Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ** Wax Sample Review Thread **

Right ok thanks mate, it may look like its diminished but maybe the contact angels of the bonnet are causing it to look like that? Whats it looking like on other panels?

Thanks for the feedback. Could also be the high oil content thats effecting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Dan Karnubi View Post
    Right ok thanks mate, it may look like its diminished but maybe the contact angels of the bonnet are causing it to look like that? Whats it looking like on other panels?

Thanks for the feedback. Could also be the high oil content thats effecting it.
    Side panels ran like it had nothing on it.

It`s been sunny, 80`s, HIGH pollen, then very heavy rains since it was done
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hosed the car off with a pressure washer and carefully dried with microfiber, did not use soap as the only soaps I have contain carnuba or some other coating booster (PBL - which is what the car will be coated with eventually) and I did not want to induce added error into the experiment.

And an update on the trim - as you can see in the beading picture the trim is looking bad so I do not recommend getting this wax on plastic trim pieces that are exposed to the sun. The trim under the hood that does not see the sun looks great still though.

Unfortunately water beading is all over the place showing no protection and sheeting is none existent as demonstrated in the video (pardon the terrible phone quality of it).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_DnyOevmI]#3 test wax sheeting - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Valleyrider shame its not lasted long i had high hopes for that one and had it on my car for 4.5 months, altho it was a tweaked version with a polymer, its not a million miles off where it should be just needs some more time developing it but got some more ingredients coming so hopefully they will improve it more and add some much needed strength. Thankyou for taking the time to test my wax and the great pictures. Hopefully soon once everyone has given me their reviews i can pick a winner for their fully built custom wax!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to reapply it again hopefully tomorrow if it doesn`t rain. I`m thinking I`ll apply by hand this time instead of using the machine and see if it makes a difference in longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I finally had time and nice enough weather to wash the car and put the second coat of the P2 Test Wax on there. Once again, I have to say that I really enjoy using this stuff. It is so easy on and as long as you don’t leave it on the panel for longer than about 10 minutes it comes off very easily. I really love how this was brings out the metallic flake in my black paint.

Now some flake shots

Now some shots that I personally liked

Gotta love a some cloud coverage

I will get some water beading shots saturday or sunday. car now has two coats of wax applied about a month apart. but I have only driven the car probably five or six times in the last month. It usually just sits in the garage and comes out late at night when I get bored. It has only seen three days of sunlight in the past month so I would say the original coat of p2 most likely had not faded yet.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I decided after washing my wife`s car today that I would try out the red wax to see if it reacted or looked differently in her car. Her car is coated with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating so I will not be able to perform a longevity test on her car as the PBL will bead on its own.

Here is the wax curing on her paint for 10 minutes. Still very easy to apply and it spreads out a very long distance.

This is after the first wipe down to remove the wax

This was after the second wipe down, you can still see in the photo that a third wipe down was required.

It took three separate wipe downs to remove the wax from the paint coated with PBL and because of that I only applied one coating as it was too much effort for a minimal change in appearance.

The paint did exhibit a bit more gloss than before which was a positive point with this wax but it took more effort than I am willing to put forth for the change it provided. Had it been a single wipe removal of wax I continue with it but 3 wipes on this coated surface was too much. On my Porsche it only required 2 wipes to remove so it may be the coating on the car causing the additional effort needed.

While the car looks very glossy with the wax I think since it has a very glossy coating a wax with depth would be more appropriate for this car as it would bring out the flake more. I still like the way it looks on the Porsche but not how it looks or reacts on the Camry.

Post Thanks / Like

Similar experience
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reviews guys.

Brandt, glad you loved the wax and it really gave that metallic flake some bling! Great gloss aswell. Think oils need to be reduced slightly but working on another version next week. Great review and some really good pictures.

Valleyrider thanks again for another great review and again oil content is the big isue with the wax and again it is currently being re developed as removal has to be perfect. Again great pictures and review.

I have Zekes review from Mint my Car he finally got his pot just waiting on some pics and ill post it in here as he emailed it to me.

The guys missing there waxes have the natural one on the way via XxBoostinxX when he recieves my parcel

Thanks

ODK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sending out the wax! Its fun to experiment with something new and see it how it works.

I`m getting an itch to try it on my exhaust tips which may turn out to be a horrible idea but it`ll always clean off if it reacts poorly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dan for what its worth I applied the p2 wax to one rear quarter panel that was hot and in direct sunlight and let it sit for about 3 mins and it cured and wiped off just fine. A little tackier but It was expected.

I drove the car around last night and I looked at it today and it did not have the normal slight dirt accumulation that I would usually have after one night of driving it when it was coated in some of the other nubas I have previously used.

If you recall my original post about a month ago I also drove through fog and the vehicle did not show but one or two water droplets afterwards when everyone else was having to wipe down their vehicles again before the car show. So if this is a trait of the wax, which it looks like...I very much enjoy it and would encourage you to keep developing that aspect of the wax.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

So I my curiosity got the best of me and I waxed my exhaust tips today, they needed to be cleaned anyway.

They turned out very nice with a great shine.

I`m still learning all this detailing stuff so I don`t know any of the unspoken rules of detailing do`s and don`ts so if it seems like something might be a good idea I try it and find out if it works or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the great part about all these products available to us. You can experiment and figure out what works best for You.
    Man I need to get some of those little ramps.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Those ramps make things so much easier to get to in the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully some samples will get to those who didnt recieve theirs soon! Keep the reviews coming and feel free to add us as a friend on Facebook - ODK Waxes. Feel free to post your pictures on there too. As soon as we have had everyones revews a winner for the custom wax will be chosen

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information