Post Thanks / Like

Koala Wash Mitt Review

PBMG image

Sample source: Autopia Car Care give away (no conditions)

Autopia Car Care Description
    The Koala Wash Mitt is the easy-to-hold wash mitt that gently washes your car in the safest manner possible. Made from long-hair Merino wool, the Koala Wash Mitt is the best choice to pamper your vehicle as you clean it. This soft, fluffy wash mitt helps prevents the creation of wash scratches and gloss-reducing swirl marks. Keep your paint shinning with this luxurious wash mitt.

Price: $19.99

Care and Maintenance instructions - included with mitt
    Rinse the wash mitt in warm water or hand wash using a dedicated wool detergent. Do not machine dry. Prop the cuff open to allow air to circulate inside the mitt while drying. Avoid extreme variances in temperature. Comb the mitt after it has completely dried (after each use) to restore fluffiness and to insure all loose debris has been removed. Mitts left wet will rot. If the mitt is not cared for properly, it will not look, feel, or perform as intended. Store in a cool, dry place.

Usage notes

For the review, just to add some variables I used it three times with different soaps.

I tend to use full hand mitts to use both sides (wash more without dunking) and also to control pressure. This mitt is a single side style with a mesh hand pocket. Compared to my older hand mitt Race Glaze mitts when wet, the Koala Mitt is much lighter and glides easier over the paint. The hand pocket seemed smallish and think some with large hands would may not like this but never really felt it was going to fall out of my hand during use.

It felt nice in the hand, quite light even with suds, picked up ample amounts of soaps, and moved easily over the paint. I did notice that some debris did not always rinse out after the rinse bucket . The pure white color makes it easy to see. It just took a little extra effort to run your hand through the fibers to get them to come out.

During clean up, the mitt rinsed out very easily. It did not hold soap some like most mitts. This is in part due to the single side design. It air dried in the garage in about 24 hr or so. I did not follow the instructions to use a dedicated wool detergent. I just washed out well at the end of the wash.

Dipped in wash

Hand in pocket and gliding over the paint (soap: DDJ Born to Be Mild)

Back side

Pro`s
    • Super soft feeling
    • hand pocket
    • Light weight even wet
    • Cleans well
    • Glides easily over paint
    • Rinses easily
    • Dries quickly
    • Holds decent amount of soap

Cons
    • Snags sharp edged emblems more easily so extra care around
    • Some sliver type debris does not rinse out as easy so requiring more care in rinse bucket
    • Hand pocket may be smallish for those with large hands
    • No second side if you want two sides
    • More care needed if you follow them completely. I did not see anything in my three uses so far or negative side effects

Summary
    A very soft wash mitt with a great feel but does require a little extra TLC

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koala Wash Mitt Review

Excellent, well-thought out, and honest review Al, but honestly I excepted nothing less!!!

The Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt is the name super soft merino wool in a full-fisted, double-sided design!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koala Wash Mitt Review

Great review Al.

Your pros are the same reason I love the CarPro version of this mitt. It`s always good to have another option.

Thread Information