Post Thanks / Like

A Tire Has Never Looked This Good! BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Shine REVIEW

I used BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Shine on a dull tire. This product darkens and conditions the rubber to give it the new tire look.

Spray a good amount of BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Shine onto the applicator. More is needed for the first application since the applicator is dry.

Rub the applicator well onto the tire and make sure you keep the applicator damp with BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Shine.

Wipe off the excess with a microfiber towel. If you want additional gloss then apply a second coat.

I prefer additional gloss, it just gives a car that wow factor! BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Shine is water-based and protects the tire and doesn`t turn the tire brown. Also the tire shine does not attract dirt. It dries quickly and doesn`t sling.

Links to Products
    BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Dressing Shine
    Blue All Purpose Microfiber Towels

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tire Has Never Looked This Good! BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Shine REVIEW

Not bad. Update on longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tire Has Never Looked This Good! BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Shine REVIEW

I like the BF line but this is one product I just did not care for. I did the same application and my results were as if I never put on the dressing in the first place
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    I like the BF line but this is one product I just did not care for. I did the same application and my results were as if I never put on the dressing in the first place
    really Ev? I have had some luck with this product, someone sent me a sample once. I have noticed that some tires I have worked on(you`ve undoubtedly worked on more) some gels just don`t play right. Perhaps this was the issue? I know optioned was weird on my thew tires, which bummed me out it was fine on my old Goodyears.
    The name`s Chris! Hi! - Chris` Auto Detailing, Pasadena, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of this product, but the longevity blows. I only got about a week out of it, and that was if it didn`t rain. If it rained, it looked like I hadn`t applied anything to the tire. BF tire gel is a much better choice, in my opinion.
    Shane

2016 Honda Civic EX-T in Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I just got a sample of the tire gel version.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the gel, better deal.....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for sharing , I use the Gel version myself , is it different !

Post Thanks / Like

I love the gel version and think the longjevity is just fine. Depens on the weather as to how long mine lasts.
    I am living proof that Organ Donation Saves lives.
    3-25-11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shane731 View Post
    I like the looks of this product, but the longevity blows. I only got about a week out of it, and that was if it didn`t rain. If it rained, it looked like I hadn`t applied anything to the tire. BF tire gel is a much better choice, in my opinion.
    Interesting Shane....

Did you try it on other tires? Or just your tires? Maybe you should have posted a review on it so we could all see it?

Saying something "blows" is pretty bold, particularly with tire dressings, unless you have tried it on many different types of rubber. Different products react very differently to different rubber compounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Jesse. If you were here when the "old BF tire dressing" was around, it would have knocked your socks off. Fortunately I still have a few gallons left....... Thanks to Nick!!! :props:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    really Ev? I have had some luck with this product, someone sent me a sample once. I have noticed that some tires I have worked on(you`ve undoubtedly worked on more) some gels just don`t play right. Perhaps this was the issue? I know optioned was weird on my thew tires, which bummed me out it was fine on my old Goodyears.
    Good point Chris it may have been the tires. Maybe another go is in order.
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback, I found that putting another coat on the tires and little bit more elbow grease helped the product penetrate better into the tire for a longer lasting shine.

Thread Information