Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ** Wax Sample Review Thread **

Also thanks Psynx for the extra pics and car is looking nice and glossy which i wasnt sure how glossy a light coloured car would be. Im actually testing a new variation of the green wax with an ingredient that should add a little bit more gloss so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone wants to talk to me quicker about anything or advice etc you can email me direct at obidankarnubi@gmail.com

Thanks

ODK

Post Thanks / Like

I washed up my wheels to get started on testing them for you.

2 coats of red wax waited 5 mins before wipe off and applied with no waiting period between coats as suggested. Only waxed the face of the wheels, not the barrels.

Waxed one front wheel as they get dirtiest fastest and so I could compare the waxed vs unwaxed wheel.

I`ll do a full review when I do the entire car just wanted to start on the wheel request.

This wax gave some really nice gloss!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking like some nice shiny wheels keep us updated mate

Post Thanks / Like

So a quick update on how the wax is working on my wheels. I waxed one of the wheels in the front and left one unwaxed so I had a standard for comparison.

Here is what my wheel with wax on it looked like on Friday when I washed the car

Here is what my unwaxed wheel looked like

Both wheels were about equally dirty from Monday when originally cleaned and waxed till Friday when the car got a bath. The wax didn`t do anything to help prevent the wheels from getting dirty but it also did not attract anything extra making them dirtier than the unwaxed wheel.

The one thing I did notice though that really impressed me was how easy the wheel was to clean.

Here is the waxed wheel after being hosed off

And here is the unwaxed wheel after being hosed off

As you may or may not be able to see from the pictures, the waxed wheel became decently clean after just a hose down. I grabbed a microfiber to wipe the wheel dry and pick up what was left on the wheels and it cleaned up very nice without needing to agitate the wheel to get it clean.

Here is a final picture of what the wheel looked like after being sprayed with the hose then wiped dry with a microfiber.

The unwaxed wheel required me to pull out the wheel brush and give it a little loving to get clean.

This is the first time I have put anything on my wheels in the way of protection and from how easy it was to clean the wheel that got waxed I will definitely be waxing the rest of my wheels soon.

I know 4-5 days is not long at all but you can see the beads on the wheel so the wax has held up for a little bit so far. I did not reapply any wax so I can see if it is still as easy to clean next week as it was this week.

The waxed wheel does appear to be brighter than the unwaxed wheel and it has more gloss as well.

Still haven`t had time to do the full car yet but hopefully I will soon. Once the whole car is waxed I will post up a full review. I do like the smell of this wax when using it though, very nice and just right on scent strength - not overpowering but enough to know its there and very pleasant to smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Red # Test

Day 1

Wash PB SSS + PB APC
    Dry
    Polish PB Pro Polish Flex black pad
    Wash PB SSS
    Dry

Color/consistency is very similar to fusion or natty`s red

Smell is light strawberry

Foam pad - 1 spray blackfire qd to dampen/prime

Since it`s a small pot, it`s tough to tell how hard it was to load up pad, but seemed pretty easy

**** DISCLAIMER ***** = This was done outside in FL Clear day and temp was about 72 for day 1 car done 1/2 in sun 1/2 in shade

Seems very smooth going on, and a little goes a long way

This being a test wax, I wasn`t really sure how long to let it set up. So some panels were done 2 panels at a time then wipe, up to about 20-30 min set up time, then wipe. (as per Dan it was ok to do in sun, just watch set up time)

Here is where it gave me some problems....

This is after initial wipe, then as I saw what was happening I started using QD to aid in wiping, then some PB SW, PB SG, ONR QD to see if the oils would get less

Stuff BEADS and SHEETS like CRAZY

Vid please clik

vid please clik

Looked real nice after I got off the oils and as it cured.
    Stuff is SUPER SLICK

continue to next page
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Next day, 2nd coat (as per Dan)

ok, it`s pollen season here (suffer northerners )

Interesting enough it had less pollen on it than my girlfriends car BIG +

ONR wash

Since I used a foam pad yesterday, and thought maybe it loaded too much wax I used a microfiber pad today

Again, a little goes a long way, seems oily

This was pad after entire car (ex control area)

I did entire vehicle, then wiped off
    Wipe off aided with Ice cold PB SG

finished product

Nice clarity

Tail gate is my control section (2 other waxes applied there)

Hi there !!

Did I mention it`s pollen season ?

Over all impressions:
    Finicky to get off. Looked great after wash, or ice cold SG wipe down. Oils need to be toned down a touch. Goes on easy. Comes off a little tough at this point.

Probably the slickest stuff I`ve seen since they took VOC waxes off market. As I said, you could drive the car through a molasses shower and it wouldn`t stick.

Thanks for looking/reading

Questions or comments?

Questions/comments
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

definitely looks good. great sheeting action.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    definitely looks good. great sheeting action.
    Yeah

Post Thanks / Like

P#4 Test Pot ( Purple Wax) Review

This was applied to a 14 Year old VW Jetta, Using the traditional 2 bucket wash system, no paint correction or enhancers used during this review, I used Meguiars Hyper wash ( wanted a shampoo with no wax or gloss enhancers) also bear in mind, this car has 180,000 miles on it too....last paint correction was done last May.

on with the pictures and review:
    Gotta throw in a picture of my favorite wash buckets..( Go Big Blue !! )

This is the only wax i could not describe the scent...which is a good thing, very unique smell

Using Yellow applicator and Cobra Shamrock Micro fiber Towel

I applied the wax in two methods, Thin coat and Heavy coat, using the back and forth method rather than in a circular motion ( for better consistency and ensure even coverage) Thin coating is what this wax requires...followed by a second thin coat.

and they say you cant get a great reflection from Silver paint.....

Now for some beading pictures.....This wax produced more of what I refer to as medium sized beads, not small or tight, but medium sized with almost identical sized beads...

Now a picture of the entire care covered and protected with P#4

final shot:

Summary of P#4......
    Scent was pleasant....loved the consistency of applying, no oily or streaky film left behind, smooth and easy to apply. Removal ( using thin coats ) was easy, didn`t grab or pull at the microfiber towel ( as it did when I applied it heavy).
    You could probably do about 10 -15 applications per this container ...just a guess...
    I loved the final results, crisp clean glossy look, not just a shine but a great crisp gloss...Metallic flakes on the VW really popped. P#4 gave the overall car a great brilliant well defined gloss.

Durability? N/A ....product is still in production stage and I only applied it today 02-18-2014....I will do a follow up in 3-4 weeks and see how it holds up.

Overall this is not only a good wax but a great wax...I place it among the mid priced waxes and I am sure we will see and hear more of this Wax !!!

Since it has no name ( that I am aware of ) my suggestion to name it
    Purple Passion or Purple Protect....

Again Dan, thank you sir for this opportunity and wish you well with your passion for creating wax....glad I was a part of it !!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow..great review and great results for silver. ..who makes this wax ? How much is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    P#4 Test Pot ( Purple

Wax) Review

This was applied to a 14 Year old VW Jetta, Using the traditional 2 bucket wash system, no paint correction or enhancers used during this review, I used Meguiars Hyper wash ( wanted a shampoo with no wax or gloss enhancers) also bear in mind, this car has 180,000 miles on it too....last paint correction was done last May.

on with the pictures and review:
    Gotta throw in a picture of my favorite wash buckets..( Go Big Blue !! )

This is the only wax i could not describe the scent...which is a good thing, very unique smell

Using Yellow applicator and Cobra Shamrock Micro fiber Towel

I applied the wax in two methods, Thin coat and Heavy coat, using the back and forth method rather than in a circular motion ( for better consistency and ensure even coverage) Thin coating is what this wax requires...followed by a second thin coat.

and they say you cant get a great reflection from Silver paint.....

Now for some beading pictures.....This wax produced more of what I refer to as medium sized beads, not small or tight, but medium sized with almost identical sized beads...

Now a picture of the entire care covered and protected with P#4

final shot:

Summary of P#4......
    Scent was pleasant....loved the consistency of applying, no oily or streaky film left behind, smooth and easy to apply. Removal ( using thin coats ) was easy, didn`t grab or pull at the microfiber towel ( as it did when I applied it heavy).
    You could probably do about 10 -15 applications per this container ...just a guess...
    I loved the final results, crisp clean glossy look, not just a shine but a great crisp gloss...Metallic flakes on the VW really popped. P#4 gave the overall car a great brilliant well defined gloss.

Durability? N/A ....product is still in production stage and I only applied it today 02-18-2014....I will do a follow up in 3-4 weeks and see how it holds up.

Overall this is not only a good wax but a great wax...I place it among the mid priced waxes and I am sure we will see and hear more of this Wax !!!

Since it has no name ( that I am aware of ) my suggestion to name it
    Purple Passion or Purple Protect....

Again Dan, thank you sir for this opportunity and wish you well with your passion for creating wax....glad I was a part of it !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rparke View Post
    Wow..great review and great results for silver. ..who makes this wax ? How much is it ?
    Obi Dan Karnubi makes it, but its only a test pot. not the final product
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot for your reviews Ron and Wendell.

The red wax is designed with high gloss but still being fairly durable however to make it glossy and to have a very slick feel and to aid sheeting, the oils used are fairly high so ill tweak this. Ron ill get another sample to you and see if its better in removal.

Thanks Wendell nice review and great pics, the purple wax is a nice little wax and is great on all colours cant wait for a dark car to show how well it is on darker shades too. Im glad it gave so much clarity as that was my aim, The purple wax is clarity and reflections, red is gloss and brings the brightness out and green is a wet look and warm glow. The beading didnt look to good tho bit disappointed about that, as it gave nice tight tall beads through my testing. How long from second coat buffed to water applied just out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by psynx View Post
    Obi Dan Karnubi makes it, but its only a test pot. not the final product
    Thanks mate, yes all made by me these are prototypes at the moment but some might form a range at some point but still tweaking to do.

Got another 4 waxes to try this week and see if they work how i want them, a natural wax, a variation of the green wax with extra glossers and two other waxes that are tweaked versions of the same blend. Plus keep getting asked to make custom waxes for people so far ive said no, thats only available to the select few

Keep updating this thread with how they are performing and looking forward to more reviews!

ODK

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and Valleyrider, Nice review on your wheels hopefully it will hold up well. Its performing how it should so far and this has helped me with my wheel wax im developing, bloody hard wax to get right, but 4 months in and nearly there lol

Post Thanks / Like

An update on how the wheels are holding up so far.

Here is 1 full week of filth on my wheels, the last clean up was done 4 days after application, so this is after 11 days and 1 cleanup so far. No reapplication after initial 2 coats were applied.

After a hose down

After the final wipe with a microfiber, no wheel brush used to agitate
    (Don`t mind the filthy lug bolts)

So far the wax has held up almost two weeks on the wheels after being hosed off and wiped down once prior to this. The beading on the wheels this week was still present but they appear to be loosening up a bit from the first week when the wheel was cleaned.

Cleanup of the wheel was still just as easy as the first week, hose down / wipe dry, no agitation from a brush or soap needed. This was all done on the face of the wheel, I did not wax the barrels.

I did get a chance to finally wax the rest of the car but by the time I finished (I started later in the day) it was already dark so going to take some photos today of the car.

I polished out the hood and fenders above the ppf to prep for the wax

I flipped the wax upside-down and give it a quick tap on the ground to pop it out of the container to spread on a red foam pad. The wax loaded up very easily onto the pad as it was quite soft out of the container.

I used a GG6" with a 5.5" red ccs pad on 2.5 speed and it spread the wax a very long way. I only had to load up the 3 times to cover the entire car, once for the front end and once for each side. This stuff spreads and spreads and spreads. Everything on the car was coated minus the exhaust tips and windows.

I let the front end cure for about 7 minutes before wiping off.

One thing different that I didn`t notice when waxing the wheels was how much oils were in this wax. On the blue of my car it I could see that I needed to wipe it twice to remove all the residue which I didn`t notice on the silver wheels.

On the back of the car I applied, let cure 3 minutes, then wiped and this seemed to not leave as much residue behind as the 7 minute cure time.

The second coat of wax was easier to remove than the first, not as much residue left over.

The wax imparted a nice glossy wet look to the paint and it looks slightly darker once waxed.

Since this is a test wax I decided to wax the plastic trim moldings on my car to see what would happen. 2 coats of wax on all trim.

The battery box and front trim are all part of the same plastic so the whole thing was waxed

Door trim before wax

After wax

The wax darkened the trim a little and gave it a nice sheen. Overall I really like the look the wax imparted on the trim pieces - not too shiny but a nice sheen with a little darkening of the plastic.

So far this has been a good wheel wax but it may not last past 3 weeks as it is showing signs of wearing off. I love the look of this wax on trim pieces (durability test to come). If it could get down to a single wipe instead of a double wipe needed to remove the residue from the paint it would be an overall winner!

Beading and sheeting test to come soon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information