Photos as promised

Reflection shot

Water Beads

Wax on some PPF that was unfortunately installed after a few rock chips

For you photo people out there - F32 / 5 sec shutter speed

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ** Wax Sample Review Thread **

Finally got to test the wax this weekend. This is for the green wax:

The wax is soft and has an oily feel. Note the sweat beads on the picture above. The smell is pleasant and according to my 9 year old daughter, smells like an apple flavored candy. The edges of the wax crumbles easily as I was applying it to my DA LC 5.5 flat blue pad.

Being a soft wax, it was easy to rub on the LC pad and it spread very easily when applying it to the car:

I let the wax cure between 8 and 10 minutes. Initially, it was a little hard to wipe off (just the first wipe) but turned out to be really easy to buff afterwards. I had to polish out a few panels, and applied Menzerna Power Lock after polishing. I applied the green wax the following day after PL cured.

The look and feel was nice. Nice gloss and a very smooth feel. It later rained so I got a water bead shot and it did bead up very nice.

There appears to be solvent in this wax. A little bit of wax got on the cover and when I wiped it off, some of the lettering came off:

After it rained:

Post Thanks / Like

man that toyota looks great- do you know what they call that color (didn`t feel like looking it up) love those hood shots and the ones with the metallic showing are also very nice

sorry dan i keep planning to wax the car again but i keep having to work. i might end up doing it overnight today or tomorrow- lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    man that toyota looks great- do you know what they call that color (didn`t feel like looking it up) love those hood shots and the ones with the metallic showing are also very nice
    Thanks! The color is Spruce Mica. In the shade it looks almost black, but in the sun, the metallic really shows. I had one guy tell me he never saw so much metallic in factory paint before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RSTARK View Post
    Thanks! The color is Spruce Mica. In the shade it looks almost black, but in the sun, the metallic really shows. I had one guy tell me he never saw so much metallic in factory paint before.
    yeah thats more metallic that in my challenger or frontier for sure

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing pics Valleyrider car looks great. How did you find the wax overall, did you like the finish? How has it on the wheels are they still showing protection.

RSTARK again great review and lovely gloss and flake pop! How did you find the wax overall?

Brandt - No problems mate looking forward to the review

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Dan Karnubi View Post
    RSTARK again great review and lovely gloss and flake pop! How did you find the wax overall?
    Overall, I really like this wax. About as easy to use as Collinite 845. It seems to repel dust and dirt well. I cannot comment on longevity as it only has been a few days. I wouldn`t hesitate to use this was again especially if it provides more than a few weeks of longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Overall, I really like this wax. About as easy to use as Collinite 845. It seems to repel dust and dirt well. I cannot comment on longevity as it only has been a few days. I wouldn`t hesitate to use this was again especially if it provides more than a few weeks of longevity.
    Thanks mate appreciate your feedback anything you would change if you could? How did you find cure time?
    Should be around the 3 month for durability depending on maintenance

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate appreciate your feedback anything you would change if you could? How did you find cure time?
    Should be around the 3 month for durability depending on maintenance
    Cure time was just fine. I did let some areas cure longer (~15 minutes) and didn`t seem to affect wiping it off.

As for changing it, I don`t think I would. I mean, if it dried so that you can swipe your finger to test if its ready to remove, that would probable create dust upon removal. There was no dusting to deal with, so I like that. Also, there was no white marks from accidentally applying to the trim. That`s another big plus.

The wax was very soft, but that`s not a problem. I assume if you make it harder, it won`t spread so easily. There`s a lot of trade offs for changing it and I think it`s just fine the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Cure time was just fine. I did let some areas cure longer (~15 minutes) and didn`t seem to affect wiping it off.

As for changing it, I don`t think I would. I mean, if it dried so that you can swipe your finger to test if its ready to remove, that would probable create dust upon removal. There was no dusting to deal with, so I like that. Also, there was no white marks from accidentally applying to the trim. That`s another big plus.

The wax was very soft, but that`s not a problem. I assume if you make it harder, it won`t spread so easily. There`s a lot of trade offs for changing it and I think it`s just fine the way it is.

Yes I did find if I changed it and it cured fully it does dust up a bit which I personally dont like. Just need a name I swear choosing a name is harder than creating the wax

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did find if I changed it and it cured fully it does dust up a bit which I personally dont like. Just need a name I swear choosing a name is harder than creating the wax
    Don`t see a problem naming it Karnubi

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing pics Valleyrider car looks great. How did you find the wax overall, did you like the finish? How has it on the wheels are they still showing protection.

Brandt - No problems mate looking forward to the review
    Overall I liked the look of the wax on the car when it was first applied, added some nice gloss. It rained here about 3 days after I applied the wax and I could see some pretty good beading on the car. It rained again today and unfortunately it looks like the wax has completely worn off or barely there as the water beads are very loose and appear as though there is no protection.

The loose water beading could be a little dirt on the car but the beading is very similar and uniform in its nonuniformity across car surface of the car.

One more thing that I noticed is on the trim. I applied the wax to the trim to see how it would look and hold up. I portion of the trim is exposed to the sun and the rest of it is covered by the hood of the car. The part exposed to the sun did not look good after the first rain 3 days after application and today you can tell there is no wax left on the trim. I would not recommend this wax as an LSP on trim that is exposed to the elements but when in use it does not stain trim or turn it white.

The portion of plastic that is protected under the hood still beads up plenty good and looks great.

This wax seems like a good one to put on a day before a cars and coffee or those times when I`m bored and just want to get out and wax the car, or maybe before a car show (if I ever enter one). It looks great, smells great, just wish it had a few less oils so it only takes a single wipe to get off instead of two. Also since it only lasted about a week I`m going to make sure I put some type of sealant or coating on before the next application.

And the wheels, completely worn off now but dont have any pictures to show for it.

Post Thanks / Like

23 days later

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Valleyrider: Is that beading after a wash or before? Im shocked if its only lasted a week, if possible could you wash and dry the car then mist some water to check beading/sheeting.

Ron: Is those pics before washing, still signs off protection which is good. Again once washed and dried if you could check beading for me that will be great.

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Valleyrider: Is that beading after a wash or before? Im shocked if its only lasted a week, if possible could you wash and dry the car then mist some water to check beading/sheeting.

Ron: Is those pics before washing, still signs off protection which is good. Again once washed and dried if you could check beading for me that will be great.

Thanks guys
    That photo was taken during the rain we were having, it stopped raining for a little bit and that is what I came out to the car looking like.

I`ll try to wash it tomorrow if it is not raining and see how well it beads and sheets once clean again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information