Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s Garage 3rd Gen 6 inch & Griot`s Garage the company!

Ok, first off let me say a couple of things. First I had a Griot`s 2nd Gen 6 inch for over a year an half with no issues (It was my back up unless using the first gen series of MF pads, all you detailers know why). Secondly I did not request a replacement but just asked for my unit to be fixed. Lastly, I`m an extremely patient but persistent person, which is also why this worked out I`m sure.

The Company ~ Griot`s Garage 8/10

I have to say they really did come through. The customer service is top notch, very attentive and always nice (Overly nice). The woman I spoke to was like that woman Jane from the Toyota commercials.

The story ~ Broken Polisher & the guarantee for LIFE

I broke my polisher at the end of September and sent it back in mid october. I called them a month later asking what was going on with my unit, apparently they couldn`t find it inventory (However they did trace my original order, very good records). They said they would get back to me immediately, they never did so I followed up again around mid December or so. At this point I figured ups lost the unit and I was basically sol.

Long story short, I don`t know if they ever found out if they actually received it but January 5th I received a brand new griot`s garage 3rd Gen 6 inch. They really came through but I did have to stay on them. Overall I`m very impressed but remember persistence is KEY!

The Unit ~

The griots 3rd Gen is a HUGE improvement over the 2nd Gen, not in terms of power but in terms of design and build quality. First the new head grip cuts the effort down by over half. The second is the new BP that is now ventilated, it`s a far better design which kills weight, heat and vibration. Lastly and most important, build quality. The new 3rd Gen feels 10x better, the old 2nd vibrated a lot and could serve equally as a back massager under heavy load. Yes, it had power but you always felt half of it was being directed to your arms instead of the paint. The new 3rd gen feels smooth, calm, solid at all levels of operation. That quality translates to control and thus allows for far more precision & confidence in tight spaces. The new 3rd gen feels like the build quality of a 3401 compared to the 2nd gen which honestly felt like a pc without a counter weight! Even though it obviously doesn`t have the throw of the rupes, I would strongly recommend this to any beginner as the quality of this machine is just awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot`s Garage 3rd Gen 6 inch & Griot`s Garage the company!

I agree with everything you said about the third gen. My 2nd gen tore up and I got the 3rd gen through the warranty. I was surprised at what a big difference such subtle changes could make. I am shocked however that they took so long to make it right. They are usually on top of that sort of stuff. I`ve sent 3 of these machines back and never waited more than a week or two for the new one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I agree with everything you said about the third gen. My 2nd gen tore up and I got the 3rd gen through the warranty. I was surprised at what a big difference such subtle changes could make. I am shocked however that they took so long to make it right. They are usually on top of that sort of stuff. I`ve sent 3 of these machines back and never waited more than a week or two for the new one.
    I agree, sent mine in for repair and got a new one back in 10 days.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, good to know !

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 3 inch Griots and it broke. I returned it to the Volve dealer it came from and they replaced it no problem. Griots took care of it no problem. I would buy another Griots again.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

What thread does it have for the backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by postaltwo View Post
    what thread does it have for the backing plate?
    5/16"

Thread Information