Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

** Wax Sample Review Thread **

WAX REVIEW THREAD

Please post all the review in here guys, so they are all in one place. Thanks again for all those who showed an interest and i look forward to hearing your thoughts an opinions. We are a manufacturer that does listen so any thoughts good or bad are always welcome.

Thanks

Obi Dan Karnubi

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ** Wax Sample Review Thread **

Finally had a chance to polish and apply Obi`s prototype wax G1

Products Used

Flex 3401
    Flex PE-14
    Carpro Reflect
    Buff n Shine Black pads 5.5
    LC Hybrid 5 pads black
    various MF towels

Initial Thoughts
    Green in color
    Smells very good (which is a plus for me, makes applying the wax way more enjoyable)
    Very soft

Here the pictures, and used 2 coats, waited 24 hours in between coats

Post thoughts:
    Wax was very soft as suspected and a little went along way.
    Was very very easy to apply or spread
    As long as you follow the 8 minutes like Obi said removal will be a breeze.
    Otherwise it clog up your MF towel and it`ll be harder to remove.
    So i did 2 panels at a time like he recommended. worked perfect
    There is still a lot left in the jar so i know i will get way more applications.

Durability unfortunately will not be tested since my car is a garage queen. Hardly gets driven or sees any harsh weather.

I did play with the water behavior
    It sheeted water like crazy. i flooded it and water completely ran off and i also sprayed water and it had tight small beads.

Overall i will be getting the final product when Obi decides to release it. I was very pleased and was a pleasure to work it. i hope my pictures will do his wax justice. Cheers!
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

Cool !!!! Great reflections.

Can hardly wait till mine gets here

How did you find the change after the 2nd coat?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Cool !!!! Great reflections.

Can hardly wait till mine gets here

How did you find the change after the 2nd coat?
    it gave it more of a candy look (idk if you ever heard that expression) but IDk if because i put the first coat the day before in the evening and the 2nd coat during the day.
    There was a definite change but like i said idk if it was because of the night-day look

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psynx View Post

Great review! And who says sealants are better for white! Glad you enjoyed using it, if poss some beading shots would be great.

Great shot of the car too with some nice gloss

How did the caar feel afterwards, was it very slick to the touch? It has slight antistatic properties to help avoid dust and pollen being attracted to the car after waxing, which on a dark coloured cars especially at summer time can be a pain lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Dan Karnubi View Post
    Great review! And who says sealants are better for white! Glad you enjoyed using it, if poss some beading shots would be great.

Great shot of the car too with some nice gloss

How did the caar feel afterwards, was it very slick to the touch? It has slight antistatic properties to help avoid dust and pollen being attracted to the car after waxing, which on a dark coloured cars especially at summer time can be a pain lol

Yes i forgot to mention that it was slick almost like a sealant.
    Most nubas have a tacky almost sticky feel, but this one didn`t.
    Sorry forgot to add that.
    BTW here are some beading shots, the sun is going down here in Socal so `ll take more sun shots tomorrow morning Dan

i kept spraying before the beads would give out and run off, it was hard to get them to stay put lol but as you can see very tight and small beads

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it does leave a lovely glow and great slick feel. Sheets and beads very good too. Thanks for posting beading pics nice tight tall beads. Definitely one to watch out for in the future!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Dan Karnubi View Post
    Yeah it does leave a lovely glow and great slick feel. Sheets and beads very good too. Thanks for posting beading pics nice tight tall beads. Definitely one to watch out for in the future!
    what size are we gonna expect this wax? 250ml or 200ml? or 100ml like chocwork?
    I`ll be first in line hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the flood of pictures lol

Post Thanks / Like

Nice !!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Per Dan`s request, some side sun shots

Post Thanks / Like

this is not my review...i have only had time to put one coat of the wax on my challenger (and it looks awesome btw) but i plan to put another coat or so on and get some good sun shots etc, hopefully tuesday weather/schedule permitting as work has been picking up again

i just wanted to share a few of the pics that i was able to take today while at a car club event. i basically just did a semi-quick wax job (while still following your instructions of course) saturday night
    we were parked at the top of a parking garage so at least i got a few sun shots, but there wasn`t really anything to reflect off of

my `actual` writeup will be coming mid week or so. i still want to try some of that purple stuff on my wheels (is that recommended as well as with the red?)

here you can see my car just glowing (far right) at 7:30 am on a foggy morning...oh and btw i just wanted to say that i drove 30 miles through fog and not a single drop of moisture stayed on the waxed surfaces!!! for real, everyone else was already wiping down their car again when i got to the meet point. the car was just as clean as when i pulled it out of the garage, i even tested it with a white mf towel

now i will put up some garage reflection shots (keep in mind just one coat-so far)

i also took the liberties of using the purple test wax on a black jeep grand cherokee that i recently polished with the duetto and sip1500 (i will also post some of the best after shots on that one too- but i wont have any beading shots for you from that vehicle as it was just a customers

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

dan-i can email you any of these files if you need them as well now or in the future
    just pm me your email if so

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- this purple wax really brings out metallic flake on black paint (this jeep is a 2006 with 110k-the duetto and sip1500 did most of the leg work but this wax just looked so good. i am definitely buying some of this stuff
    i will try to test the durability on this specific vehicle as i know the customer pretty well

i have to borrow the neighbors tree- lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your initial thoughts mate, looking forward to your review and more pics of your stunning car. As for the wax it is a very nice blend, i tried to get maximum gloss while still being fairly durable. So it was designed to give a nice warm glow and great flake pop. I have done a mini durability test but with one coat on bare paintwork, by washing and rinsing then testing beading sheeting etc, after 19 washes one after the other the beading did start to diminish a little, and i gave up after 25 washes as my hands were frozen but the beading and sheeting was still good. This obviously is not "real world" tested as hasnt had weather and dirt etc between washes. As with any wax you can apply it to your wheels, it should keep them protected so be nice to see how long.

The red wax shoud give a nice wet look but it will give great clarity and a more transparant look if that makes sense.

I am testing a dedicated wheel wax at the moment almost fully synthetic, just in tweaking stage and then my normal intensive testing begins lol.

As with my waxes at the moment im still going to be collaborating with Dodo for a little while longer as im happy doing that. But maybe in the near future or early next year ODK will be launching Altho maybe could do a nice limited edition wax or something for you guys who knows.

Thanks, and spread the word of ODK waxes

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information