Post Thanks / Like

45 foot Race Trailer 2 1/2 day detail....CG Citrus Wash, Hydro2 and Mothers Chrome Polish/ 1 step correction

I was contacted by this customer through a referral, after setting up a appointment to give a evaluation and condition of trailer`s paint and discuss options with bearing in mind his budget, we both agreed on pricing and instead of doing a 2 or 3 step correction we agreed on a one step, followed up with locking in the correction with Carpro Hydro2.
    This was a long 2 1/2 day project that left my arms feeling like wet noodles after day 2....Here are the Products that I want to highlight and put emphases on
    Chemical Guys Citrus Wash ...this was a idea product for a big project like this, with a dilution ratio 1 cap to 5 gallons of water...I used the MTM Hydro Professional Foam Lance with Troy Built 2800 psi pressure washer...
    This product helps to remove any loose dirt and built up grime and left over wax.
    Carpro Hydro2.....the perfect product for quick and amazing results that is easy to apply with protection up to 3 months and a gloss that is comparable to a carnuba wax. Easiest product I have ever used with the end result being amazing gloss.
    Mothers Chrome Polish.....I have tried allot of chrome polishes but between Never-Dull and Mothers these are my go to choices. It deep cleans chrome and brightens chrome using advanced polymers to help against finger prints, water spotting,rust and corrosion,,,,it will not streak or smear.....excellent product.

Tools that were used Makita 9227 and Flex 3401 ..LC CCS Pads, Menzerna SF4000 Super Finish allot of pads and microfiber towels !!!!!
    On to some pictures of the stages of this detail beginning with the condition of the trailer before.....

Noticed how cloudy and hazy the paint is, I knew this would require some serious work to remove and consideration of the size of the trailer...Here are some before pictures

Here is CG Citrus Wash being applied and dwelling for about 5-10 minutes before hand washing.

Here is the results after washing and drying

Here is pics of Test Spots ensuring I am getting the results I am after, need to bear in mind too, that trailer paint is not as this a vehicle paint so start least aggressive and bump up if necessary.
    Sometimes you don`t have to think outside the box, in this case think inside the box....just a little humor !!

Day 2 ....after applying Carpro Hydro2 and all chrome polished and rims also tires were dressed with Opti-Bond

Here are the pictures of the end results...

Although this was a 2 1/2 day project the thing that I want to leave you with is....To work smarter,not harder and you can achieve this through Product knowledge, knowing what the products that you are using are capable of and the results. This could have easily been a 3 or 4 day job, but through product knowledge and the right tools you can cut your work time in half......until next time.....Have fun and make it Shine !!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 45 foot Race Trailer 2 1/2 day detail....CG Citrus Wash, Hydro2 and Mothers Chrome Polish/ 1 step correction

Great work!!! Don`t think I have it in me to tackle that job!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 45 foot Race Trailer 2 1/2 day detail....CG Citrus Wash, Hydro2 and Mothers Chrome Polish/ 1 step correction

Wow. The color is much darker now. Great work! Hydro2 for the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good from 20`

Post Thanks / Like

wow, at least the panels were flat. 100 % better than before.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job! Great turn around! Is the paint real thin? Last one I did only had about 3 mills of paint on it. I am going to have to try the Hydro2.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...what a job !!!! The turnaround is amazing.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! That is a ton of surface to cover! Well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas

Post Thanks / Like

WOW !!!!!

Test spots and before and after tell a HUGE story

Could you imagine if hydro or similar wasn`t available.......... how much longer it would have taken.. Even a wowa would make ya sore.

Hope you had a fist full of advil
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    WOW !!!!!

Test spots and before and after tell a HUGE story

Could you imagine if hydro or similar wasn`t available.......... how much longer it would have taken.. Even a wowa would make ya sore.

Hope you had a fist full of advil
    I agree. .without Hydro2. .that would have easily made it a 3 1/2 to a 4 day detail....know your products...it pays off...thanks for the compliment

Thread Information