemical fumes, I actually cannot use the product for longer than a few minutes at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK --- I`ll at least mention it --- NXT.

I have applied NXT to my black Dodge Hemi and it is holding up very well. I drive on 10 miles of dusty gravel roads every day. I does not attract all that much dust. I wash my truck with Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Car Wash and dry it with waffle weave microfiber towels. I notice no streaking after a wash. I have quit using a QD and have had less problems with dust.

I have not had a problem with swirls or micromarring with the NXT.

NXT has a lot of hype behind it but the darned stuff seems to work

Tom :cool
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Sooooie
    Maybe I`ll try Menzerna, Liquid Glass, Klasse or one of the others suggested. The problem of course is the lack of consensus, so what do I buy if I don`t buy them all? I have Zaino and Blackfire at home. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
    I don`t think you`ll ever find a consensus on which protectant is best. That topic will always be open for debate. But, in your original post you said you wanted a product that is both long lasting and easy to clean. Again, I would say Zaino is best for long lasting and, from my experience, FMJ is great for easy cleaning. Zaino is definately not as good for easy cleaning. I found that road salt and other contaminents would stick to the paint and be difficult to remove when I had Zaino on there. But with FMJ, the car cleaned up with easy. I recently buffed my car and put 2 coats of Blackfire on there. I don`t know how easy it is to clean because I havn`t had to wash it yet. I`ll let you know in a few days when it gets dirty. Ive also never tried any of poorboys poducts, but from what I hear they are great too.

Post Thanks / Like
    have worked at auto dealerships......the dealership uses Simoniz System 5...and is the only company that has authorization to used Teflon with their products...the dealer says that once the sealant is applied, it keeps on curing, which creats a bond...some claim that in order for Teflon to bond, it must be heated to very extremely temperature...but I suppose, is Dupont for the sake of making a few dollars allowing Simoniz to use a mixture of their material and for them to get a bad rap? Many companies out there claim to have Teflon with their sealant....Per my response on my email to Dupont, indeed they responded that Simoniz is the only exclusive company in the USA and Canada in which they have an agreement with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information