Post Thanks / Like

Shine and Review: White Camry with Meguiars White Wax

My wifey had a little family get together today. All her brothers and sisters mom and dad. About a month back my brother in law, who knew about my love for shiny cars asked if I could work for him on his Camry. He loves the car, it`s white, it`s 9 years old but he loves it. Originally I had planned to do a big two step polish for him, because he loves it so much, however time just wasn`t working out for either of us. So I decided that before our get together tonight, he should bring the car over early and I could give it a one step AIO style. My choice was Meguiars White Wax. For those that don`t know this is an OTC product by Megs designed for white to light cars. It`s an AIO, it`s smat, I`d say same cut as M205 and it cleans really well. Plus it leaves behind some protection. So I figured what better to do with 4 1/2 hours then hook my brother in law up.

This isn`t the most detailed review and show and shine, apologies I wanted to get this up before our night started!

Process and products

CG Wash and Gloss 2BM Style
    CG Sig Series Wheel Cleaners on Wheels and Tires
    CG All Clean + on moderately soiled areas near the bumpers
    Nanoskin Fine Grade sponge for Decon
    Auto Finesse Iron Out for Decon
    Meguiars White Wax
    Griots 6"
    5 White Flat 5.5" LC Pads
    2 4" Megs Polishing pads
    DP Glass Resotrer
    Pinnacle Glass Sealant

Anyway here are some befores, after wash and Decon. Sorry didn`t have the quality camera available, just my iphone but as you can see, the paint is dull, lifeless, and just uninspiring. Again, I wasn`t going for total correction, I wanted to bring out as much shine as possible in the quickest amount of time.

And some Afters just Megs white wax, some white pads and a griots
    Lol I kept this one tine piece until the end to show him how badly oxidized and dull the paint was.

All in all I really was impressed with what Megs white wax could do. Really worked well nice work time, the price was right, really just impressed. And most importantly the bro in law was stoked.

Now I am off to enjoy my evening. Sorry fort he half assed review and shine but that`s life.

Happy Weekend all

Post Thanks / Like

Make it Shiney: Camry and White Wax

My wifey had a little family get together today. All her brothers and sisters mom and dad. About a month back my brother in law, who knew about my love for shiny cars asked if I could work for him on his Camry. He loves the car, it`s white, it`s 9 years old but he loves it. Originally I had planned to do a big two step polish for him, because he loves it so much, however time just wasn`t working out for either of us. So I decided that before our get together tonight, he should bring the car over early and I could give it a one step AIO style. My choice was Meguiars White Wax. For those that don`t know this is an OTC product by Megs designed for white to light cars. It`s an AIO, it`s smat, I`d say same cut as M205 and it cleans really well. Plus it leaves behind some protection. So I figured what better to do with 4 1/2 hours then hook my brother in law up.

This isn`t the most detailed review and show and shine, apologies I wanted to get this up before our night started!

Process and products

CG Wash and Gloss 2BM Style
    CG Sig Series Wheel Cleaners on Wheels and Tires
    CG All Clean + on moderately soiled areas near the bumpers
    Nanoskin Fine Grade sponge for Decon
    Auto Finesse Iron Out for Decon
    Meguiars White Wax
    Griots 6"
    5 White Flat 5.5" LC Pads
    2 4" Megs Polishing pads
    DP Glass Resotrer
    Pinnacle Glass Sealant

Anyway here are some befores, after wash and Decon. Sorry didn`t have the quality camera available, just my iphone but as you can see, the paint is dull, lifeless, and just uninspiring. Again, I wasn`t going for total correction, I wanted to bring out as much shine as possible in the quickest amount of time.

And some Afters just Megs white wax, some white pads and a griots
    Lol I kept this one tine piece until the end to show him how badly oxidized and dull the paint was.

All in all I really was impressed with what Megs white wax could do. Really worked well nice work time, the price was right, really just impressed. And most importantly the bro in law was stoked.

Now I am off to enjoy my evening. Sorry fort he half assed review and shine but that`s life.

Happy Weekend all

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shine and Review: White Camry with Meguiars White Wax

if i ever have any doubts about a product, megs is always a good choice. looks like a good choice on your part too. the white finish turned out very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

No need to post thread in two separate forums. Duplicate threads have been merged.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t know megs white/black waxes were aio products. Amazing results you got! Target it starting to put a lot of their car care stuff on clearance. May pickup a tube of white and tube of black after seeing this! They already have them marked down to like $6.50

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    No need to post thread in two separate forums. Duplicate threads have been merged.
    Okay. I`ve done about 5 threads this same way for Blackfire products previously I was never told it was an issue, my bad, didn`t know that was wrong. IMO posting in different areas allows for different feedback on the post one for the product one for the work but it`s all gravy! :-) Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    if i ever have any doubts about a product, megs is always a good choice. looks like a good choice on your part too. the white finish turned out very nice.
    Many thanks! And I agree Meguiars stuff just works!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I didn`t know megs white/black waxes were aio products. Amazing results you got! Target it starting to put a lot of their car care stuff on clearance. May pickup a tube of white and tube of black after seeing this! They already have them marked down to like $6.50
    Indeed yeah they are AIO`s. They have fine abrasives I`d guess similar to m205. Really worked great as you can see!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Okay. I`ve done about 5 threads this same way for Blackfire products previously I was never told it was an issue, my bad, didn`t know that was wrong. IMO posting in different areas allows for different feedback on the post one for the product one for the work but it`s all gravy! :-) Thanks
    There is nothing personal intended in this instruction and it has nothing to do with which product was used. Simply said, it can become confusing for users to follow a conversation when there are multiple threads with the same information. This is particularly true when the original post is lengthy. AF has a ton of forum topics where a thread can be posted. Just pick the one that is most appropriate. Nothing more that that.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    There is nothing personal intended in this instruction and it has nothing to do with which product was used. Simply said, it can become confusing for users to follow a conversation when there are multiple threads with the same information. This is particularly true when the original post is lengthy. AF has a ton of forum topics where a thread can be posted. Just pick the one that is most appropriate. Nothing more that that.
    Nothing personal taken! I was just stating what I had done previously is all. It`s all good like I said. I have no issues with it, was just curious why this one and not the others.

Thanks for participating and clearing it up!

Post Thanks / Like

The older white Corollas were single stage paint. This Camry appears to be SS also. It looks quite nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice !!!

I didn`t have much luck with the black (tooth paste tube) wax.

Glad to see you had a better result
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Happy wife = happy life!

Thread Information