Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Smallest/Best Quality Polisher?

Who makes the smallest, best quality polisher and what retailer carries it at the cheapest price?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smallest/Best Quality Polisher?

Random Orbital, or Rotary Power ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

GG makes a 3in in pneumatic and electric, but I have read reviews here that it doesn`t have much power. I use the GG 6" and think it is a great machine for a weekend warrior like myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gret View Post
    GG makes a 3in in pneumatic and electric, but I have read reviews here that it doesn`t have much power. I use the GG 6" and think it is a great machine for a weekend warrior like myself.
    I owned one of the GG 3" electric polishers and ended up selling it. It just didn`t have enough power for my taste. I ended up buying a 3" backing plate for my Porter Cable 7424 to use 3" pads. It has much more power than the GG and serves my purposes for when I need to use a 3" pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    I owned one of the GG 3" electric polishers and ended up selling it. It just didn`t have enough power for my taste. I ended up buying a 3" backing plate for my Porter Cable 7424 to use 3" pads. It has much more power than the GG and serves my purposes for when I need to use a 3" pad.
    Forgot to mention I did the same thing to achieve a smaller size. If you just need a smaller pad size and not an overall smaller machine, a smaller backing plate will be both cost effective and produce great results.

Post Thanks / Like

i have both griot`s 6" and 3" polishers. the 3" is definitely underpowered but fills a specialty place in my detailing. i was able to try out ronkh`s rupes mini and it performed much better.
    to me, rupes and flex get highest marks for quality, but their price also reflects this. i believe most prices for the flex and rupes are set pretty close to list. ACC and AGO still have sales with no restrictions on polishers from time to time. that combined with free shipping can be hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Random Orbital, or Rotary Power ?
    Dan F
    Orbital, to match a Flex 3401 but to reach much smaller spaces the 3401 can`t.

Post Thanks / Like

if you`re thinking of going with a mini size polisher, check out this comparison todd helme did on a mini rupes vs. mini griot`s showdown. http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...polishers.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    to me, rupes and flex get highest marks for quality, but their price also reflects this. i believe most prices for the flex and rupes are set pretty close to list. ACC and AGO still have sales with no restrictions on polishers from time to time. that combined with free shipping can be hard to beat.
    The "no restrictions" sales always exclude the Rupes polishers (although apparently if you call in your order you can get around that).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The "no restrictions" sales always exclude the Rupes polishers (although apparently if you call in your order you can get around that).

Not true. Last ACC no restriction sale I bought my Rupes mini with the discount.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Do you believe in using a polishing pad washer like the Grit Guard brand?

Post Thanks / Like

Pad washers are a MUST if you have a limited supply of pads. They will save you ALOT of time in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but the cost for one is exorbitant ($135.00 average), for a plastic pail with a plastic spring board center to me..... just isn`t justified.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    Yes but the cost for one is exorbitant ($135.00 average), for a plastic pail with a plastic spring board center to me..... just isn`t justified.
    Depends, do you detail? or is this a hobby? As a detailer I believe in giving my clients the best. All it takes is one dirty pad to screw up a panel, repaint = way more then a standard 1 pass.

That said, I`ve had every pad washer on the market from the grit guard to the system 3000. The grit guard works the best an yet I built my own after all of them. It cost me 50$ an works better then any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

i have one and like it, but i agree, they are overpriced. you`ll actually do better by buying a lot of extra pads and toss them into a bucket of pad cleaner as you use them. i don`t stop to clean pads when i`m detailing, just move on to a new pad. saves time for sure.
    acc= Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information