Post Thanks / Like

Surf City Garage Professional (APC, Shampoo, Wheel Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Detail Spray)

To start off, I began with Adam`s products and while I still use some of them I have been trying many other brands to find products that work the same or better for less. When Dylan from Adam`s moved to SCG, I just had to try the Pro line that he worked on.

To begin, here are some pictures of the dirty 2011 VW Routan I was working on after a 1000 mile road trip.

First, I diluted the APC 1:4 as recommended for heavy cleaning for things such as tires. While not important to its performance, I believe the scent is cinnamon, but if that`s what it is or not, it`s not that great. However, we`re here to use the products, not smell them. It also worked very well at this dilution for cleaning trim. Outside of those two applications, I really don`t use APC much, so I can`t comment further on its performance.

I had it diluted in a generic spray bottle with an Adam`s foaming sprayer.

As you can see, it foams well and began to turn brown on its own almost immediately.

Here it is agitated:

Overall, it did a great job. However, in the next set of pictures, you will see that the tire is not black, but it is clean. I believe something else was causing the discoloration because the dressing I applied afterwards had no issues bonding.

Now onto the active wheel cleaner. The wheels were first cleaned with Chemical Guys Diablo because I believe it is a waste to use color changing wheel cleaners on brake dust that is not embedded.

One more before picture, but after Diablo.

Here it is sprayed onto the wheel. It is a very bright yellow that turns purple as it reacts to the iron particles. It has a cherry scent and is honestly not that bad smelling.

Beginning to change color. Where it does not change color, is something grease based that is on the wheel. It really needs to be clayed to remove that.

I also tried it on the tires but it didn`t do much.

Agitated:

All clean:

As a comparison, I tried using Sonax FE on the other side:

It smells awful and turns clear quickly making it hard to see where it was sprayed.

Only a very mild color change:

After agitation and rinse:

I then went back to the Sonax wheel with SCG active wheel cleaner, and the SCG found a lot more that Sonax left behind.

Now that the wheels were cleaned, it was time to move onto a 2 bucket wash with SCG Pro Extreme Suds Shampoo, I added 2oz to my 4 gallons of water, following the recommended dilution ratio:

The suds appear nice in the bucket, but when washing, they seemed somewhat minimal for 2oz of shampoo. However, the lubricity was excellent. It also rinsed very easily. It had good cleaning power too, but didn`t do much for the bugs, but that is expected with any maintenance shampoo. However, I was slightly disappointed as I feel I get the same results plus better suds with only 1-1.5oz of Adam`s shampoo.

I also tried the polymer detail spray and clarifying glass cleaner. The detail spray has a very pleasant smell and made a fantastic drying aid. That is really all I use detail sprays for, so I can`t comment much more on it.

The glass cleaner is excellent. It is clear and on the thicker side so it just doesn`t drip down the windows. Only a very small amount is needed and leaves absolutely no streaks when using a glass towel. It is fantastic.

As a note, all of the products come in the same black bottle which is disappointingly not see through at all so you can`t see the product. They either come with a self-cleaning cap or a sprayer that works well, but in my opinion delivers a little too much product.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the SCG Pro line and am looking forward to trying out some of the other products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surf City Garage Professional (APC, Shampoo, Wheel Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Detail Spray)

Thanks for the review. I swear something must be wrong with your shampoo because it produced suds for days for me and for several others. Do you have exceptionally hard water?
    I have samples of most of the products but have only tried hydro seal and the balanced wash. I thought they both performed well for my needs , nothing groundbreaking but solid.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surf City Garage Professional (APC, Shampoo, Wheel Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Detail Spray)

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    Thanks for the review. I swear something must be wrong with your shampoo because it produced suds for days for me and for several others. Do you have exceptionally hard water?
    I have samples of most of the products but have only tried hydro seal and the balanced wash. I thought they both performed well for my needs , nothing groundbreaking but solid.
    My water is not really that hard at all. It performed well in all aspects, I just wouldn`t call it extreme suds. I`ll be using it again, but these were my initial findings.

My bucket still had suds in it at the end of the wash, but I feel I get more with Adam`s even when using less of it.

It`s still a great shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    My water is not really that hard at all. It performed well in all aspects, I just wouldn`t call it extreme suds. I`ll be using it again, but these were my initial findings.

My bucket still had suds in it at the end of the wash, but I feel I get more with Adam`s even when using less of it.

It`s still a great shampoo.
    I still prefer Adams in the bucket but thought balanced wash had way more suds. May use it in the foam gun exclusively.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy using their products. I`m very interested to try this stuff out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great reviews. I have always liked Surf City products. I look forward to giving these a try.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Thread Information