Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid question/best new car scent

Quick random question, has anyone out there found the perfect "new car scent" that actually smells like a new car? I have tried many and am using a Yankee candle brand one now, it comes close but I sure there`s better out there. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stupid question/best new car scent

I`ve never found a new car scent that smelled anything remotely close to a new car. I`ve asked this question in other forums and always got the "too many variables" responses since cars with leather smell different than those that don`t. Some of the leather scents are ok, but IMO they still don`t replicate the true new car smell. If there`s one out there that really does smell like the real thing, I would love to know about it.

Post Thanks / Like

carpet adhesive...

Seriously, a new car "scent" comes from the adhesive used to glue the carpets down. I had a friend in highschool who would lift a corner of his carpet, spray some adhesive under it, and his car always smelled like new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    carpet adhesive...

Seriously, a new car "scent" comes from the adhesive used to glue the carpets down. I had a friend in highschool who would lift a corner of his carpet, spray some adhesive under it, and his car always smelled like new.
    And yet again you never seem to amaze me with your knowledge.
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

carpet adhesive...

Amazing how a harmful scent is the major selling point
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    My thoughts too... The smell is actually not too good for you... But it does smell kinda cool....

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts too... The smell is actually not too good for you... But it does smell kinda cool....
    but then again, I used to love the smell of white out, and mimeograph sheets
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smell and the association that goes along with it. New car smell still feels like a new car as long as the smell is still in there
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

It took months of baking in the afternoon sun at work year before last to get that smell out of my car. I surely wouldn`t pay money to find a scent like that to put back in it. To each his own I guess!

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    It took months of baking in the afternoon sun at work year before last to get that smell out of my car. I surely wouldn`t pay money to find a scent like that to put back in it. To each his own I guess!

Dean.

+1. I like it for a little while. A day or so at most and then it starts giving me a headache. Good thing to know when I go to sell my car though lol. It`s definitely going to smell like new!

I wish there was a decent air freshener that lasted more than a day or so. I tried CG stripper and it doesn`t last long at all.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post

Dean.
    Not only that, but how many times ya have to clean windows inside from off gassing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    I wish there was a decent air freshener that lasted more than a day or so. I tried CG stripper and it doesn`t last long at all.
    Son as ya run out of dollar bills ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    +1. I like it for a little while. A day or so at most and then it starts giving me a headache. Good thing to know when I go to sell my car though lol. It`s definitely going to smell like new!

My car was the same way. It was a nice smell driving it home from the dealer, 6 hour drive, after that I thought it was a nasty smell. It took what seemed forever to get that smell out. Since I like the smell of Fe-breeze, I usually mist the carpet down and a little on the seats. It doesn`t last long and as long as I don`t spray it on too heavy it has a fresh scent for a few days. The "new car smell" these days doesn`t even compare to what the new car smelled like 30 years ago.

Years ago I bought some of these small bottles of drops that you put on the carpet, it only took 3 or 4 drops and the smell stayed in the car for what seemed like a couple weeks. When I moved years ago they got lost or misplaced and I haven`t found them. I had a bottle of strawberry and I think the other was like a wintergreen or a fresh smell. Since I am waiting for the weather to warm up(weeks to go) to start detailing I think I will have to dig through some old boxes to see if I can find them.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only that, but how many times ya have to clean windows inside from off gassing
    Not quite 2 years old and the windows still get that film on it. I gather it is from the defrosters this time of the year.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

The new car scent is definitely outgassing of plastics and other chemicals used in the car.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information