Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Cg citrus wash red

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Red

Used this last weekend before my total detail. Purpous was to strip remaining old products and get the paint clean ready for a full detail. I did not expect much, but this product more than worked. Loaded it in a bucket a the higher dulition. When rinised, it left the vehicle totally clean and i could not find any old sealant or wax left behind. Impressive. If your looking to start fresh, give this a serious look. Can also be used at a lower duliton as a regular wash.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cg citrus wash red

How does this compare to Citrus Wash and Gloss?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    How does this compare to Citrus Wash and Gloss?
    Citrus Wash & Gloss has a lot more gloss enhancers/wax in it. Even if you use it "strong" to strip, you still leave something behind on the paint... The Citrus Wash "Red" is a better option for stripping paint systems, while Citrus Wash & Gloss is great for washing very dirty cars while adding some protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a gallon of Citrus Red. I use it 1oz/gallon and in a foam cannon prior to polishing a car. While it`s a great soap, it doesn`t seem to touch or "strip" my LSPs. The beading seems unaffected by it. If you want to feel a "slick soap", try this soap at 1oz/gallon. Great for filthy cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Red

Used this last weekend before my total detail. Purpous was to strip remaining old products and get the paint clean ready for a full detail. I did not expect much, but this product more than worked. Loaded it in a bucket a the higher dulition. When rinised, it left the vehicle totally clean and i could not find any old sealant or wax left behind. Impressive. If your looking to start fresh, give this a serious look. Can also be used at a lower duliton as a regular wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Citrus Wash & Gloss has a lot more gloss enhancers/wax in it. Even if you use it "strong" to strip, you still leave something behind on the paint... The Citrus Wash "Red" is a better option for stripping paint systems, while Citrus Wash & Gloss is great for washing very dirty cars while adding some protection.
    I did not know this. Thanks for the info guys. I am almost out of cwg so this cwr is on my next order. Is it a new product? Or have I just been oblivious?

Post Thanks / Like

Red as been out for some time.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I have Citrus Wash and Gloss and have not really liked it. It separates and as you say leaves a gloss behind. The best use I have is maintenance cleaning for wheels since it makes chrome shine and bead. I was trying to understand if it truly strips since a "stripping wash" and "gloss agents" is a contradiction in terms.

The question is what is a definitive method to prove the LSP has been stripped. We know some soaps supress beading as they dry to prevent water spots so that may get some to believe the wax is gone.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Been using this stuff well over a year....good product

Post Thanks / Like

The original CG Citrus Wash (which was supposedly designed specifically to strip paint of wax and sealants mixed at 1 oz per gallon) is still available even though it is not shown on the CG website. It is also stocked by another detailing supply website.

I use it annually before polishing, but am not convinced it truely removes sealants although it certainly leaves the finish very clean. After using Citrus Wash the paint has no beading left and does not sheet water well, but there could be sufacants remaining that give it this characteristic.

This spring after washing with the Citrus Wash I plan to wipe down half of the hood with IPA and see if beading returns.

CG Citrus Wash
    "Product Details

Ultra-concentrated paintwork cleansing shampoo.
    Safe to use on all exterior surfaces.
    Safely removes built up grime and old wax.
    Provides a fresh surface to start your detail with.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash is a high performance, ultra-concentrated paintwork cleansing shampoo. This citrus based shampoo is 100% surface friendly. Just add one ounce per gallon of water to create a superior surface cleanser to safely remove built up grime and old wax.

Often, you do not have enough time, or in some cases you do not want to fully clay and polish your vehicle in preparation for wax application. And every detailer knows how important it is to start a detail with a fresh surface. That’s why every detailer should have Chemical Guys Citrus Wash in their arsenal. This paint safe shampoo formula utilizes fast penetrating citrus and lubricating foam to break down the old wax or sealant layer on the paint. Removing your old wax or sealant will allow your new coat to better bond with the paint, providing you with longer lasting protection."

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i observed. Squeaky clean paint and no beading. Then i hit with amigo.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Red will do a good job of cleaning dirty paint, but doesn`t have much stripping ability, unless the LSP has already been degraded a good amount. I wouldn`t be my first choice for stripping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Thats what i observed. Squeaky clean paint and no beading. Then i hit with amigo.
    You can`t really tell if the LSP is gone unless you do an IPA wipedown to remove any sufucants which can mask the qualities of the LSP and make the paint appear to be LSP free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    You can`t really tell if the LSP is gone unless you do an IPA wipedown to remove any sufucants which can mask the qualities of the LSP and make the paint appear to be LSP free.
    Camaro is coming out of storage next week. I need to strip off old LSP. I have the old Wash & Gloss and if I remember its 1oz per gal to remove old wax and protectants.

I bought some CarPro earser also...

Will do the IPA to check...

Thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have Citrus Wash and Gloss and have not really liked it. It separates and as you say leaves a gloss behind. The best use I have is maintenance cleaning for wheels since it makes chrome shine and bead. I was trying to understand if it truly strips since a "stripping wash" and "gloss agents" is a contradiction in terms.
    I agree that it never made sense to have a wash and gloss shampoo that leaves something behind to help with the gloss, also be for stripping. Thus why I use Wash Red whenever I am trying to prepare the surface.

I use wash & gloss for the wheels, just like Bunky. It foams great, has good slickness, and if it does add gloss, it`s great for wheels. It`s got great dilution which makes it good economically - a squirt a bucket and you`re good. Never tried it on the paint, but have heard some good things. Some bad, too, but think I need to try it for myself.

Thread Information