Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer vs. Dirty Pads

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer restores your foam, wool, and microfiber polishing pads by fully removing all product residues. When polishing pads are cleaned thoroughly after every use, they maintain their texture and performance far longer than neglected pads. Not only does maintaining your pads save money, you will get better results as well. Keep your pads polishing flawlessly with BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer.

Directions: Mix 1 scoop of BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer with 3-4 gallons of water. Place soiled polishing pads into bucket after use and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Massage cleaner through out the pad and rinse clean. Allow pads to dry face down.

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer (BF APC&R) is a powder detergent which mixes effortlessly with water. What is nice about this cleaner is that you can mix up a bucket, set it in the corner of the garage, and throw your pads into the solution to soak while you continue you polishing.

I used a number of polishing pads through out the weekend, and had some dirty pads laying around the garage, so I figured I would give BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer a test.

Add one scoop of cleaner to 3-4 gallons of water and mix around until the solution feels "slick".

Here is one of the dirtier pads... A orange Lake Country CCS Foam Pad.

Set the pad into the solution and massage the pad, allowing the solution to soak into the cells of the foam.

In just seconds, most the dirt was released. However, I let the pad (and the other ones) soak over night as I continued detailing. The final after picture will be at the end.

Early the next morning I had a bucket full of dirty pads. Massage the pads uin the solution (you can see the polish residue releasing as I squeeze this white pad).

Squeeze out as much solution and polish residue as possible.

Notice the black bucket. I like to fill up a second bucket with just water (two-bucket method anybody ). Squeeze and massage the pad in the clean water to flush out at remaining residues.

If you have a rotary polisher, now is a good time to spin the pad to help dry it. Then set the pad face down to allow any water to drain out and evaporate.

Some stubborn residues may require a light scrubbing with a pad brush. Here is the orange pad from the very beginning of the thread. No doubt that BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer did an awesome job!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer vs. Dirty Pads

I like it. Todd, can you use that type of cleaner in a pad washer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtford95 View Post
    I like it. Todd, can you use that type of cleaner in a pad washer?
    Yes

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet. I will put it on my order list

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this stuff. When a pad gets dirty I just toss it in the bucket and by the time I`m done with the job it`s as easy as rinse them off and dry them. Boom! Onto the next job! It sure beats standing at the sink and washing one at a time, and trying to squeez all the polish out. This cleaner releases the products from the pads exceptionally well. I highly recommend this cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klock View Post
    I really like this stuff. When a pad gets dirty I just toss it in the bucket and by the time I`m done with the job it`s as easy as rinse them off and dry them. Boom! Onto the next job! It sure beats standing at the sink and washing one at a time, and trying to squeez all the polish out. This cleaner releases the products from the pads exceptionally well. I highly recommend this cleaner
    Thanks for the feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Would this stuff work on MF pads and hey - towels too?

Thread Information