Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review Gary Dean`s Infinite Use Detail Juice & My Take on the GDWM

Very good review.
    Heres something I did,

I`ve been using the Juice for about a year now. It`s a really good product and is versatile. Doing a truck a few weeks ago, family member, I spent a dollar at the coin wash before bringing home, lots of salt. Wanting to try something using only the Juice. Mixing 1oz to one gallon as a wash and 2.5oz per gallon as as spray. Using his style, I always presoak, did the out side complete. With the inside vacuumed, sprayed everything, using towels from wash solution wiped everything down, it did clean the carpet and inside good, a APC would be better, I was happy with the results. It left a natural look on the inside panels and had a slick feel, I did mist it straight on a towel and wipe inside panels down, not much change as look goes. Dressed the tires like stated. Misted engine bay and wiped down, same results as inside. Windows I suck at and didn`t like the purple haze the next day outside.
    Over all I do like the low gloss look on the tires and inside. The truck was a short bed two door, not extend, and used a minimum of 5oz, still have solution in bucket and spray though. At a $1.25 an oz ( from the gallon price)it`s ok, if doing anything bigger I couldn`t justify the cost at $160 a gallon.

I will still keep the Juice around as it does work good. All products have pros and cons.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I`m late to this party! How did I miss this thread?!? By now I suppose most regulars here know that I`m a fan of both IUDJ (and Garry), though for me it`s the second/third step of an otherwise conventional (and foamgun-centric) wash.

But his dilution instructions are *BADLY* worded IMO. FWIW, I mix ~2oz IDDJ: 1 gallon water for washing and ~3oz IUDJ: 1 galon water for QD.

I don`t use it for black trim/etc. preferring ValuGard FastFinish.

Swanicyouth- Yes indeed, very good review! I`m on the other side of the fence regarding its scent though, I *LIKE* it.

Tom E IL- Welcome to Autopia!
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, "late" or didn`t see it? - Sometimes these threads just need a bump to make sure everyone has a chance to see it.

Excellent review! I`ve been waiting for this. I`m a recent convert to UWW+ and I can`t imagine a better product. Maybe IUDJ is that product, but considering availability, price, all the rave words about it, and the fact that UWW+ smells like a lime daiquiri, I`m sticking with it!

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- As I think you guessed, I didn`t see it until now. So yeah, glad it got bumped.

I can fully understand your sticking with the Ultima, I can`t remember just *why* I went with the IUDJ instead...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    WaxAddict- As I think you guessed, I didn`t see it until now. So yeah, glad it got bumped.

I can fully understand your sticking with the Ultima, I can`t remember just *why* I went with the IUDJ instead...
    Probably because you bought 5 gallons of that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Probably [like it] because you bought 5 gallons of that stuff.
    Heh heh...nah, I bought *one* gallon of the IUDJ It was the 3D Pink Shampoo that I bought five gallons of! Good thing I like that stuff OK (well, I like it mixed with GG) otherwise I would`ve had a lifetime supply of wells/undercarriage shampoo!

So no, I don`t sell myself on something just because I invested in a bunch of it; if it doesn`t work for me then that`s that, I`ll just use it up for non-critical duty as I am my gallon of ONR v2.0.

It was basically a coin-toss regarding IUDJ/UWW. IIRC, it was primarily Tom P.`s positive take on the IUDJ that won me over; he and I tend to see stuff the same way. Plus, I kinda liked the idea of supporting Garry...and individual making his way in life via his interest in detailing. Who knows, next time I might try the Ultima just out of curiosity!

Post Thanks / Like

For Rinseless I have tried all versions of ONR, UWW, and IUDJ...i prefer IUDJ. I also have tried the Garry Dean "Air Induction System" wash with the Infinite Juice and the results are quite impressive. A "mini" power wash with Rinseless prior to wipe off with a quality microfiber towel. Nice setup...I also like Garry Dean and his way of doing things. Does he promote his business and products? Yes...but what business doesn`t to some extent. Nevertheless...very nice product the JUICE is...
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

52split- I must`ve missed his "Air Induction System" wash...what`s that all about?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    52split- I must`ve missed his "Air Induction System" wash...what`s that all about?
    Basically he fills a paint spray gun with IUDJ and sprays the panel down with the gun at its highest pressure (50-70psi), then wipes the panel down with a microfiber. He believes combining IUDJ with some air pressure will help with minimizing possible marring associated with Rinseless style washing.

Post Thanks / Like

52split- Huh, thanks for explaining...I guess the idea is that the higher-pressure application of the IUDJ does some dislodging or at least loosening of the dirt. At first blush I`d be a little skeptical of its benefits, but if you discern benefits I`ll defer to your experience. Not sure that *I* would benefit from it, what with all the other cleaning steps I go through before IUDJing.

Post Thanks / Like

Air injection is to replace pressure washing or pre-rinsing. I was skeptical of it at first but there are some great videos of it working in Garry`s FB group.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a siphon-fee sprayer that connects to my compressor, used it with regular shampoo mix before I got the pressure washer. Eh, I`m not gonna spray my IUDJ mix, seems wasteful compared to just using the pw with plain/DI water. OK, OK...yeah, I *am* stuck in my ways with regard to washing, but at least I was open-minded enough to start incorporating the IUDJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not that method actually uses LESS IUDJ solution. Garry states he can do 2 cars easy with the 32oz canister on the paint spray gun. Remember, it`s combining the pressurized air with the solution, so in theory less product is being used. Tried it several times already in experimentation and works effectively and much safer than the "traditional" Rinseless method.

Post Thanks / Like

52split- Huh, thanks for explaining, I learn something new every day! Makes me wish I still had my old paint guns! My siphon-feed sprayer goes through a lot more a lot faster.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased one for $16 from Harbor Freight. The "Garry Dean" approved gun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information