Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ** Wax Sample Review Thread **

My last vehicle that I’ve used the purple wax on is a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Rick Hendrick 25th Anniversary, Number 6 of 25. The vehicle is autographed by Hendrick and Calloway on the manifold cover. Since there were only 25 produced this was an amazing vehicle. Another one of the Hendrick Anniversary addition’s sold for over $250,000 in Scottsdale Arizona. The vehicle was in excellent condition and had 4,000 miles on it. The vehicle was washed with Pinnacle Shampoo and then the paints was polished with Chemical Guys Blacklight. I applied two coats of the purple wax to the paint. Again the wax was easy to apply and came off well. The silver paint really had a nice shine and a really smooth finish. The owner loved the final result and will be getting me several more of his show cars for future details. This was one of my favorite details that I’ve ever done and my first detail of a vehicle worth over $200,000. Obi-Dan you’ll be proud of the results of your wax.
    IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I really like the color on the F150.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great review mate thanks alot and great pictures too. Can I post them on my facebook wall? Thanks again.

Boostin is still waiting on waxes ive sent hopefully arrive soon guys post office is a joke sending things abroad so sorry its taking ages.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use whatever you want to from my reviews. Thanks for the great wax sample. I still have enough for a couple more cars. I`ll try to post more sometime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi Dan Karnubi View Post
    Great review mate thanks alot and great pictures too. Can I post them on my facebook wall? Thanks again.

Boostin is still waiting on waxes ive sent hopefully arrive soon guys post office is a joke sending things abroad so sorry its taking ages.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reviews guys.

I have Zekes review from Mint my Car he finally got his pot just waiting on some pics and ill post it in here as he emailed it to me.
    So do we get to see his review of the wax as well?

Has everyone posted up their reviews yet?

How has further development been going?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes ill get Mint Your Cars review up on here asap.

I think all bar two have done reviews.

Yes alot more development has been taking place and we are set to launch our first wax in June we have a stunning Hybrid and a wheel wax in prototype form. See our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/odk.waxes for our latest updates

Post Thanks / Like

Any update on any of this?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay guys been so busy lately. I have Mint your cars review which ill post in a minute. Phoenix1234 couldnt post a review due to a busted knee so thats al the reviews in. I will look through the pics and pick one winner. A hug thankyou for everyone who has taken part its much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Mint your car review.

Initial thoughts

~ Look of wax: looks tough, hard, smooth.
    ~ Texture and feel: consistant, harder, melts nicely without clumps
    ~ Colour: Grape/Purple. Looks great.
    ~ Fragrance: A pack of sour skittles with a hint of lavender.

Application

~ How well it loads up on applicator: outstanding and consistent.
    ~ How it spreads: outstanding and very easy, leaves no chance for light marring.
    ~ Cure time: seemed like forever. The first application was by machine - ultra light layer. Waited 20 minutes. Was so oily it took forever for it to wipe away without smearing/haze. Second layer was by foam applicator - waited 30 minutes and had the same result. Third layer was by bare hand and this time I turned the overhead shop heaters off. Not sure if temp. had anything to do with or the type of application...but the lower temperature really seemed to help the curing/wipe-down. Came off like dust and left a great shine. Barely any oil residue.

~ Consistency of wax: outstanding.
    ~ Removal of wax: Costly to very easy - depends on application method in my case. (see “cure time” above).
    ~ Multiple layers: only did a single layer. Different application methods on different panels.
    ~ Application on bare paintwork/ cleansed or machined etc.: smooth, no marring.

Water Behaviour

~ Beading and sheeting: Beading better than sheeting. 5 star beading. 3.5 star sheeting.

Final finish

~ The look when waxed: crispy glossy. Ridiculous gloss/mirror reflections.
    ~ Feel of paintwork: Silky smooth.
    ~ Different colours of paintwork: used on black. Currently testing on a white C7.
    ~ Final thoughts/ ways to improve: Too oily? The wax seems perfect though. I would rather come up with a better way to apply than reduce the oils because the result is spectacular. Just need to keep playing with application methods to get the right shine in the right amount of time.
    ~ Does it do what its meant to do: Wax exceeded expectations. No question there.

Post Thanks / Like

Give me a few days to pick a winner. Thankyou. Any last pics with the wax used please post asap

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to who ever wins....great wax !!

QUOTE=Obi Dan Karnubi;511611]Give me a few days to pick a winner. Thankyou. Any last pics with the wax used please post asap[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Yes congrats. I feel that all the testers are already winners. The wax was great and Obi Dan has already paid the shipping cost to send the wax to the USA which is not cheap. Thanks for allowing us to try the samples. If you need more testers keep us in mind I`m sure we would do it any time! I would be in for a sealant, glass coating, paint coating, additional wax, in fact will test about any thing. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

And the winner is................................................ .................................. PSYNX

Well done mate please email me obidankarnubi@gmail.com.

Thankyou for everyone who entered the competition and posted reviews they were all very good and helped me out alot.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan......I don`t think he is a member anymore....Haven`t seen any post from him in a long time

UOTE=Obi Dan Karnubi;512488]And the winner is................................................ .................................. PSYNX

Thankyou for everyone who entered the competition and posted reviews they were all very good and helped me out alot.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

And the winner is................................................ .................................. PSYNX

Thankyou for everyone who entered the competition and posted reviews they were all very good and helped me out alot.
    BLAM im right here! email sent Dan!
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information