Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Is More Foam and Soap Better? Meguiars Gold Class in the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqvLEVH7D_M]Is More Car Soap Better? Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo in the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon ! - YouTube[/ame]

Some people wonder if they load their bottle with soap if it will produce thicker foam, which in turn should cling better. Also if you saturate the panel with snow foam that it will cling more and thus clean more. A few months ago we decided to test it out for ourselves, Andrew a fellow detailer is the one foaming the van while I recorded. We loaded a bottle with 4" / ~16 oz of Meg`s Gold Class Wash diluted the rest with warm water coupled with his gas power washer model shown at the end of the video. We then recreated something along the lines of a blizzard and avalanche.

Overall I found this to simply be a waste of soap, the soap wasn`t any thicker than what I typically use Gold Class at which is 4 oz due to it`s low dilution ratio of 1 oz per gallon. Repeatedly foaming the panel with excessive amounts of snow foam didn`t produce a cleaner surface or any better clinging action. One thing I can be sure of is that full coverage was met lol (for the panel). We chose the van as it would be the toughest match being vertical while also giving a nice big canvas to observe the soap.

Would love to hear your thoughts on foaming a vehicle and what you find works best for you?

Bonus foaming videos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNwTG_5fIDs]Meguiars Foam Cannon #62 Car Wash Shampoo Foaming Off-Roading SUV - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxGEidNiGE]SON1C Wax ProtoFoam 1 : Home Made Snow Foam Car Wash - Foaming Ford Edge - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxs-OgFppBw]CarPro Iron-X Soap Gel Review in Wash Bucket and MTM Hydro Foam Cannon SON1C Synopsis 72 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0Ru4WfG0I]Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds II 2 MTM Hydro Foam Cannon Gun Torch Red Ford Mustang - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is More Foam and Soap Better? Meguiars Gold Class in the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon

Thanks for the video,
    Finally we have someone to prove this.

I have no preference on how much foam a shampoo can make, all i care is the finished car.
    In fact one of my fav shampoo is known to make no suds - Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner.
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is More Foam and Soap Better? Meguiars Gold Class in the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    Thanks for the video,
    Finally we have someone to prove this.

I have no preference on how much foam a shampoo can make, all i care is the finished car.
    In fact one of my fav shampoo is known to make no suds - Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner.
    that is the green one correct? smells good iirc? I did enjoy that soap but was put off by the lack of suds !

My pleasure! I`ve always wondered about this and never really found much information let alone video demonstration so I figured when I tested it myself I might as well record it!

I agree I used to chase the thickest foam, now I just want quality soaps with good lubricity and clean well

Why do you state AG shampoo as one of your favorites?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice video. Gold class is a great OTC choice. I recommend it to some of my friends that don`t have the desire to order things online.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    that is the green one correct? smells good iirc? I did enjoy that soap but was put off by the lack of suds !

My pleasure! I`ve always wondered about this and never really found much information let alone video demonstration so I figured when I tested it myself I might as well record it!

I agree I used to chase the thickest foam, now I just want quality soaps with good lubricity and clean well

Why do you state AG shampoo as one of your favorites?
    Hi SON1C,

Yes it is the green one.
    There are 2 formula for Autoglym BSC:

Old formula:

New formula:

Old formula smells like cologne. New formula smells like cherry scented cough syrup. Unless you pour in half bottle of the shampoo, otherwise there will be no suds at all in the bucket. New formula is slightly more sudsy but i much prefer the scent of old formula.

I found the AG BSC shampoo leaves my paint look like extra layer of clear coat. This property is not found on any other shampoo. Drying is easier with its sheeting agents too.
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver5882 View Post
    Nice video. Gold class is a great OTC choice. I recommend it to some of my friends that don`t have the desire to order things online.
    Thanks! Agreed its a decent readily available soap, mothers soaps are decent otc as well
    Hi SON1C,

Yes it is the green one.

Old formula:

New formula:

Old formula smells like cologne. New formula smells like cherry scented cough syrup. Unless you pour in half bottle of the shampoo, otherwise there will be no suds at all in the bucket. New formula is slightly more sudsy but i much prefer the scent of old formula.

I found the AG BSC shampoo leaves my paint look like extra layer of clear coat. This property is not found on any other shampoo. Drying is easier with its sheeting agents too.
    I imagine I used the old formula then, it smelled nice. Thanks for the info!
    So then is it still your go to soap?

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the IXSS video as it is my favorite foam wash soap. How many gallons of water did you put in the bucket? Did you use ~2oz of IXSS in the 32oz foam cannon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    I watched the IXSS video as it is my favorite foam wash soap. How many gallons of water did you put in the bucket? Did you use ~2oz of IXSS in the 32oz foam cannon?
    do you use it straight?

I only had about 150 ml iirc

I believe I used 2 oz in the foam cannon and 2 oz in the bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Hi SON1C,

Yes it is the green one.

Old formula:

New formula:

Have you ever tried 1Z Perls? It gives the same "clear coat" look as well imparts crazy water beading on the surface. Even my glass beaded water for weeks after using it....

Post Thanks / Like

do you use it straight?

I only had about 150 ml iirc

I believe I used 2 oz in the foam cannon and 2 oz in the bucket
    I can be applied straight to wash media to conserve the soap. The dilution ratio of 1:8 is minimum for iron removal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Have you ever tried 1Z Perls? It gives the same "clear coat" look as well imparts crazy water beading on the surface. Even my glass beaded water for weeks after using it....
    I`ll have to look into that, thanks for the rec. Todd!
    I can be applied straight to wash media to conserve the soap. The dilution ratio of 1:8 is minimum for iron removal.
    I learned that after the video, I will tell you my arms smelled like ironx for a good day or two lol

do you have any pictures of you using it effectively?

Post Thanks / Like

I learned that after the video, I will tell you my arms smelled like ironx for a good day or two lol

do you have any pictures of you using it effectively?
    CarPro recommends IX on a "first time car" but that is where you would probably be able to capture some IXSS reacting to Iron.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro recommends IX on a "first time car" but that is where you would probably be able to capture some IXSS reacting to Iron.
    that was the first time that 06 had been ironxd and but I did clay it when I got it -- good point though.

Thread Information