Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation SON1C Synopsis 64 : Tuf Shine - Permanent Tire Shine Coating Kit Review

In this video review there is an overview of the Tuf Shine Permanent Tire Shine Coating Kit contents, I showcase the process I used to clean the tires and coat the tires after they had completely dried. I also showcase tips and tricks along the way!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTM6HEqrvU]SON1C Synopsis 64 : Tuf Shine - Permanent Tire Shine Coating How To Apply and Review - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you get this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 64 : Tuf Shine - Permanent Tire Shine Coating Kit Review

Good video. I read nothing but good things about this product. The application seems pretty straight forward.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review. Looking forward to your videos regarding durability.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black13 View Post
    Where do you get this?

Right here - TUF SHINE Appearance Products

Been using all their products for years. They are all really good !

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get this?

autogeek / autopia car care are both stockists! ( Dan posted a link )
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Good video. I read nothing but good things about this product. The application seems pretty straight forward.
    thank you, so do I! So far the product is performing as expected so I am happy about that but time will tell as this product makes a huge claim -- permanent
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mitchell View Post
    Excellent review. Looking forward to your videos regarding durability.
    Thank you! I will surely update
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Right here - TUF SHINE Appearance Products

Been using all their products for years. They are all really good !

Dan F
    Glad to hear it! I have their spray and shine as well. will test that eventually as well

Post Thanks / Like

Great review

I just worry about getting the tires "clean" enough or else I would have used it before
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

Wicked

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Great review

I just worry about getting the tires "clean" enough or else I would have used it before
    Thats why they sell their own Tire Cleaner...

It works great and my Grand Cherokee Raised White Letter Tires stay black for the longest time...

You know how some tires look bad after a few weeks out in bad weather, right?
    Well, with this product, the tires still look dark black...

Nothing will ever be completely permanent but Im thinking if you cleaned them for the product, and used it like a tire dressing, with their perfect orange sponge applicator, your tires would always look great and not be greasy, or sling, etc...

Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great demo of the CORRECT way to use Tuff Shine. I watched the whole thing ! I was one of the early TS users and have been using it for somewhere between a year and two now. I have some tips that can maybe help these costly products go farther:

1. Don`t use the TS Tire Cleaner at first to clean your tire. Use LA Awesome ($1) or whatever APC you have the first two rounds on a dirty tire. That will help save your precious (and costly) TS Tire Cleaner and will remove 70% of the junk on the tire. It usually takes 4+ cleanings to get a non TS`ed tire clean. You can go through a whole 22oz bottle of the cleaner pretty quick if you use it exclusively.

2. I buy the Tire Cleaner by the gallon, as it`s much cheaper in bulk and also works to remove any dressing 100% from plastics as well. So, it has multiple uses. I find diluting the Tire Cleaner (non concentrate type) 50% with water does little or nothing to effect the cleaners potency, and you can get twice as much cleaner for your $$$.

3. As you mentioned, the cleaner sticks to the tire much better with a foaming sprayer. I like the Griot`s Foaming Sprayer:

4. The sponge works well to apply the coating, but it sucks up a fair amount of product. Also, after many uses it tends to shed little orange nubbies on your tires. I use a stiff brush to apply the coating, the Carrand Tire Brush to be exact. The Carrand Tire Brush comes in a kit of 2, save one for conventional dressings and mark one "TS" so the silicone products don`t intermingle with the TS coating.

5. Once you apply the TS coating successfully and correctly, there is no need to ever remove it from the tire or clean it with the TS Tire Cleaner again. Soap or mild wheel cleaner works fine to clean the tire. You can just top off the coating whenever you want to darken the tire (after cleaning it with soap).

Hope that helps someone. Nice review.

Post Thanks / Like

Great video. Thanks for putting the video together. Very helpful.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Sawnicyouth (love the name!) so what is the longevity like?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by groebuck View Post
    Sawnicyouth (love the name!) so what is the longevity like?
    IME it`s not permanent, but it seems unaffected by rain, snow, and soap. I top it off every month or two - but the tires no way look like they need it when I do it. It never really seems to go away, but I can`t help re-newing it every so often to get the super new black look.

The look of TS is a bit different for me. Tires look very new and black, but not glossy or greasy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Great review

I was skeptical of this at first but one must have faith in their detailing abilities matched with proper products, tools, and techniques -- I believe in you Ronkh!
    Thanks!

Wicked
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Thats why they sell their own Tire Cleaner...

It works great and my Grand Cherokee Raised White Letter Tires stay black for the longest time...

You know how some tires look bad after a few weeks out in bad weather, right?
    Well, with this product, the tires still look dark black...

Nothing will ever be completely permanent but Im thinking if you cleaned them for the product, and used it like a tire dressing, with their perfect orange sponge applicator, your tires would always look great and not be greasy, or sling, etc...

Good luck with this !
    Dan F
    Agreed, will be watching this and testing to see what interval I need to keep them looking dressed
    Thank you and thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    That`s a great demo of the CORRECT way to use Tuff Shine. I watched the whole thing ! I was one of the early TS users and have been using it for somewhere between a year and two now. I have some tips that can maybe help these costly products go farther:

1. Don`t use the TS Tire Cleaner at first to clean your tire. Use LA Awesome ($1) or whatever APC you have the first two rounds on a dirty tire. That will help save your precious (and costly) TS Tire Cleaner and will remove 70% of the junk on the tire. It usually takes 4+ cleanings to get a non TS`ed tire clean. You can go through a whole 22oz bottle of the cleaner pretty quick if you use it exclusively.

2. I buy the Tire Cleaner by the gallon, as it`s much cheaper in bulk and also works to remove any dressing 100% from plastics as well. So, it has multiple uses. I find diluting the Tire Cleaner (non concentrate type) 50% with water does little or nothing to effect the cleaners potency, and you can get twice as much cleaner for your $$$.

3. As you mentioned, the cleaner sticks to the tire much better with a foaming sprayer. I like the Griot`s Foaming Sprayer:

4. The sponge works well to apply the coating, but it sucks up a fair amount of product. Also, after many uses it tends to shed little orange nubbies on your tires. I use a stiff brush to apply the coating, the Carrand Tire Brush to be exact. The Carrand Tire Brush comes in a kit of 2, save one for conventional dressings and mark one "TS" so the silicone products don`t intermingle with the TS coating.

5. Once you apply the TS coating successfully and correctly, there is no need to ever remove it from the tire or clean it with the TS Tire Cleaner again. Soap or mild wheel cleaner works fine to clean the tire. You can just top off the coating whenever you want to darken the tire (after cleaning it with soap).

Hope that helps someone. Nice review.
    Thanks for taking the time for this input swanic, incredible tips and walk through truly appreciated and I`m glad my method / video was swanic approved! I like the brush idea as well and could certainly see the orange shedding being a future issue.
    Based on your experience with TS, is it something you will continue to use or will you move on to other products?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information